The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 05:39 AM

POST ID # = 1019794
balanga Reputation: 10
Default Missing cable?

I have a Corsair RM650 CPU and am trying to build a system using a Fractal Design Node 304 case and a Commell LV-67M motherboard

My Corsair cable pack does not contain a cable - DC Power Cable (OALATE-MCDLA) such as shown on page 2 of the manual.

Should such a cable have been included with the PSU?

Any suggestions as to which cable I should get for use with this PSU and where to get it?

Old 10-01-2019, 11:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019842
DevBiker Reputation: 88

No, that cable shouldn't be with your PSU. If anything, it should be with the motherboard and it's noted as included with the motherboard. On the Corsair modular PSUs, that is done as separate cables from the PSU, just like every other PSU out there.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 AM

POST ID # = 1020299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
No, that cable shouldn't be with your PSU. If anything, it should be with the motherboard and it's noted as included with the motherboard. On the Corsair modular PSUs, that is done as separate cables from the PSU, just like every other PSU out there.
Not really sure what you are saying. Are you saying I don't need such a cable at all, or that I do need one and need to get it separately?

Old 10-05-2019, 10:32 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020333
DevBiker Reputation: 88

I'm saying that cable isn't a standard cable that comes with a PSU - ANY PSU.
It's something specific to the motherboard.
Where would you get it? Who knows. It's some kind of contraption that the motherboard vendor came up with and what it's for is something of a mystery.
You get all of the connectors on the Frankencable as separate cables on your Corsair PSU - and any other PSU that you'd but as that Frankencable is specific to the motherboard.
Note in the manual that it says that it should be included in the motherboard box. If it's not in the motherboard box, why on earth do you expect it to be in the PSU box?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020610
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

That is a cable that is listed to be included with your motherboard and is not something that we provide as it is specific to your motherboard only.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:09 PM

POST ID # = 1021953

I did come across one cable in the Corsair pack which had eight connectors at either end labelled Type 3 at one end and CPU at the other. Someone showed me that the CPU end could be split into two four connectors and then one of those four could attach to the square socket on the motherboard. However I had no success getting the system to boot. Maybe I connected it wrong...

I'm tempted to get a different motherboard, but want to ensure that it will work withe this PSU. Is there a list of Mini ITX motherboards, preferably a few years old that I can buy knowing they should just work?