Corsair Community

Having a problem

k95rgbjames

So happy holidays everyone

After having used the K95 for a while my family bought me the following

Scimitar RGB

Void Wireless RGB white headset

and the MM800

Everything is picked up in the new Cue software except the MM800. After half a dozen restarts, installing drivers, using 2.0 and 3.0 ports I can honestly say that this thing is not working with Windows 7. I am seriously disappointed.

So after some trouble shooting does anyone have any work around? It wont even light up!

Hum, that odd. TRy checking for driver, chipset, and bios updates.

The pass through works but it wont light up in any of the USB ports. If you just supply power to the mouse pad will it light up? If it doesnt you might have a DOA.

How am I going to supply power to the mouse pad without using a usb port

Also I never update my bios, was told to leave that alone.

I am not sure where to start looking to update this system but this really is getting my pissed. I have spent nearly 4 hours trying to set all of this up......

So after plugging it into half a dozen usb ports, it finally was recognized by MS. I unplugged it from the port and am now stuck again with it not being recognized and not on at all. This is really frustrating. So I went and unplugged and plugged it in another half a dozen times into a usb 2.0 port and its working again. All the while my K95 and my Scimitar has had small things happen. Like my scimitar malfunctioning.

So after plugging it into half a dozen usb ports, it finally was recognized by MS. I unplugged it from the port and am now stuck again with it not being recognized and not on at all. This is really frustrating. So I went and unplugged and plugged it in another half a dozen times into a usb 2.0 port and its working again. All the while my K95 and my Scimitar has had small things happen. Like my scimitar malfunctioning.

the mouse pad controller might be faulty. I would contact Corsair for a RMA or exchange it with the retailer.

Alright I am happy to report that I exchanged it with Bestbuy who had 4 on the floor. After unboxing another MM800 and plugging it in, it saw it immediately in the first USB3.0 port I plugged it into.

Now onto my second issue. When I have the advanced button on it does not do the spiral rainbow default. How do I keep the advanced button on and still do the spiral?

I did notice that if I turned off Advanced my mouse would get the Malfunction error and would be jittering across the screen. A simple fix is just to close Cue 2 and restart it. Also upon plugging the MM800 into a USB2.0 Port it would not be seen by CUE or windows. Not sure if that is my computer or not.

Alright I am happy to report that I exchanged it with Bestbuy who had 4 on the floor. After unboxing another MM800 and plugging it in, it saw it immediately in the first USB3.0 port I plugged it into.

Now onto my second issue. When I have the advanced button on it does not do the spiral rainbow default. How do I keep the advanced button on and still do the spiral?

I did notice that if I turned off Advanced my mouse would get the Malfunction error and would be jittering across the screen. A simple fix is just to close Cue 2 and restart it. Also upon plugging the MM800 into a USB2.0 Port it would not be seen by CUE or windows. Not sure if that is my computer or not.

Advance mode and basic mode lighting effects cant be combined. If your in advance mode you'll lose the rainbow spiral.

The mouse shouldnt do that, but idk how to fix that issue. I would also ask Corsair support about that.

Advance mode and basic mode lighting effects cant be combined. If your in advance mode you'll lose the rainbow spiral.

The mouse shouldnt do that, but idk how to fix that issue. I would also ask Corsair support about that.

Hi, well no issues for the past 6 hours. I do know that I can duplicate two issues.

The first is is with my K95. In cue I set the caps lock key to be green. When pressed I make it change from red to white, then to blue Gradient over and over until the key is pressed again to turn off caps and it turns back to Green.

If I do it, the keyboard goes haywire and in the middle if typing when I press the caps lock key. The software will also mix up the Start on Key Press and Stop on key press Gradient when this all happens.

Such as like ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss

When I remove that the keyboard works perfectly.

Next is the Advanced and regular version. If I have it off of advanced the Mouse will immediately go into a Malfunction state, and the keyboard will also sometimes.

I honestly think that this is a software issue. In Cue 1 I had no problems with my keyboard at all with the Gradient thing I did with the caps lock key.

As far as the void headset....It has not had one problem with it at all.

Archived