Corsair Community

Installing a SSD in the 500D RGB SE

Tyg420

Hi, Its been days and I cant figure out how to mount my SSD. How is it supposed to be mounted? I remove the screw, put the SSD in, it doesnt click in or anything, so I have to keep it on the case by having the tray squeeze it, but, if I try to put the tray on without inserting the bottom 2 notches of the tray, the screw isnt long enough. If i DO insert the tray in the bottom 2 notches, the tray + ssd cant tilt back to the original location. So i cant really figure out how its supposed to go. Even if it could be inserted in the tray I dont see how a cable is supposed to reach it. Im using the Samsung 860 EVO (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yzfhP6/samsung-860-evo-1tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e1t0bam) Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

It looks to me as though you remove the tray, use 2 or 4 short screws to fasten the SSD to the tray (from the rear of the tray) and then replace the tray, so that you can see the SSD but not the tray. I hope that this makes sense.

This seems to work, I need to apply a decent bit of force to plug a sata cable in this way but once its there it seems to work, thank you :)

Archived