Corsair Community

Virtuoso suddenly distorted sound

H100istuff

Hi there,

I have bought a new Virtuoso, they had issues because suddenly it had distorted sound, which was really weird. The only thing I could do was to switch to USB mode and then back to wireless. I've sent them back and got a new pair from Amazon because I thought I had a faulty one.

The new one arrived, the issue still persists. The funny thing is, even if I let them on and restart my pc, the issue is still there. So it probably is not any kind of software but a hardware issue.

Does someone had the same issue?

Kind regards

i got the same issue with my Virtuoso RBG SE.

got the headset last week. got amazon to replace it with new pair but the issue is still present.

i got a open ticket and waiting on support to reply.

according to forum, you are not the only one with audio issue with this headset.

i did some testing today.

found other post on people having issues with wireless headset and wifi and Bluetooth device. all my wifi device are running at 5ghz not 2.4ghz since i have turn off the radio.

after doing some google, i found out that the dongle that use the virtuoso se are in the same range as Bluetooth transmitter.

i put in a excel spreadsheet, all the device that use Bluetooth in my house. found out that i have around 23 devices.

i shutdown them one by one until i found the one that cause the interference with the Virtuoso Se headset.

it was a Bluetooth transmitter that i use for the TV.

i hope it will help to found your issue. found my, and im really happy with it !

Thank you, I will test at home to see if doing as you do solves the problem.

On the other hand, since the ICue update last night in 3.26.95, I have the dongle that flashes red for a few seconds and then goes off but the headset works perfectly in wireless. Probably another bug.

Didnt fix it for me. Support replied and told me to completely remove old iCUE and install the newest one. I did that now and I'll wait if the error gets back.

:mad:

Even with the latest version of icue the problem persists.

Can confirm that the issue is still persistent with the newest iCUE. Already contacted support on this matter.

Hi,

mabye I'm too late now but let me describe how it was solved on my headset (or better say what I did).

First - after the iCUE update I got the red blinking receiver issue which was red blinking and then turns off. Headset was in wireless mode and was working... but I noticed exact the scratchy sound as you recorded.

Here are my steps (in exact order but not really sure what solved the issue).

Uninstalled the iCUE software (to be honest, I didn't deleted the headphones in device manager).

PC off / on.

Installed iCUE again.

After few seconds the Virtuoso was recognzied as Virtuoso SE (1) (beofre that it was w/o the (1)).

I tried x times to pair the Virtuso with the receiver, this always failed, the prompt "connect with USB bla bla" doesn't disappear, so I have always to abort and after click again on "Initiate"- got the message "PAIRING SUCCESSFULL!". The receiver was white blinking for a short period of time, then turns red and then off. The headset was working in wireless mode btw.

So I noticed here during the USB receiver was red blinking (or just off) the scratchy sound.

After that I tried to push the mute button for 10 seconds and switch the wireless/USB button from wireless to USB and then back again to wireless.

Same result - after trying to pair, reconnect the receiver, put headset USB cable on and off - I got finally after several hours the "low battery" warning.

I put the headset then on USB powerbank (not PC USB) in wireless mode and went to sleep.

Next morning - you won't believe me, everything goes to normal, white solid state on the receiver. Perfect sound, no distored sound anymore. I believed Corsair put a silent patch over night :)

So, that's my story - what exactly resolved the issue - idk. Maybe it helps someone.

I have just bought a Arctis Pro Wireless and its worth the 50€ more tbh. Better Sound, better comfort, better everything. No issues so far and my second Virtuoso goes back to Amazon. Sorry Corsair, my Void Pro did the job perfectly but the Virtuoso is just ****. Edited by H100istuff
fixewfwef

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that corsair stuff only works normal when iCUE aint running, as soon as iCUE is running, the problems start coming.

I have a virtuoso that will work normal and then suddenly plays a loud whining sound and sometimes goes plays a super distorted sounds, i have to reconnect my headset to get rid of it (i use my virtuoso with USB).

Sometimes when i go afk for a bit and come back my headset has stopped playing sound, it just looks like everything is normal but the sound aint there, so i have to reconnect for that too.

I have searched for a solution but haven't found anything, starting to think im the only one with this issue.

Edited by Awake_
more info

I find that corsair stuff only works normal when iCUE aint running, as soon as iCUE is running, the problems start coming.

I have a virtuoso that will work normal and then suddenly plays a loud whining sound and sometimes goes plays a super distorted sounds, i have to reconnect my headset to get rid of it (i use my virtuoso with USB).

Sometimes when i go afk for a bit and come back my headset has stopped playing sound, it just looks like everything is normal but the sound aint there, so i have to reconnect for that too.

I have searched for a solution but haven't found anything, starting to think im the only one with this issue.

I had that when the headset went into sleep mode it disappeared for some applications so when it woke back up I wouldn't get sound in say Discord for example. I disabled sleep mode in iCue (I quit the application afterwards) altogether and the issue went away. Not sure it sleeps in wired mode, though.

• 2 months later...

I just got it working, perhaps this might be the case for you guys too.

I had moved my dongle in an external USB switch. This is not an usb3.0 switch. My audio was distored. When moving the dongle back into an usb3.0 directly into my pc. It worked again.

Just to be sure this was the issue, I swtiched back the external usb and it was distorted again.