Corsair Community

K95 Platinum is simply the best keyboard

brighttail

Hey all!

So I'm a bit of a keyboard/mouse collector. I'm very picky when it comes to my mouse and keyboards and my basement is full of old keyboards that I tried and either didn't like or found something better. I have always loved Corsair keyboards going back to the original k70/k95. Heck I still have two M95 mice because I loved that mouse so well and wanted to get an extra before they were discontinued.

I have also tried most of the Cherry keys. I prefer Reds although Browns are just as good. I started off with a K70, moved to the K95 (original), moved to the K70 RGB. Sadly the K70 didn't have a USB passthrough which I need so I went briefly to a g.skill keyboard. Then the k70 Lux came out and I was back to Corsair.

All these keyboards were great, comfy and felt solid. My only complaint about them would be their wrist rests which weren't very solidly built and I managed to break several of those plastic attachment pins. I actually purchased three k70 wrist rests cause I move my keyboard around in my office and they kept breaking sooo I wanted extras. The other thing was some of those keyboards the keys would have a little wobble or shake in them. It means they would rattle. It wasn't a deal breaker but it was annoying at times.

Enter he k95 Platinum. This thing is a beast. Its construction feels like I would quite literally use it to pound nails into something. The extra RGB light strip and logo simply give the keyboard that extra look of brilliance. And then there are the keys. I had never used the RAPID switch before and I'm simply in love with them. It took a little while to get used to them but wow, what a difference they make. Finally there is little to no key wiggle.

Overall the feel of this keyboard is the best I have ever encountered. While expensive, to me it was worth every penny. Hopefully this wrist rest will outlast the others. It does seem to be a little better construction with the attach mechanism.

• 1 month later...
^ I can confirm

Which is very bad.

To discontinue the 18 G keys is a bad move on your part.

It does not matter about how much longer the keyboard will be supported. What happens if I spill something on it tomorrow? I am now out of my 18 G keys and you are now out of a paying customer because you decided not to provide a product that your competitors are providing.

The fact is, to play my MMORPG I need the 18 macro keys and use them all. Combined with the Scimitar I have enough buttons.

Sorry corsair but the day my K95 RGB dies is the day I have to move back to Logitech. If you still gave me my RGB K95 you would have a customer from now until the day they stop making MMORPGS.

I'm a UNIX user (using Windows/Cygwin as a starting point because work wants windows :P ). I use the macro keys to control a 3x3 grid of virtual desktops. On top of that, I use GIMP as an image processor editor.

Those 18 macro keys are REALLY damned important to me.

I have regularly bought Corsair products -- keyboard (I have TWO K95RGB -- one for home, one for work), mouse [M65 Pro], pad [MM800 Polaris], memory (many many times), and computer cases. I used to recommend Corsair as pretty much a one-stop shop, to the point where if you'd ever made motherboards, I would have ordered one.

The attitude displayed by Corsair regarding this particular keyboard -- and this is to say nothing of Cue V2 (I have reverted to Cue V1 and have no intention of ever going back to Cue V2 for myriad reasons) -- would be enough for me to completely discontinue my patronage of Corsair and start looking elsewhere for my neat 'n' nifty RGB/Blue Cherry solutions.

But I'm just one person. I'm sure that doesn't make a ripple in your ether.

I'm hoping someone SOMEWHERE will come up with a keyboard product to fill the void you are leaving.

Even -- or especially -- if that "someone" would be Corsair.

I'm a UNIX user (using Windows/Cygwin as a starting point because work wants windows :P ). I use the macro keys to control a 3x3 grid of virtual desktops. On top of that, I use GIMP as an image processor editor.

Those 18 macro keys are REALLY damned important to me.

But I'm just one person. I'm sure that doesn't make a ripple in your ether.

You are not alone. I use Bash on Ubuntu on Windows, and also GIMP, Blender, and audacity, and regularly use virtual desktops, and I agree with you as the G keys were the only reason I bought Corsair in the first place. The blinkenlights are secondary to full key rollover and programabillity, for me.

Archived