The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 03:25 PM

POST ID # = 1007891
Madhaze Reputation: 10

Hello all , reading this post is a little scary and I'm sorry for any one having software issues. I'm in the process of ordering parts and have already started to invest in the Corsair eco system , so far I have the Copro , 2 x Nopro's , 6 LL fans and 4 led strips! I've yet to invest in a AIO! I'm obviously worried that I will have this problem and wondering if I went with a different make AIO if I could avoid it? Will my set up ( Copro/Nopro/ LL fans and strips) have this same issue?? Once again , I'm sorry for those that are having issues , but if you could save me from the same issues before It's too late I'd really appreciate it.

Can I use a different RGB cooler (AIO) separate from the corsair eco system??

(I'm waiting on the ryzen 3000 series and x570 motherboards , so can't give exact spec just yet) I decided to go with the Corsair eco system but quite frankly , this post has me worried.

Last edited by Madhaze; 06-13-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007893
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

You can get a different AIO and still use LL fans on it.

You'll have to control the AIO from the app the other brand provides or your MOBO if the AIO allows it. (some are controlled via USB)

I have 3 LL fans 4 strips and a H115i Pro and I#m quite happy with the experience.

Just don't run HWinfo with "Corsair Asetek" enabled and you'll be fine. As for USB Internal Hubs I have two NZXT running and they work flawlessly.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:18 AM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007938
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhaze View Post
Hello all , reading this post is a little scary and I'm sorry for any one having software issues. I'm in the process of ordering parts and have already started to invest in the Corsair eco system , so far I have the Copro , 2 x Nopro's , 6 LL fans and 4 led strips! I've yet to invest in a AIO! I'm obviously worried that I will have this problem and wondering if I went with a different make AIO if I could avoid it? Will my set up ( Copro/Nopro/ LL fans and strips) have this same issue?? Once again , I'm sorry for those that are having issues , but if you could save me from the same issues before It's too late I'd really appreciate it.

Can I use a different RGB cooler (AIO) separate from the corsair eco system??

(I'm waiting on the ryzen 3000 series and x570 motherboards , so can't give exact spec just yet) I decided to go with the Corsair eco system but quite frankly , this post has me worried.
Corsair make good products so I would totally stick with them, if you purchase a different AIO then you would avoid all the bull**** we've been getting as it's all software based from iCue.

Good thing you caught this post, glad you're able to miss this **** mate.

However, as I have too anyone else looking into purchasing. Keep in mind how crap the customer support is and how much help Corsair have been to us and think if you get any problems with your stuff, how much help they may or may not be.

Good luck with your build.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:28 AM

POST ID # = 1007947
Madhaze Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewMyTeabag View Post
Corsair make good products so I would totally stick with them, if you purchase a different AIO then you would avoid all the bull**** we've been getting as it's all software based from iCue.

Good thing you caught this post, glad you're able to miss this **** mate.

However, as I have too anyone else looking into purchasing. Keep in mind how crap the customer support is and how much help Corsair have been to us and think if you get any problems with your stuff, how much help they may or may not be.

Good luck with your build.
Thanks for the reply/tip , I'll stick with the RGB air cooler that comes with the Ryzen 3000 series for now and keep my eye on this situation . Glad I caught this post as well mate. I'll still have plenty of 'bling with the 4 strips and 6 LL fans to satisfy my midlife crisis I'm sure haha :D
Old 06-19-2019, 12:01 AM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008454

Still going to bump this post. @Corsair, are we going to get an update?
Old 06-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Bahamut___'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008661
Bahamut___ Reputation: 10

Just realized that there's a new Update available (v.3.17.94) for iCUE, checking rn if anything is changed...

EDIT: Still the same as before.

Last edited by Bahamut___; 06-20-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:36 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.

