Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB onboard memory unchangeable

Tedofonk

Hello,

I recently encounter issues with the onboard memory of my Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB.

When i start CUE in order to change a macro i get an error message which says something like

"An error was detected in the local profiles on your device. A profile is damaged or unknown. Please save all your profiles to the device again. You can also delete all data from the onboard memory under settings."

Unfortunately i can neither save a new profile to the mouse nor delete the onboard memory. Trying to delete the onboard profiles does nothing. It does not cause an error but does not delete the memory either.

Trying to save a new profile to the mouse results in an error message saying "Your device is not detected any more or there is a problem when saving to the onboard memory. Please reconnect your device and try again."

Apart from that the mouse is working fine, even the profiles that I saved to the mouse two months ago are still working flawlessly. CUE just refuses to apply any change to the onboard memory.

I get the same errors on two different systems with Win7 and Win10 with CUE 2.21.67 and CUE 2.24.50. Does this mean that the hardware is defective or can this be a software issue?

I appreciate any help.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Tedafonk, you can also try soft resetting the Scimitar PRO to see if clearing the memory helps.

Unplug the mouse, hold down both left and right clicks, reconnect mouse USB. Wait 5 seconds for it to enter reset mode, the logo will do a slow rainbow cycle. Let go of the clicks and do another unplug-> replug to finish the reset, it should then reset the memory and copy over the reset HW profiles again to CUE.

Thank you for the idea, I haven't tried flashing the firmware.

So after a bit of search I found it in CUE and checked for an update. It appears that my mouse already has the newest firmware version 1.10 but i used the button to force the update anyway.

Unfortunately this process had no effect on the behaviour of my mouse, i am still not able to apply any changes to the onboard memory.

EDIT:

Hi Tedafonk, you can also try soft resetting the Scimitar PRO to see if clearing the memory helps.

Unplug the mouse, hold down both left and right clicks, reconnect mouse USB. Wait 5 seconds for it to enter reset mode, the logo will do a slow rainbow cycle. Let go of the clicks and do another unplug-> replug to finish the reset, it should then reset the memory and copy over the reset HW profiles again to CUE.

Wow, that did the trick! Now i can mess with the onboard profiles again. Thanks a lot for the awesome help!

Archived