Corsair Community

H150i pro vs h115i platinum vs h110i platinum

elric75

Hi

I currently have a h150i pro but I read that those other AIO might have better performances than mine and for the 115i,migjt be quieter on idle. I would like your opinion :)

I just ordered some. Ll120 for the aio since the différence with ml did not seemed that big. If I change the aio I would just have to plug the ml of the aio on another lnp right ?

thanks

Edited by elric75

Hi

I currently have a h150i pro but I read that those other AIO might have better performances than mine and for the 115i,migjt be quieter on idle. I would like your opinion :)

I just ordered some. Ll120 for the aio since the différence with ml did not seemed that big. If I change the aio I would just have to plug the ml of the aio on another lnp right ?

thanks

My best advice is to avoid the CoolIt built AIOs and stick with the more reliable Asetek AIOs. Don't be seduced by all of this RGB nonsense, go for the H115i PRO.

While I cannot comment on the H115i sound levels and performance, I can say that the H150i can definitely be silent (if wanted). You can set the fans to Quiet, Balanced, Extreme and Zero RPM or create a custom profile in iCUE for the fans on the H150i (all the "i" series) that has a curve you design.

Right now my CPU (i9-9900k) is at 41C and the fans are only running at 460 RPM, I have my H150i in Quiet mode. The ducted AC is making more noise than my machine. Even when I switch the mode to Balanced I don't hear any additional noise coming from the case. Obviously there are other variables affecting temp besides the fans, but you get the idea.

I'm not aware of any reason you cannot swap out the fans, just make sure they are four-pin (PWM) and not 3-pin. If you want RGB lighting you need additional control items to manage that.

I have a h150i and have made a can curve but I had issues of noisy ml120 rgb which came from à h100 platinum (2400rpm) even at low speed they were making an annoying noise. I will. Install some ll120 in place of it this week end and see if the temps and noise level are OK even if I know that ll are not the perfect fans for radiator.

I tried the quiet mode but the idle temps were too high to my taste and it made the temps stay higher even when I switched to balanced mode and higher fans speed during gaming. So I was wondering if there was better aio than mine

At idle levels and fan speeds (lets call that 750-800 for 120s and 600-700 for 140s), there isn't going to be any difference. Anything you hear will either be fan or pump and the cooling is all the same. If you are one of those sound nuts (that's me) who obsesses over stuff like the sound of 3x120@1300 vs 2x140@1000, there are funny gradients of thinking in regards to this. However, I would never recommend a H150i owner swap it out for the 280mm unless it was a specific fit for your case where a 360mm too cumbersome. You won't get better cooling. You will need higher fan speeds on the 140s to match the heat dissipation ability of the 360 and its 3 smaller fans. It takes push-pull on a 280mm to even the score (or much faster speeds) and both introduce more noise into the equation.

Do the LL install first. I spend about an hour today doing single 140mm sound tests on a disconnected 280mm radiator. It is not quieter than the 6 x LL120 I had going right next to it. It is a different tone, but that distinction is only for crazy people (me again).

Hi,

I've installed the LL120 on the AIo this morning and LL140on exhaust, running at 600/700RPM idle for 34/32 coolant temps and1600RPM at 34c coolant temps.

My cpu temps were around 58c max during gaming (delided 8086k), the temps seemed actually a bit better than with the ML which is weird no?

Also, there is no more the annoying noise I used to have with the ml :)

Edited by elric75