Corsair Community

while installing new CUE 2.21.67,new warning error at 59% "could not create shortcut"

sinschneider0

Hello,

For some reason with this new CUE release 2.21.67 ( for one thing it didnt show up as a new update in my already installed CUE), i have to install it manually and at 59% it stops and gives me this error saying "warning [1]. could not create shortcut corsair utility engine.Ink".

At first it wouldnt go past the 59% and abort the installation but after wiping all of my temp files under CUE and restarting my pc its now letting me install it but no matter how i try, i always get that same error at 59% "warning [1]. could not create shortcut corsair utility engine" its up and running but it looks like its now not putting a shortcut file on the desktop like it used to after an update.

I checked all the security options and this account that i am installing on has admin priveleges... something is wrong with this installer. I also cant right click it and run as admin to force the installation that way because this time it is a .msi installer file... would appreciate a fix or someone to help me. This is a first and im totally stumped.

Yes, my install was a little more hair raising than normal as well. It also stayed at 59% for an abnormally long period of time and I was expecting a crash. Normally, I can update in less than 6-10 seconds. It did make it through, but this caught my attention since I don't ever recall having install issues before.

Archived