The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Joe_989's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906778
Joe_989 Reputation: 10

You know, Corsair Link is the only thing preventing me to buy any new corsair product. At least fix the HDD spin up problem and save the power of the pc.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:00 PM
RGB Biker
Wulfster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906788
Wulfster Reputation: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_989 View Post
You know, Corsair Link is the only thing preventing me to buy any new corsair product. At least fix the HDD spin up problem and save the power of the pc.
This ^^

I'd love to kit out my pc with HD fans and try the new AIO cooler when it's released but the software is worse than any horror film I've ever seen.

Best

Wulf

Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM
cozzicon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907989
cozzicon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I suspect the H100i firmware has crashed. Power down the system, unplug it from the mains for 2 minutes and then post new [Link Devices] + [Link Status] panels.
The problem he is describing is exactly the problem I'm having with my h100i.

I'll try the total power down trick when I get home from work and see if the unit shows up in CLink.

Hopefully this is not related to Windows 10 Creators update which I am sadly running.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:13 PM
cozzicon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908018

ok... here's what I know....

The full power down did not work.

The corsair h100i shows up as "I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning."

The error is also happening on a second machine with an older version of Corsair Link running the same version of Windows.

This looks like a Windows Creators issue. Can an engineer confirm this? I'd hate to roll back- which may be impossible at this point.

Microsoft is pushing this update out to people with nagware- so there's going to be more of us.

Please resolve the issue as soon as possible... one of these machines needs watercooling and the low fan speed is not cooling sufficiently.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908023
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea Post some debug information

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzicon View Post
ok... here's what I know....
I might be able to help you if you posted the screen shots I specified and used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 PM
cozzicon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908033

Quote:
I might be able to help you if you posted the screen shots I specified and used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra
Where did you specify any information you needed? I just posted my findings so you know there is a problem.

What screen shots do you need?

Old 06-14-2017, 10:39 PM

POST ID # = 908039
IMI4tth3w Reputation: 10

my ek ddc pwm pump (which only uses 2 pins, sense and control, of the 4 pin pwm fan connector) is being detected by CLCP as a 3 pin fan and therefor not being controlled properly by pwm. I'm not sure if its because the 12v and ground pins are unconnected but i'm having to use a 4 pin fan splitter with an sp120 so it detects the port as a 4 pin fan and i get a pwm signal output to the pump

Here is a link to the pump i am using
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-14...lite-incl-pump

Old 06-15-2017, 03:50 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908058
Astral85 Reputation: 11

Sorry to barge back in, I haven't been following all of the thread. Was just wondering what the general consensus was on version 4.7.0.77 right now? I myself reverted to version 4.6.0.86 because of the programs need for admin privileges to run at startup, is this something that might/could be looked at?

Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908062
Arrow They are the ones in my quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzicon View Post
Where did you specify any information you needed? I just posted my findings so you know there is a problem.

What screen shots do you need?
They are the ones in my quote in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907989, better still:

Quote:
  1. The SIV initial + [USB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:07 AM
doudar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908237
doudar Reputation: 10

Can i stop Corsair Link from monitoring the temperature of my HDDS ?

Old 06-16-2017, 04:25 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908240
Idea Make them members of RAID arrays

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudar View Post
Can i stop Corsair Link from monitoring the temperature of my HDDS ?
With CL 4.7.0.77 and earlier if you make them members of RAID arrays they will not be reported or monitored.

You should ask Corsair to allow the CPUIDSDK_CONFIG_USE_STORAGE CPUID SDK initialisation parameter to be controlled by a user option. Were they do this then a future CL4 release could do as you wish.

I suspect it would be trivial to implement this and I estimate it would take at most an hour to implement this.

Having pondered this it would be possible to write a Windows Kernel mode filter driver which rejected SMART operations from CL4, but I suspect this is not something you could do. I know this is possible as I developed such a driver in 2008.

Last edited by red-ray; 06-16-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: write a Windows Kernel mode filter driver

Old 06-17-2017, 01:22 PM

POST ID # = 908401
goaty Reputation: 10

hey i can`t install 4.7.077 i am missing clink4setup.msi

Old 06-18-2017, 12:49 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908496
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default Just use SIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfster View Post
This ^^

I'd love to kit out my pc with HD fans and try the new AIO cooler when it's released but the software is worse than any horror film I've ever seen.

Best

Wulf
Why don't you just switch to SIV to control your Corsair Link devices? It's much more powerful than Link and uses much much less CPU resource. SIV also now includes support for RGB fans and LEDs and does things that Link does not. There is a bit of a learning curve with SIV but once you become familiar with it you will never go back to Link. You will be glad you did.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:17 AM
RGB Biker
Wulfster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908524
Wulfster Reputation: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Why don't you just switch to SIV to control your Corsair Link devices? It's much more powerful than Link and uses much much less CPU resource. SIV also now includes support for RGB fans and LEDs and does things that Link does not. There is a bit of a learning curve with SIV but once you become familiar with it you will never go back to Link. You will be glad you did.

Totally agree with all you've said. After looking through this section I grabbed a copy of SIV to replace CAM a fair few weeks ago. Great software with more information at your disposal than you can shake a stick at.

My intention is to replace my HUE+ and led strips with 8 HD fans (7x140 and 1x120 drive bay conversion). Going to let the fans do the illumination rather than led strips (apparently these things are visible from space lol).

So I think I'll be using 2xCLCP's to power all the fans instead of using PWM splitters so all fans speeds are reported.

Futures so bright, I gotta wear shades

Best

Wulf

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:51 PM
tyl3r99's PC Specs

POST ID # = 909011
tyl3r99 Reputation: 10

ATTENTION people

if anyone is experiancing issues with detecting devices...

uninstall cl4 (restart)
uninstall asus aura (restart)
re install latest version CL4 (restart)
fixed.

make sure bios setting for cpu control and monitor is set to disabled otherwise you will get the fameous issue of the 0rpm on the pump fan monitor.

Quote:
asus aura is the cause of the problem https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html

Closed Thread