Corsair Community

Version 3.23.66 update causing rear sounds to disappear

--MAILMAN-

I updated the Icue Software tonight to version 3.23.66.

After the update the sounds to the rear hemisphere disappear after 10-15 seconds in games.

I discovered this while playing IL-2 1946 after the Icue update.

I then tested this in 6 different/separate installs (none dependent upon the other) of IL-2 1946 from 4.12.2m to 4.14.1m both stock and modded versions. Without exception I lost the rear hemisphere sounds in every version. I have switched back and forth between Dolby Headphone to Stereo Headphone thinking I had to re-select Dolby Surround, but that did not fix the problem. I have cycled through all of the presets. I have rebooted the system and the problem persists.

I have been performing the update when getting a notification that an update is available or by checking for an update withing the iCUE dashboard so I do not have the previous software version saved to my computer. How can I get the previous version of this the Icue software so I can reinstall that version?

I have confirmed that this happens also in Silent Hunter 4 wolves of the pacific. All sounds to the rear disappear until the mouse look moves away from straight ahead.

Thanks

Edited by -)-MAILMAN-
Added Additional Information

Confirmed problem is with the new iCue software.

Completely uninstalled the 3.23.66 software.

Played various installations of the game without the iCue software installed and windows drivers and I never lost sound to the rear when I looked straight ahead or any other direction.

I performed a clean install of the iCue software, flew various installs of IL-2 1946. As I flew straight ahead with three other aircraft in finger four formation I would lose sounds to the rear (surround) after 5-10 seconds. If I turned my head a few degrees left or right the sound came back to the previous volume. As long as I move my head around the sound remained. When I looked directly forward the rear sounds disappeared again. With the version of the iCue software and driver I had installed this problem did not occur. Only when I install v3.23.66 and the driver does this occur.

Where can I get immediate preceding version of iCue software and driver?