Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core Not Being my Friend

Tried2Fail

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the new QL140 Fans. I have 5 of them, 3 as case fans and 2 as fans for my 115i AIO. I have the fans connected to Commander Pro for PWM control and the the including Lighting Node Core RGB Hub for Lighting Control.

From the start of getting these new fans and RGB controlled I have been having USB issues non-stop. Sometimes when I turn on the computer, all the fans spin but do light up and once I get into Windows I open iCue I see the Lighting Node core has not been detected.

After lots and lots of troubeshooting I found out that the only way I can get Lighting Node Core to work is by unplugging it from the USB header WHILE THE PC IS RUNNING and then reconnect it. This was the Lighting Node Core is detected instantly and usually sticks around until the next reboot.

I have Fast Boot and Fast Start disabled in my Bios.I have attached a screenshot of USBDeview (while the node was detected). After taking screenshot and reboot it was gone again.

Short of getting a new PC, how can I get back to normal with this?

1988841713_lightingnodeusb.png.2dac4b358029c08f39b1905d28b710ad.png

Currently the Lighting Node Core is plugged directly into Motherboard. I only have 2 internal USB headers so I have an NZXT internal hub plugged into the remaining header. The NZXT hub has the commander Pro, Hx850i PSU, H115i Aio plugged into it. All of these work fine. I have tried different combinations such as removing the NZXT hub, plugging into different headers etc but nothing seems to work reliable for getting the Lighting node core to work. I have even reinstalled Windows. This doesnt seem to be a Windows or Driver problem though because the fans will light up white as soon as I turn on my PC if it is working. If it is not working, the won't light at all.

I found this thread, and despite it being a Lighting Node Pro, it has the exact same problem I have and the same motherboard chipset to mine (Asus Z170).

There is what looks like a reset button on the lighting node core but Corsair literally don't have this documented anywhere I can find.

At the moment no, it is not being picked up. However when it did work it was being picked up in iCue no problem. I used Nirsoft USBDeview and it isn't showing up now, nor can I see it in device manager. Weird thing is, if I reach in to the motherboard and yank the USB cable for LNC and reinsert it, the fans instantly light up and the LNC is visible in windows again. However it will survive a restart but if my PC losses power, when I turn on PC the fans will spin, but there will be no RGB and LNC won't be visible in Windows