Corsair Community

iCUE forgets DIMM Setup Arrangement on restart

Jacob Klein

I'm having a problem with iCUE, when lighting my 4 sticks of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM on my Gigabyte x570 AORUS ULTRA motherboard.

By default, the middle 2 sticks light up in the wrong order.

So, I:

- Go into iCUE

- Select the RAM

- Go to "DIMM SETUP"

- Make sure "1x4" is selected

- Select DIMM 2

- Click the right-arrow, to get them to start lighting in the correct order.

But when I close iCUE and reopen it, iCUE forgets the DIMM SETUP setting, and it's wrong again!

I've tried:

- Settings > "Enable full software control"> On and off

- Settings > Restart iCUE Service (while iCUE is running)

... but neither help.

Why isn't this "DIMM SETUP" setting being saved to the profile and reloading correctly?

How can I make this work right permanently?

In case it matters, I'm on iCUE v3.26.95.

Thanks,

Jacob

Edited by Jacob Klein

I'm having the same problem also with iCUE 3.26.95. I only noticed it recently as I've always used color shift lighting effect. I tried the same steps and also switching to different DIMM layouts yet the DIMMS always reverted back to 1x4 with the left and right modules in the incorrect order. Restarting iCUE within the app keeps the lighting correct as changed, but closing iCUE and reopening or rebooting the PC always reverts back to the original incorrect DIMM setup.

Was it working correctly for you in a previous iCUE version?

I've been using the color shift effect with various changes to colors since the RAM began showing up in iCUE for me back in 2/2019. I cycled through other effects but never really paid attention to order of moving lights except for my 3 LL fans, which were an easy fix by swapping out their lighting node pro connections.

I've been doing some more checks within iCUE and frequenting the forum since having random iCUE stoppages and critical events appearing in event viewer since updating to 3.26.95; looking for feedback from others who may have similar problems.

One thing I noticed was a red triangle appearing under the RAM picture in iCUE which I'm not sure I've seen since maybe a year or more. It appeared after noticing the RAM positions were swapped incorrectly corresponding to the actual lighting and correcting their locations. Restarting iCUE within the app did not remove the red triangle but a reboot did. Firmware is checked for updates after every iCUE update.

Since "Color Shift" would mask the problem ... it seems your answer is likely "I don't know how long it has been broken".

CORSAIR:

Can you please fix it? This problem makes "Color Wave" (my FAVORITE) work incorrectly every time the app is restarted!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a problem with iCUE, when lighting my 4 sticks of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM on my Gigabyte x570 AORUS ULTRA motherboard.

By default, the middle 2 sticks light up in the wrong order.

So, I:

- Go into iCUE

- Select the RAM

- Go to "DIMM SETUP"

- Make sure "1x4" is selected

- Select DIMM 2

- Click the right-arrow, to get them to start lighting in the correct order.

But when I close iCUE and reopen it, iCUE forgets the DIMM SETUP setting, and it's wrong again!

I've tried:

- Settings > "Enable full software control"> On and off

- Settings > Restart iCUE Service (while iCUE is running)

... but neither help.

Why isn't this "DIMM SETUP" setting being saved to the profile and reloading correctly?

How can I make this work right permanently?

In case it matters, I'm on iCUE v3.26.95.

Thanks,

Jacob

OK, I put in a ticket and was able to fix the issue with the ram sequence setting resetting after reboot.

Here are the steps I was given that fixed it. Hope this helps you.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options. (Apps on Windows 10)

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall. (Corsair iCUE Software)

4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

14. Restart your computer.

15. Reinstalled this older version

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...60_release.msi