Corsair Community

Is my AX1600i faulty? Fan behaves differently from previous models I had

A.M.

I just got a new AX1600i and this isn't my first Corsair PSU with zero RPM fan feature, I had HX1000i and HX1200i in the past and I've gotten familiar with PSUs' "fan test" button and how Link software works, and configured PSU's fan in the past so I know how a properly working PSU behaves in term of fan test feature and its operation and configuration.

Anyways, back to my new AX1600i...

When I press the button and hold it, the fan spins at 100%. Once I let it go and press again, the fan won't start unless I unplug the PSU and wait a couple of minutes.

On my older HXi PSUs the fan test button worked any time I pressed it and the fans were spinning at 40% or around so (inaudible, but spinning).

Next, the fan configuration in Link is acting weird, whenever I change fan operation option, it randomly doesn't apply, I tried full speed, fixed speed, fan curve, the fan either stays at full speed unless I change to default or it doesn't change mode at all.

With my older HXi PSUs, the fan changed mode immediately after hitting apply or OK.

Is my AX1600i faulty or did the fan behavior logic change in the new model?

Thanks.

Is the AX1600i even supported in LINK? Have you tried ICUE to see if the behaviour you experience under LINK transfers to ICUE.

PS. You'll find (under ICUE) that the "Performance" tab for the AX1600i will initially only contain "Default" (the zero fan mode). Anything else like your "full speed, fixed speed or fan curve" will need to be added.

Is the AX1600i even supported in LINK? Have you tried ICUE to see if the behaviour you experience under LINK transfers to ICUE.

PS. You'll find (under ICUE) that the "Performance" tab for the AX1600i will initially only contain "Default" (the zero fan mode). Anything else like your "full speed, fixed speed or fan curve" will need to be added.

iCue needs some work on it to allow users to set custom fan profiles etc. It does not do anything for my HX1000i.

Yes, it's supported, but I won't be trying iCUE, because issues appear before any software factors in - fan test button only works once.

• Corsair Employee
I just got a new AX1600i and this isn't my first Corsair PSU with zero RPM fan feature, I had HX1000i and HX1200i in the past and I've gotten familiar with PSUs' "fan test" button and how Link software works, and configured PSU's fan in the past so I know how a properly working PSU behaves in term of fan test feature and its operation and configuration.

Anyways, back to my new AX1600i...

When I press the button and hold it, the fan spins at 100%. Once I let it go and press again, the fan won't start unless I unplug the PSU and wait a couple of minutes.

On my older HXi PSUs the fan test button worked any time I pressed it and the fans were spinning at 40% or around so (inaudible, but spinning).

Next, the fan configuration in Link is acting weird, whenever I change fan operation option, it randomly doesn't apply, I tried full speed, fixed speed, fan curve, the fan either stays at full speed unless I change to default or it doesn't change mode at all.

With my older HXi PSUs, the fan changed mode immediately after hitting apply or OK.

Is my AX1600i faulty or did the fan behavior logic change in the new model?

Thanks.

That is perfectly fine as the self test requires a bit of time to reset in order to do it again.