So, what's this about being kept in the loop. Almost three months later and were no closer to a solution than when the thread started. Are we getting any update yet?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:27 PM
kholt90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009323
kholt90 Reputation: 10

I just updated iCue to 1.17.94. I checked the release notes for the update and I don't see anything that tells me they solved this problem. I'm testing it now but I just want to summarize my experience.

The Corsair service crashes consistently while using custom fan curves and only while using custom fan curves. I've update iCue, I've forced firmware updates for all of my devices. I have my RGB set to change according to temperature and not once has the service crashed why playing games or just sitting at the desktop. Within minutes the service crashes after enabling the custom fan curves.

The problem is specifically the interaction between the hardware monitoring service and the custom fan curves.

Corsair's entire new cooling lineup is doomed to fail at this point. We don't buy cooling loops to run our fans at 100%.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:32 AM
CS:GO Addict
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009701
gtstarwars Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebzican View Post
It has been more than a year since I've had this issue and there seems to be no solution to this from Corsair.
It is frustrating to use default fan profiles because they are too aggressive and at the same time also as frustrating having to constantly kill and restart the corsair service every time this happens just to fix it.
Like others on this thread I think the only real solution is to not buy their products. I love their design and everything but the software really lets it down. What is the point of the hardware when it is being hampered by this software?
I have a corsair AIO and ive just created a custom fan curve, its really not that hard, the default ones have other variables and triggers you cant control. I have the white SE aio and those fans can go higher than 2400rpm on "performance mode" so those would be turbines. Just create a custom profile and you will be able to adjust the curve. The default presets and conditions may not be the same for all users based on their system, environment, etc.

http://prntscr.com/o8avnu
Old 06-29-2019, 04:21 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009732

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstarwars View Post
I have a corsair AIO and ive just created a custom fan curve, its really not that hard, the default ones have other variables and triggers you cant control. I have the white SE aio and those fans can go higher than 2400rpm on "performance mode" so those would be turbines. Just create a custom profile and you will be able to adjust the curve. The default presets and conditions may not be the same for all users based on their system, environment, etc.

http://prntscr.com/o8avnu

I'm not sure if you're fully understanding the issue. We're all aware how to create a custom fan curve, however using it for us causes the issue system to crash. This means were forced to use the presets.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009736
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewMyTeabag View Post
I'm not sure if you're fully understanding the issue. We're all aware how to create a custom fan curve, however using it for us causes the issue system to crash. This means were forced to use the presets.
Does Corsair? I think it would be a safe bet to put your money on 'No'.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:15 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010039

I've contacted Corsair support, have been asked to do the same thing as we all have on here by providing logs, etc.

After five days I am yet to receive another reply.

@Coirsar, any updates?
Old 07-05-2019, 07:09 PM
christizzz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010402
christizzz Reputation: 10

Same problem.. And i am prettyy sure the disconnect device "disconnect sound" some users are reporting ( me included) when Icue starts autom,atically or manually after a restart is also related to this issue.

for now i defined all my static lighting to be saved on device ( except my harpoon mouse) and i completely closed icue and disbaled the start with windows button.

I have the following:
*h100i v2 --> static light plus custom ciurve for fans --> saved on device
*2 rgb LED strips with RGB node pro --> static lighting defined on device
*Corsair starfe silent --> static defined on device
*Wireless harpoon mouse --> cant define it on device.

When the "service" hangs the following doesnt work:

*The monitoring --> curves and valuies are not refreshed and remain constant
*Changing the profile for the h100i v2 doesnt work --> lighting and curves does not apply.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 PM
huppra's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010625
huppra Reputation: 10

Likewise, I hadn't had any issues with Icue until this recent update. Now my keyboard and mouse are crashing all the time. Luckily I don't think Ive had any issues with my commander, or 150i.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:47 AM
christizzz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010824
christizzz Reputation: 10

Yep...i just sold my h100i v2 and got a noctua cpu cooler...way more reliable... i dont think the issue is gona be resolved... it has been like this for a year now... the support rarely replies and when they do, they go through standard protocol, Log files, maybe its another software fault ...blabla....