Corsair Community

AX1600i, Sata and a lot of LL-Fans

Kalorean

Hey guys,

another question. As I stated in another thread I am planing to build a new system on a Corsair base and wanted to utilize the 1000D as well as a ton of Corsair LL fans + 5 Sata SSD/HDD-Drives.

My question is:

Due to the 1600i only havin 5 SATa power connectors and my choice of drives, will I have enough Sata on the PSU for the drives and approximately 21 fans.

Thx for the help.

Kalorean

According to this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Power/Plug-Type/axi-series-config/p/CP-9020087-NA you have 16 SATA connectors with the AX1600.

You'll need 5 for the drives, 1 for the Commander Pro (CoPro) that comes with the case, 4 more for the fan hubs and at least 1 more for an additional Lighting Node Pro. That's a total of 11 at a minimum. Of course, additional items will require more but you still have capacity. Furthermore, you can always get more cables.

My Sandy-Bridge-E has well earned its retirement.

Actually it wasn't my idea, but I got tempted by the Riptide-Buildlog from Paul'sHardware. You guys did well sponsoring it.

You've got yourself a customer :-)

But I'll have to wait until mid september, because of relocation and availability of the Threadripper 2950x in Germany.

I'll keep you posted!

Kalorean

Archived