Corsair Community

H100i no being picked up by Corsairlink

trex

installed the cooler and the software but when i try to update the firmware it always says Error reading firmware (or somthing) and the h100i is not on the device list.. help would be great.

No I'm not using link commander. i just got the usb cable that came with it and its plunged in to the usb header. when i try to flash it just keeps saying error loading firmware file.

• Corsair Employee
Let’s try this, stop Corsair Link Hardware monitor under task manager, close the SW then uninstall the software from the control panel including all the profiles, install the SW then go to Options and then click “Reset to defaults” then shutdown, unplug the USB connector, plug it back in to the same header or maybe try a different header, then turn on the system back on and flash the FW again to 1.05v and see if that makes a difference. Btw, do you have any other PC health/temp monitoring app, such PC probe, Fan Expert, etc.? If so, try to uninstall them, it may be that other app could be conflicting with Corsair Link.

nope still comes up as "ERROR loading firmware file!". im lost as to why it would be doing this... the pump comes up as HID-compliant device in device manager. so its not the connection. and i don't have any temp monitoring apps.

• 4 weeks later...

my coolers fan controller was messed up your unit is probably messed up too...but first try at least a few different ports and a few different usbs and if it still does not work and uv tried uninstall and reinstalling the software then rma it

i rmaed mine and it works great so ya it was just the cooler

Archived