Corsair Community

SSD Drivers for Portable Installation

necrat

Hey,

i want to upgrade an hdd, the old died.

i can upgrade to win7, 8.1, 10, i prefer the 8.1 because it features already ssd drives, yet the user prefers win7.

Can you please tell me where to find a decent, windows driver binary that can actually let windows init the sdd.

Bests

necrat

• 3 weeks later...
Hey,

i want to upgrade an hdd, the old died.

i can upgrade to win7, 8.1, 10, i prefer the 8.1 because it features already ssd drives, yet the user prefers win7.

Can you please tell me where to find a decent, windows driver binary that can actually let windows init the sdd.

Bests

necrat

Not sure that your question makes sense? In any case, why would you be considering anything less than Windows 10, which is far more capable than ANY previous (obsolete) version of Windows.

SSD support is built in.

• 1 year later...

@Yemble: sure that your question makes sense?

necrat already said he prefers 8.1 but the [intended] user prefers 7. So do I.

Not everybody wants/needs/must have what M$ is forcing on you. Latest is NOT always greatest.

'ANY previous (obsolete) version of Windows'

For Windows 10 this is the case twice a year -> that is obsolete by design, not a bug :nono: but a feature :!:

hey, that even beats Windows NT 3.x which was holding that record for over 2 decades (after kicking Windows 1.x)

@all and future reference for people using forums search function:

even Windows 7 is supposed to recognize SSD as medium it is going to be set up at and to consider that fact by configuring the system appropriate. The disbeliever and doubter might verify for themselves that..

..TRIM is indeed working (by issuing "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" from an elevated prompt)

..some services (defrag, workstation ;): etc) really being disabled (services.msc)

Windows driver binary can be found at e.g. %SystemRoot%\sstem32\drivers

msahci.sys works well for SATA devices for me (and many others) and has passed WHQL actually.

Thanks for reading

Stay healthy!