Corsair Community

iCue465x Lighting Node Core Question

Uniques

Hey All,

Hoping to keep this quick, I have just received the case mentioned in the title, and have seen it has a built in Lighting Node Core.

I ordered a "RGB Fan LED Hub" before knowing this information, and was just wondering if they are 2 different things and I need both, or if I will just need the RGB Fan LED Hub.

If I can use the Lighting Node Core, would that then be plugged into the Commander pro, or would it being plugged into the case be enough for the fan speed and LED's.

After looking at the connectors, It looks like the RGB lighting part would be controlled by the Lighting Node Core, and the other end of the adaptor be plugged in to the Commander pro, I know im a pain, but can I please verify that that is correct.

This is my second time building a computer, and the first time using Corsair parts, so sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!

You don't need the fan hub with the lighting node core.

Hey All,

Hoping to keep this quick, I have just received the case mentioned in the title, and have seen it has a built in Lighting Node Core.

I ordered a "RGB Fan LED Hub" before knowing this information, and was just wondering if they are 2 different things and I need both, or if I will just need the RGB Fan LED Hub.

If I can use the Lighting Node Core, would that then be plugged into the Commander pro, or would it being plugged into the case be enough for the fan speed and LED's.

After looking at the connectors, It looks like the RGB lighting part would be controlled by the Lighting Node Core, and the other end of the adaptor be plugged in to the Commander pro, I know im a pain, but can I please verify that that is correct.

This is my second time building a computer, and the first time using Corsair parts, so sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!

(It took me awhile to get my head around the difference between these 2 devices so fear not :-) )

The RGB Hub and the Lighting Node Core do the same thing, they provide the control for the fans' RGB colour.

They connect slightly differently though:

- The RGB Hub connects to one of the 2 LED channels on the Commander Pro via dedicated cable that comes in the box.

- The Lightning Node Core connects to an internal USB header. You can use one of the 2 on the CoPro if you have a spare one, or you can connect directly to a motherboard USB2 header. (or potentially another USB hub if you happen to have one of those)

So, aceman is correct, if you have the Core you don't need the Hub as well, its one or the other (until you have more than 6 fans ....... )

Edited by Salsiccia