Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine Installation Freeze

Seeby

Good afternoon Corsair Forums,

I had this problem during the initial set up phase of the software, and I'm also having it now while attempting to upgrade to the CUE 1.2.77.

During the installation of the drivers the CUE installation software freezes, and shortly after, my whole computer freezes. I have no power of input and I am forced to a manual shutdown, only to repeat the process if I attempt to install the software again.

I am in the situation where I do not have the CUE installed, and attempting to install it will just result in the freeze again.

Can I please get some assistance with this?

Yours Sincerely,

Seeby

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey, sorry for the ridiculously late response.

I'm using the Sabertooth Z77 motherboards, and my mouse is the Corsair M65 RGB.

Were you able to solve this issue meanwhile?

I made a thread, I was able to install after I did this http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135487

Hi,

Just thought I would post that I fixed this issue of not installing on my PC. Must be something interfering with the Corsair software, its only this keyboard I had issues with.

Anyway, I saw that it was installing 90% + on the drive, so I installed the keyboard on a second PC (clean OS) , looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair , from there I copied the "Corsair Utility Engine" and replaced that folder with the one my PC HD (PC I was having issues with)

Might help others in the future if they have this issue.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I just bought a K95 and when I install the Corsair Utility Engine it freezes during installation.

So, I downloaded a working installation (Thanks to probob) and now it works fine.

But the macros dont seem to work.

Please help me out with this issue as the macros are really important for me.

Archived