Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

I have been having the same problem with them on my ps4 got these yesterday and playing fallen order been having the same problem every 5-10 minutes the sound cutting out and then coming back.

Probably, but I don't think they are taking very serious. It's an unfortunate but I ended up returning mine as kept disconnecting and I wasn't going to wait until it passed the returning date to see if they were going to fix or not.

Even the support person that I spoke with said it was better to get it replaced, but I opted for returning.

So I'm looking for a new one, unfortunately from another brand.

I have a question regarding the microphone.

Does anybody have issues when you are talking loud or near screaming (screaming like you're mad or happy in a game) that the microphone sparks/cracks? I noticed this on my new headset since I use sidtone.

I then recorded my self talking/screaming louder and it is really there. I also hear it when I listen to the recording with other headphones (Hyper X Cloud Flight). The other headsets microphone does not behave like this.

I've tried different distances from my mouth, different mic volumes and different USB ports.

Ok, now I'm on my third headset. This means I have returned two before. The same thing happens with these. It's starting to get ridiculous.

Whats going on Corsair?

about this cracking sound issue. i faced it during my first use. i was playing and streaming game. I suspect it was streamlab issue coz that app allows you to change the source(the mic and the output). so i stopped the app, rebooted the pc.

after reboot, i turned on the headset first, start game, start streamlab, select my source accordingly . no more cracking sound.

i believe discord allow u to select the source, so you might want to check that.

i will continue to test this on other games.

I had exactly the same issues as your having, I've sent it back now and happily using my Logitech G935 for 4 days with 0 issues, them headsets are flawed big time.

logitech made the worst mic. i have the G350. i have made a comparison video on virtuso vs logitech

Had the Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE for a little over a week and earlier today the sound was working perfectly. I noticed that the headset needed to be charged so I connected the USB cable and then had to leave for a few hours. When I came home I got on the computer and connected started listening to music and noticed a cracking sound in the headphones. All lights appeared to be correct and nothing was showing bad on the iCUE headphone tab in there. I then connected to TeamSpeak to get some feedback from my buddies but I couldn't hear them over all the cracking sounds when they were talking. They messaged me and said I sounded fine but each time they talked the sounds came in like they were all cracking and scratchy. Tried to listen to Pandora and same result and the same in games. Attempting to reboot and if that doesn't work then I guess I will uninstall and try it again a few times and that does not cure the issue I will return it for a refund and get my money back for it and try some other brands headset.

I have noticed how the EQ settings have no effect when I use my Virtuoso in wireless mode. When I switch to cabled mode, the EQ settings immediately start working and I can switch between them. In wireless mode, when I switch between them, the audio quality is unchanged and seems to stay flat.

Has anyone encountered this? I've tried forcing a FW update, to not avail. I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to work or not, given there's obviously a bandwidth difference between wired and wireless mode.

I have noticed how the EQ settings have no effect when I use my Virtuoso in wireless mode. When I switch to cabled mode, the EQ settings immediately start working and I can switch between them. In wireless mode, when I switch between them, the audio quality is unchanged and seems to stay flat.

Has anyone encountered this? I've tried forcing a FW update, to not avail. I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to work or not, given there's obviously a bandwidth difference between wired and wireless mode.

Okay, so I actually fixed it by uninstalling iCUE completely, and re-installing it.

Just wasn't keen on doing so since I have to set up my fan curve profiles all over again.

I would like to see any easier way to change Audio Preset setting. Maybe a way to change audio presets with key-bind. For instance i have the K95 Plat and could put it on my G Key. If there is something like that, that already exists and i haven't found it yet. Someone show me how please.

Hi all,

Just got this headset (SE) today and one issue :-

When connected to any wall charger in usb mode the headset appears dead , no charging light of any kind is lit . If connected to PC and Cue is running then it charges fine .

Headset and dongle updated to latest available as is cue , using same lead that came with the headset .

Any ideas ( coming from V2100's that were great but after 7 or so years there starting to fall apart )

Ok , edit , after leaving them for half hour or so plugged into pc , I removed them , connected them to wall charger in usb mode and then they started to charge so now there working .

Reading the posts and FAQ's I see this issue was meant to be patched out in new firmware but it appears to still be there , are these headsets stable yet or is this is to be expected ?

Further update .

After using them last night , I plugged them into a mains adaptor this morning to leave them to charge and again nothing from the headset .

I then connected them via USB to the PC and turned on wireless ands they started to charge .

After a few minutes I removed them , put them back into USB mode ( off ) , connected them to the mains charger and again they have started to charge so this seems to be repeatable behaviour .

Can someone advise if they have the same behaviour or if these are faulty and I should return as they are only 1 day old .

Edited by andyvee

Couple of things from me.

Only two days. Wanted to replace G933 because of the power button issue and two RMA already :)

So.

- Sound was too low, but after flashing new firmware it is at good level.

- Bass - almost not existing. Comparing to G933 which has bass at the level when your head will shake :)

- 7.1? I think this is joke. After G933 it is almost nothing.

- Got crackling sound today when played game

- Disconnections for a couple of seconds during the game

- Too small for my ears.

- iCue crashed couple of times

+ Looks perfect!

+ hmm... have no idea what else

I have a lot of Corsair devices. Keyboard, liquid cooler, fans, led strips, case. Never has a single problem with any. iCue worked almost perfect . But after connecting Vistuoso (non Se) and new Ironclaw mouse (which I will return tomorrow since iCue lost connection to mouse and no buttons are working after that), all hell broke loose.

I do not know what to do.

* Tested different USB ports. Same

* Fully reinstalled iCue (lost about 10 profiles :( ) - nothing helped.

