The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 09:00 AM

POST ID # = 1004646
aska Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.
Go go go Corsair Software Team !
For our custom fan curves, cpu lifespan and ears sake !!!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004649
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

I tried 100% usage some days ago and yes, iCUE freezes and start having problems in that case.

If I leave at least 1 core free for it it never freezes.

Hopefully Corsair will fix this at some point.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004832
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

I guess Corsair needs to implement some fancy coding to run everything RGB wise from the controller. iCUE should just inject the code into it.

As it stand right now, you need to ensure you use Process Lasso and set permanent affinities to CPU hungry apps to leave at least 1 physical and 1 logical core free for iCUE to run properly.

If not, you'll see your fancy RGB animations play very inconsistently. iCUE service is also at risk of crashing.

The problem relies on the fact iCUE is constantly driving the animations, not the controller. A modern computer can handle it, does not use too much CPU using tons of layers here but if you starve iCUE from clock cycles it will badly derp.

Most users do not even know what CPU affinity is, therefore some will launch something like Handbrake to transcode their fav new video and see iCUE freezing and crashing.

Corsair has no way to enforce proper affinity measures other than with their own app, so the best solution is to re engineer iCUE to manage everything as Hardware lighting, injecting short bursts of code and leaving the CPU alone.

Unless there's no actual programmable ROM in the controller, in that case, well, it is what it is and maybe in the future a controller with extra ROM could be a possibility. (well, there's the firmware)

Last edited by Sacco Belmonte; 05-17-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:39 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005267
BrewMyTeabag Reputation: 10

Have we any updates on this issue? Still stuck on the default extreme setting. I can't use commander pro as I do not own one and would expect the software to do its job correctly.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:44 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005268
Gronar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewMyTeabag View Post
Have we any updates on this issue? Still stuck on the default extreme setting. I can't use commander pro as I do not own one and would expect the software to do its job correctly.
There's a new update for iCUE available now, no idea what it fixes though. Give it a shot!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:48 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronar View Post
There's a new update for iCUE available now, no idea what it fixes though. Give it a shot!
I tried, but unfortunately no.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:20 PM
kholt90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005638
kholt90 Reputation: 10

This is a problem that has been getting worse and is specific to iCUE and possibly the CommanderPro. I have been using Link and the old CUE software before getting a CommanderPro and the only problem I've ever encountered is CUE occasionally crashing silently.

I encountered the freeze once before after installing a new SSD. I cloned my drive instead of performing a clean install. The hardware monitoring would constantly crash. I know the problem is specific to the monitoring piece of the software since everything runs flat. I was changing colors on my keyboard according to temps and everything just gets stuck with the last reported info.

I had solved the problem by performing a clean install. Restarting the service helps temporarily, but it's impossible to keep up with if the service crashes every few minutes. Repairing the install helps to prevent some crashes but has little to no effect on keeping the service running. A "clean" install does nothing to resolve the problem.

Now I have encounterd the problem again. I am assuming this problem has something to do with the hardware monitoring service building up garbage over time or some background function setting something that essentially kills itself. I have updated to the latest version and repaired the install and hopefully the service stays running. I will keep this post updated.

Edit: Software quietly crashed in the background while writing this review...

Last edited by kholt90; 05-24-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Software crashed as I was writing this review.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 AM
Daykeem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006225
Daykeem Reputation: 10

After a year with the H100i v2 and dealing with this program, I think I'm ready to say I regret going to Corsair route.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 PM
kholt90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006339
kholt90 Reputation: 10

Corsair is releasing an entire custom water cooling solution that is going to be entirely useless unless this problem gets fixed. At this point, it's fair for everyone using iCue to proactively prevent people from purchasing any of Corsair's new cooling products. They've been broken before they were announced.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:35 AM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daykeem View Post
After a year with the H100i v2 and dealing with this program, I think I'm ready to say I regret going to Corsair route.
I'm with you mate, I've got an H80i V2 and yet we've had one comment from Corsair saying it's "top priority" yet nothing is being done.

What's the point in having water cooling when I have to run on extreme anyway. I may as well kept my loud Cooler master fan in it.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Bahamut___'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006521
Bahamut___ Reputation: 10

So, after further investigation, i realized that what causes the software to freeze is one of the three processes needed for normal operation that shut itself down forn unknown reasons

More precisely is Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe that disappears in the task manager, whenever the graphs go flat. In my case doesn't happen only when the cpu is under stress but even at idle.
What i do to bring it back to working is opening the Task Manager > Details, go to "CorsairService.exe" > right click > end process tree and it restarts automatically.

Last edited by Bahamut___; 06-01-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:25 PM
BrewMyTeabag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut___ View Post
So, after further investigation, i realized that what causes the software to freeze is one of the three processes needed for normal operation that shut itself down forn unknown reasons

More precisely is Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe that disappears in the task manager, whenever the graphs go flat. In my case doesn't happen only when the cpu is under stress but even at idle.
What i do to bring it back to working is opening the Task Manager > Details, go to "CorsairService.exe" > right click > end process tree and it restarts automatically.
I appreciate the advice mate, however, this has all been known and worked out before on the previous pages of this thread with numerous workarounds using that exe with applications such as project lasso and things like that to prevent the crashing. However, it will crash at some point within the cycle may it be at the desktop or playing games.

As many users on here, we're not willing to risk the crash, and when the software believes that the CPU is only at 30c when I'm actually gaming and the temps are sky high.

I have had it on numerous occasions where I have set the fan curve on to finish gaming and restart the service and the fans end up ramping to 100% because the temp went from the frozen 28c to 42c (H80i v2 temp).

Corsairs lack of input and care towards its customers is becoming a joke and again like many people here, I will definitely be replacing their products as soon as I rebuild the computer and will be warding off any other people that are thinking about buying Corsair. We've had one response in a year since this thread was created and it apparently was listed at "top priority" yet we've had two patches for iCue and still no changes.

I am wholehearted disappointed.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 PM

POST ID # = 1007326
Keebzican Reputation: 10

It has been more than a year since I've had this issue and there seems to be no solution to this from Corsair.
It is frustrating to use default fan profiles because they are too aggressive and at the same time also as frustrating having to constantly kill and restart the corsair service every time this happens just to fix it.
Like others on this thread I think the only real solution is to not buy their products. I love their design and everything but the software really lets it down. What is the point of the hardware when it is being hampered by this software?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:50 PM
RicOrOCZo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007450
RicOrOCZo Reputation: 10

Same issues for me. Probable will just give up and move to other brand. Having lags and stuttering while gaming due to corsair service....
Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Laelys's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007879
Laelys Reputation: 10

same problem
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe

Signature du problème
Nom d’événement du problème*: CLR20r3
Signature du problème 01: Corsair.Service.exe
Signature du problème 02: 3.16.0.4
Signature du problème 03: 5ccace25
Signature du problème 04: System.Management
Signature du problème 05: 4.8.3752.0
Signature du problème 06: 5c7a241f
Signature du problème 07: 8a
Signature du problème 08: 51
Signature du problème 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
Version du système: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n°*1: 2beb
Information supplémentaire n°*2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Information supplémentaire n°*3: 8b29
Information supplémentaire n°*4: 8b297a3d0d8118186ed04b7aebd72a1b

Informations complémentaires sur le problème
ID de compartiment*: 3821397e51b6ef9332475d8fac383868 (1317124287680231528)