Corsair Community

Updated iCue now AIO fan speed behavior changed or broken?

A Computer Guy

After updating iCue to version 3.20 (from version 3.18) I think iCue fan speeds behavior changed or maybe not working correctly.

Previously I could've sworn when applying different speed profiles

- quiet fan profile the ML fans would hover around 400 rpm.

- balanced fan profile the ML fans would be around 1100 rpm.

- extreme fan profile the ML fans would ramp up around 2400 rpm.

What I notice now is balanced mode will not ramp up fan speed at all (stays around 400 rpm) and extreme fan profile ramps up to 1200 rpm from quiet mode. One time extreme fan profile ramped up to 2000 but fell back down to 1500 rpm.

I think there is something wrong with the fan control in iCue 3.20. Is anyone else observing any differences after updating?

Edited by A Computer Guy

You mentioned custom fan curves. I didn't realize you could do that with the AIO fans so for a moment I thought you may have been referring to case fans.

I created a custom fan curve and can verify the fans will ramp up to whatever speed the custom curve is set for so I guess perhaps the default curves may have changed their behavior.

There doesn't seem to be a way to see what the curves look like for the defaults but I can use the custom option instead.

Edited by A Computer Guy

There are three shape tools in the upper right hand corner of the custom curve graph. Those supposedly correspond to the three preset curves. However, I think everyone should make their own curve. It’s all about room/case temp. A 4x480mm set up would still blast on Quiet in 30C room and a 120mm H80i would be quiet in Extreme in a 17C room.