I did not expect such awful quality from Corsair! :(

Probably Virtuoso will be returned with Ironclaw at the same time! :(

Received my pair of SEs yesterday. Replacing a set of dodgy switch G933s.

The bad

1. they're a bit small. Or are they supposed to squish your head that firmly?

2. they're too small. Or are your ears supposed to touch the insides of the cups top & bottom?

3. They're heavy. Skip the aluminum and go for magnesium next time. Maybe machine it out a bit.

4. the headband padding is kinda thin and small. For heavy headphones it's an uncomfortable exercise in minimalism.

5. the fake leather just feels incredibly cheap. Plus if it's warm, you'll pool sweat inside the cups. This is gross and can't be good for their longevity. For $360AUD cans, see Sennheiser's crushed velvet for all-day forgot-I-was-wearing-them comfort.

6. the fake 7.1 sounds like resonant steaming garbage. Sure it widens the sound stage, but makes everything sound like you're in a steel bomb shelter with awful tinny flanging and muffled echoes. Absolute fail there.

7. some nasty variable electronic hums in the right cup when hitting high frequencies ~13-13.5khz while in wireless mode.

The good

A. they worked perfectly out of the box. Immediate detection and hookup, iCue firmware updates notified and happened no problems. Battery was even pretty well charged.

B. plain jane stereo mode sounds amazing. My current favorite sound test is the portals scene from Endgame. The orchestral sections, helmets unveiling heroes, weapons being drawn & cocked, it all comes through clearly and cleanly. But only in Stereo mode - fake 7.1 really makes it sound like messy jangling muffled reverberating crap.

C. decent external noise insulation.

Between the weight, the clamping, the sticky soggy plastic padding, these are not cans you can wear all day and forget about. Just a couple of hours is enough headache inducement for me. Frankly, the VOID Pros are better than this. You swung for the rafters Corsair, and missed by miles.

got these but ended up returning them. VERY disappointed in them.

LOVE the build quality, however I also got the hum at lower bass frequencies with distortion.

However the main deal breaker was constant pops and sound artifacts from the wireless. They were practically unusable.

I'd like to know when they resolve these issues because i'd like to give them another try but this was pretty sad.

Will add also some bugs about 7.2

Check here https://www.demolandia.net/cinema/dolby-demo-trailers-hd/page-8.html

First video Dolby Digital Plus 7.1

Pay attention when between Left channel and center channel. Sound jump to right channel.

I have audio file from LGS to test 7.1. So when I run it and voice tells - "This is left surround channel" - in the middle of phrase sound shifted to right channel.

This could be a driver and/or firmware. Hope this is not a hardware which cannot be fixed.

Since I still have my old Logitech G933 (almost perfect 7.1), I can always compare the output.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of them, had them for 2 months.

On my XboxOne controller they work perfectly, no static, very crisp clear sound. On my Android phone, same thing crisp clear, no static no issues.

On the PC though is where the issue is and that is because it's the Driver, the Corsair driver and I had a ticket open with Corsair and they are working on a fix I believe. Until then I will keep using my G933 which is working just fine (hopefully the switch stays functional).

As of 2 days ago; my headset stopped charging. It doesn't matter how I try to charge it, it keeps stating battery critical...

Submitted RMA, I bought the headset the day it was released so it could be I have one of the first batches...

Anyone else having this issue?

Just update me when yall fix the 7.1 issue. I really hope Corsair hits this issue sooner than later because i love this headset and i spent all my excess money on these in hopes that the tech in them and the company who made them were top notch but in its current state, they are only good for listening to music on my phone when my main bluetooth headset is out of battery. Hoping that after the holidays i see you guys crack down <3 much love.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the EQ settings on PC and then switch over to consol? I am not a fan of pure direct because there is visibly no bass, so I like bass boost but when I play on console there is also barely any bass which makes me think that it switches back to pure direct

I have a lot of Corsair devices. Keyboard, liquid cooler, fans, led strips, case. Never has a single problem with any. iCue worked almost perfect . But after connecting Vistuoso (non Se) and new Ironclaw mouse (which I will return tomorrow since iCue lost connection to mouse and no buttons are working after that), all hell broke loose.

I do not know what to do.

* Tested different USB ports. Same

* Fully reinstalled iCue (lost about 10 profiles :( ) - nothing helped.

I did not expect such awful quality from Corsair! :(

Probably Virtuoso will be returned with Ironclaw at the same time! :(

I have this exact same issue, I got the Virtuoso for X-Mas and not only is my mouse resetting after a few minutes but I'm getting crackling noises almost 100% of the time through my headset....

The only way for me to fix this, is to completely close out iCue and restart it. The problem comes back within 15 mins or so.... I lose all my binds on my mouse and crackling noises come around once again. Rinse and repeat until one day I will blow up my corsair headset.

I had the HS70 wireless headset prior with no issues, so my guess is that this Virtuoso headset is causing some issues with my mouse (Ironclaw RGB Wireless) or the corsair software.....

CORSAIR PLEASE HELP!!!

I have this exact same issue, I got the Virtuoso for X-Mas and not only is my mouse resetting after a few minutes but I'm getting crackling noises almost 100% of the time through my headset....

The only way for me to fix this, is to completely close out iCue and restart it. The problem comes back within 15 mins or so.... I lose all my binds on my mouse and crackling noises come around once again. Rinse and repeat until one day I will blow up my corsair headset.

I had the HS70 wireless headset prior with no issues, so my guess is that this Virtuoso headset is causing some issues with my mouse (Ironclaw RGB Wireless) or the corsair software.....

CORSAIR PLEASE HELP!!!

Try this! https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1024527