Corsair Community

My TX 850W is dying. How to proceed RMA?

PROBERTY

English: Hello. I´m from Brazil. My psu Corsair TX850W is dying. How to proceed RMA in this case? It´s into a 5 years warranty. I buy its from Mercado Livre´s sealer in 2010. Thank you very much

PS: sorry for my english

Portuguese: Olá. Sou do Brasil. Minha fonte esta morrendo. Como proceder com o RMA nesse já que ela ainda possui a garantia de 5 anos? Comprei de um vendedor do Mercado Livre. Desde já agradeço

• Corsair Employee
I would try the reseller first and see if they will help you and if not then you can use the link on the left and request an RMA directly with us but you would have to ship it to the USA or The Netherlands for us to replace it.

Hi, me again.

Don´t accept Part Number of my product.

The only number i got is this:

1) In PSU

S/N: 000227 09407141 -

2) In Box (in order the apparencement)

First Bar Code: 09407141

CMPSU-850TX

Assy in China

Secound Bar Code (bigger): 8 43591 00333 9

Third Bar Code: S/N: 000227 09407141

Document Number: P44-00023

PS: you need a photos?

Thanks for explanation. I think do correct now.

In my email i see this message "Your RMA # is 6016106" and receive shipping label too. But adress is incorrect caracters for City and State (because i used "~") . How i can correct this?

I forgot to say. In PSU box i must incluinding all components (PSU, force cable, black bag and 4 screws) or only PSU with its protection? In package, i should to send involved CPU Box with plastic bubble is enought?

Sorry by my english again.

• Administrators
Thanks for explanation. I think do correct now.

In my email i see this message "Your RMA # is 6016106" and receive shipping label too. But adress is incorrect caracters for City and State (because i used "~") . How i can correct this?

The address is correct in our system. Just create your own address label, that's all. It's just an example.

I forgot to say. In PSU box i must incluinding all components (PSU, force cable, black bag and 4 screws) or only PSU with its protection? In package, i should to send involved CPU Box with plastic bubble is enought?

Sorry by my english again.

The only parts we really need are the PSU and all of the cables.

English: Hello. I´m from Brazil. My psu Corsair TX850W is dying. How to proceed RMA in this case? It´s into a 5 years warranty. I buy its from Mercado Livre´s sealer in 2010. Thank you very much

PS: sorry for my english

Portuguese: Olá. Sou do Brasil. Minha fonte esta morrendo. Como proceder com o RMA nesse já que ela ainda possui a garantia de 5 anos? Comprei de um vendedor do Mercado Livre. Desde já agradeço

Nice! One more ;)

I have the same PSU and the same problem.

It's the second PSU I get with this problem. (same model)

I purchased one on kabum.com.br (store) and it worked for 1 year and 3 months. Then, die, I sent to RMA, all fine.

I get another HX850 from Corsair because of the RMA and now, this PSU is dying too!

Just for curiosity, this PSU also worked for 1 year and 5 months.

[PT-BR]

Eu tenho a mesma fonte e o mesmo problema.

É a segunda fonte que eu tenho com esse problema. (mesmo modelo)

Eu comprei uma fonte no kabum.com.br (loja) e funcionou por 1 ano e 3 meses. Então, morreu, eu enviei para RMA, tudo ótimo.

Eu recebi outra HX850 da Corsair por causa do RMA e agora, essa fonte está morrendo também!

Só por curiosidade, essa fonte também funcionou por 1 ano e 5 meses.

[/PT-BR]

I tried that, but when I login I get this error:

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

[]'s

I purchased one on kabum.com.br (store) and it worked for 1 year and 3 months. Then, die, I sent to RMA, all fine.

I get another HX850 from Corsair because of the RMA and now, this PSU is dying too!

Just for curiosity, this PSU also worked for 1 year and 3 months.

Can you try the link with a different browser? I'm using firefox and have no trouble getting thorough. But anyway if you can call Corsair on the phone or by using SKYPE (free call from anywhere in the world) with your previous RMA number and they will pick up the shipping charges for you. You may also inquire about an advanced replacement if you need it ASAP.

You could always see if this link works any better . I brought it up on my machine just fine. But just got it from a different location on the site. But they should still be the same

http://corsair.force.com/

Can you try the link with a different browser? I'm using firefox and have no trouble getting thorough. But anyway if you can call Corsair on the phone or by using SKYPE (free call from anywhere in the world) with your previous RMA number and they will pick up the shipping charges for you. You may also inquire about an advanced replacement if you need it ASAP.

You could always see if this link works any better . I brought it up on my machine just fine. But just got it from a different location on the site. But they should still be the same

http://corsair.force.com/

Thanks for the information.

The link it's working today. I'm from Brazil too, I will open a ticket later.

Tomorrow I will replace my HX850 for my old TX550 and I will do more tests, then I create a ticket.

I did that paper clip test, sometimes the PSU starts, sometimes not.

If it fails to start, I need to power it down for a little while, then power on again.

When the PSU had problems for the first time, the computer did not power on anymore.

Only the motherboard leds was on.

If I try to turn on the PC, the UPS seems to cut the power, because of that, I'm afraid to test it on my motherboard in a standard outlet.

Tomorrow I bring more news about the computer with the old TX550. (5 years old and still alive xD)

--- EDIT ---

I replaced my HX850 by my old TX550 and my PC is working fine now.

I did the paperclip test and the PSU sometimes work, sometimes not, but still can't power up my computer.

Anyway, I opened the RMA today, attached a comment to the RMA and probably I will sent the PSU this week.

PS: Do I really need to send the cables? In my last RMA the support told me I don't need to send it.

[]'s

Archived