Corsair Community

Not sure at all...

kylebarnes

So basically, I just bought a new Strafe Mk.2 Keyboard, the MM1000 Qi Wireless charging pad, and the Dark Core Se Qi Wireless. The issue is, I play a lot of GTA 5, and use the forward and back buttons to fly planes/helicopters, but when I go flying, it doesn't work, and when I go to key bindings to update it (since I have literally just come from a Razer Mamba Elite, and it is still registered as Mouse Button 4/5), it doesn't register on there either. For about 30 minutes I have been scrolling through iCue, with no signs of help on the product manual, or the software itself, and I don't know what to do in order to make the button register with the game.

Go to your Windows Settings -> Apps and left click on Corsair iCUE. Select the Modify option and follow the directions for a "repair installation". Usually when you don't have native OS recognized mouse input (left/right click, forward/back buttons), there is a problem with the install.

That still hasn't fixed anything, I have done a repair installation, and when I go back to iCue, and GTA V to try and move the helicopter forward, the helicopter doesn't move. This is what my setup is like. Ignore the DPI Actions, they are gone now.

459767099_2020-04-01(2).thumb.png.c7a65c384bdfe7267d26bcfe8650e98d.png

Go to your Windows Settings -> Apps and left click on Corsair iCUE. Select the Modify option and follow the directions for a "repair installation". Usually when you don't have native OS recognized mouse input (left/right click, forward/back buttons), there is a problem with the install.

Do you have any other ideas?

Don't Mouse 4/5 (forward/back) have their own assigned function in the game? I would bind those directly to actions you want in the game menu versus trying to override it with iCUE.

Do the for/back buttons work outside the game, with normal web page function?

Don't Mouse 4/5 (forward/back) have their own assigned function in the game? I would bind those directly to actions you want in the game menu versus trying to override it with iCUE.

Do the for/back buttons work outside the game, with normal web page function?

Hi, mouse 4 and 5 don't have their own assigned actions in the game, and when i go to assign them to a bind the game doesn't detect it, do you have any more ideas or shall I return the mouse to amazon as faulty?

If this is a hardware issue, then replacing the mouse through Amazon is a quick solution. If there is a software problem, it will likely remain and you back in the same spot.

You didn’t answer if the mouse for/back works outside of GTA. More specifically, compare the functionality with and without the software running. If it won’t advance/go back on web browsing with the software running, but works normally after you force quit CUE in the task manager, it likely is a software issue. If it won’t work In either circumstance, then send it back.

If this is a hardware issue, then replacing the mouse through Amazon is a quick solution. If there is a software problem, it will likely remain and you back in the same spot.

You didn’t answer if the mouse for/back works outside of GTA. More specifically, compare the functionality with and without the software running. If it won’t advance/go back on web browsing with the software running, but works normally after you force quit CUE in the task manager, it likely is a software issue. If it won’t work In either circumstance, then send it back.

They did work out of GTA, I will test now, thank you.

OK. As mentioned in the first post, the overwhelming majority of the time this is remedied by a repair install of iCUE. If that didn't work, there isn't another user friendly option. You can reach out to Corsair Support directly through the Ticket Support System link up top or you can send it back/replace it.

I don't have GTA installed, but set this up in some other games where I set one thing in iCUE and a different action in the game menu. The iCUE command did override the game setting each time. However, since the two native forward/back do not work in game or out, it suggests there is a different problem, Remember the key difference was whether it worked without iCUE running to isolate hardware vs software.