Corsair Community

Some pre-order questions...

TickleOnTheTum

I have to say that I really like the look of the K95 RGB (MX Blue) but have a few questions:

1) As the device has an ARM CPU & Memory does it store/run macros & lighting profiles within the keyboard? If not, is this something that could/might be added later in a firmware upgrade?

2) Does the CUE software support fully programmable scripting, E.G. . If A pressed and less than than 10 seconds since b key pressed then... Again, if not, is this something that could/might be added later in a firmware/software upgrade?

3) Am I right in assuming that the CUE software macro settings allows detection of running programs? What I mean is can I assign one macro to G9 that will only run if Firefox is running, and another macro to G9 that runs if Visual Studio is running, and the CUE software automatically detects what program is active. Eg. Macro Profiles that become active when a particular program is brought to the foreground, as in certain keyboard company beginning with L 's macro software. Yet again, if not, is this something that could/might be added later in a firmware/software upgrade?

4) Are the key-caps on the macro keys interchangeable with standard Cherry MX addon/replacement key-caps?

OK that's it, I eagerly await the answers!

1) No, they have already stated a few times that there is not enough onboard memory to store all the macros and lighting effects. You can only save your performance tabs settings and a static lighting profile.

2) You can't do that in CUE directly but I guess it should be possible once they add LUA scripting to CUE. Not sure though.

3) Yes and no, you can assign CUE to switch profiles based on the active process/program and you can setup the button differently in each profile. But you can't use the same profile and bind to it different macros based on the running program.

4) I've seen some mention switching keycaps so I assume it's possible with no issue, not having the keyboard myself yet I can't confirm it however.

Thanks Terabyte:

1) That was a real missed opportunity, still not a deal breaker.

2) Are they definitely adding LUA scripting do we know?

3) That's what I meant I wasn't very good at explaining it, pleased with that feature being there, would have been a deal breaker!

4) Sounds positive, hopefully someone with this keyboard will reply.

Archived