The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2019, 03:07 PM
WarpathDC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015419
WarpathDC Reputation: 10

This issue is really pissing me off. This is a GREAT tip to delete the corsair virtual device under HID in Device Manager, but it keeps reappearing no matter what I do, it reappears upon restart but even putting my computer just to sleep it will reinstall upon waking, it also appears again without any apparent action on my end ie no HID changes like turning on a controller etc. I have disabled iCUE from the startup menu, I have go into icue and unclicked "start with windows" but it keeps installing itself back and I cannot figure out how to keep it permanently deleted. Deleting it lets me keep my lighting presets and I can still adjust the mouse DPI and the 'sniper' feature on the k65 still works and CorsairLink4 continues to cool my cpu. I have 5 f'ing corsair products and this is royaling screwing up my ability to play the many games I have on steam that just don't cut it using kb/m. If anyone has had any luck keeping it from reinstalling itself please let me know. When I can use my controller I am just using an xbox one elite controller with the wireless adapter since that model doesn't have bluetooth. Thank you in advance for any help!!

I have a CORSAIR STRAFE RGB KB, Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse, MM800 Polaris RGB Mouse Pad, ST100 RGB Headphone Stand, and a H110i Cpu Cooler.

Last edited by WarpathDC; 08-22-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Adding detail about Virtual Service reinstalling

Old 09-23-2019, 06:09 PM

POST ID # = 1019088
cryaning Reputation: 10

I have a potential solution (at least, for wired controllers and keyboards and without using CUE software). I just discovered this solution, however, so it's only preliminary. I will keep this post updated.

So I just got a wired K63 keyboard, and noticed that my DS4 controller stopped working. I didn't install any of the CUE software or anything like that, because I primarily wanted my keyboard just for the feel of the keyboard switches (and everything worked fine out of the box).

I went to devices and printers from the Windows control panel, and saw that a "Wireless Controller" was listed, although it had a yellow (!) icon indicating something was wrong with it.

I right-clicked the "Wireless Controller" and went into the properties, and then into the "Hardware" tab. One of the drivers was disabled. I re-enabled it and my DS4 (wired) began working again.

In order to re-enable your disabled gamepad drivers (the statuses are listed in the Device Function Summary):
1. Right-click the driver and click on "Change Settings" on the bottom-left corner of the first window that opens.
2. Go to the "Driver Tab."
3. Click the option that says "Enable Device."

Now, even though I didn't disable or uninstall any of the corsair drivers, my controller works.

EDIT: Even after turning my computer and starting it back up, my gamepad still works.
EDIT2: Seems the driver can still occasionally become disabled after restarting my computer, but it's still very easy for me to just re-enable the driver.

Last edited by cryaning; 10-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:07 PM

POST ID # = 1020106
GS1981 Reputation: 10

Is there any proper fix for this because i'm sick of it, i'm tempted to sell all of my Corsair items and buy Logitech instead.