Corsair Community

K55 RGB FN Combo commands not working

TinyRiiiiick

Just bought a k55 RGB today. Drivers and firmware installed without issue and started mucking around with some lighting affects using the CUE software. To my knowledge this keyboard came with 12 preconfigured lighting modes which are accessible using FN key combos. My problem is that none of the key combos work what so ever. Is this a software problem or is the unit possibly faulty? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I have had a K55 Keyboard for just over a month now and never had any issues with the FN key combinations to change the RGB on the keyboard. I recently downloaded CUE to edit the colour on my Corsair Harpoon RGB mouse and now the FN key refuses to change the colours on the keyboard. This is frustrating as i don't wish to have to open CUE every time i want to change the RGB on the keyboard. If anyone figures out how to fix this issue please let me know.

When CUE is running in the background, the key combinations will be disabled which is to prevent issues with lighting control between CUE and the keyboard.

Even when CUE is not running I am unable to use the FN key commands. It is only when i fully uninstall CUE that i regain the FN commands.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just bought K55 keyboard and this is VERY frustrating. I can't stop using CUE as I have needs to configure my Scimitar Pro mouse every now and then. Any ways to disable K55 support from the registery or something? This keyboard looks so cool with different lightning zones(that you can choose only without the drivers).

EDIT: It is possible to be done with CUE software! You just have to add three different static colors and choose the part of keyboard via clicking the caps on the keyboards picture. I wish FN key would work though but at least I can customize the zone colors now with drivers.

Edited by shaga

• 1 year later...
Check running processes carefully - I thought I had stopped all instances of ICUE yet when I went through the processes one was still there. Once I stopped that, I then disconnected the Keyboard (pulled the USB) for about 5 seconds, reconnected and there ya go, FN working fine.

• 4 months later...
There is really no point in using/or having CUE for your k55rgb. It simpley does not have a storage device to hold any complex rgb lighting effects. After I manually ended CUE, than unpluged and plugged in my k55. Everything was working fine. Cue basically does the same things as your fn and number keys will. So using CUE willl just force you to change rgb effects through the app.

• 2 months later...
I got my key board almost 2 months ago and the FN combos were working fine until I downloaded icue so I could change the colours on my mouse but then the combos stopped working and so i had go and exit out straight from the task manager but when i do that the colours on my mouse change back to default

• 2 weeks later...
So basically this is the only method that has ever work for me to make the FN commands work again, so what you have to do is make sure on Task Manager that all the ICUE software is closed all of them, and now once you closed all of them you disconnect you keyboard from your pc, (USB) and wait five seconds and then plug it back, This should work and you may have your FN commands back.