The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 07:22 PM
User783's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871882
User783 Reputation: 10

Is it possible to add "0 %" fan speed to custom mode? I need 40% speed (720 rpm) on load and 0 % when idle. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:00 PM
MKMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872023
MKMike Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrin View Post
New to the forum.

I installed the update and I'm not sure what's happening. Fan speeds are all over the place, not responding to changes in profiles. The fan are spin way faster than they ever have, very noisey. No overheating or anything. Also, the Corsair logo on the pump went from white to red.
I have found the same problem with the fans. They are going all over the place with speed and generally noisier than they were on the previous version.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:30 PM
MrBeer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872082
MrBeer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKMike View Post
I have found the same problem with the fans. They are going all over the place with speed and generally noisier than they were on the previous version.

mind is doing the same thing went back to older version this new version is broken

Old 09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
DelBoyJamie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872218
DelBoyJamie Reputation: 16

Will not upgrade, and yes ran it with Admin Priv
https://gyazo.com/15942f52aa14e6c8d6f759f83bbf6415
I also tried by closing down Link before trying to upgrade...

Why give us a "Upgrade" when the process of upgrading does not work. As it seems only way it to fully uninstall previous build before using this... which I find a utter lack of experience and professionalism....and again The massive lack of disrespect from Devs and staff here to red-ray member. For god sake have the guy fix the problems I'm sure if you gave him access and permission to the tools used and code he could resolve all these issue that have been around since creation and seem to be lied about being fixed when in fact have not. And further more if it wasn't for him 90% of users here wouldn't know whats really been fixed, looked at or even bothered to resolve.

I seems to be a huge lack in knowledge in the way this tool is being created. I think the dev's must be 80 year old guys, locked up in a room somewhere since the program was first created and not allowed to have any contact with the outside world and only code and create in very old ways and don't know any better as they are unable to research and use current better ways this can only be the excuse and reason for all this

This sections is a complete joke, I'm disgusted in the lack of response and action from its dev's here when it comes to its members

If staff and dev's don't start replying to its members especially people who do some much research and help so much like Red-Ray (god knows how is has thr patience to still do what he does with lack of respect from dev's never responding or replying to him) I think its about time people see what corsair here are truly about and start junking there products buy a Kraken NZXT or something... Just look at CAM 3.0 all the features and what it does in much less time than Link has been out.. and it makes this Link look pathetic. CAM 3.0 is the way to go and they take everything there users take on board and develop the was the users want..

Last edited by DelBoyJamie; 09-20-2016 at 04:51 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:23 AM

POST ID # = 872313
vure Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croxy View Post
Hi folks... I tried running the upgrade several times and received the following error...
"Error 1923 (0x783: Service 'Corsair Link 4' (CLink4Service) could not be installed..."

I had to uninstall the previous version before installing the update in order to get this to work.

Previous version was v4.2.4.25

Let me know if I can help with any other info.

Cheers
Croxy

Just ran into this issue myself, turns out it requires escalated execution. So instead of running directly from the zip file, extract it to your desktop, right click, run as administrator.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872493
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sigh.. Corsair seem to be clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by vure View Post
Just ran into this issue myself, turns out it requires escalated execution. So instead of running directly from the zip file, extract it to your desktop, right click, run as administrator.
I have just checked the CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID in Corsair LINK Installer v4.3.0.154.exe and it specifies "asInvoker" when it should specify "requireAdministrator" , see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396.

Given the description is WiX Toolset Bootstrapper I suspect this is also incorrect.

I just checked CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742_signed.exe which correctly specifies "requireAdministrator", so at least one Corsair developer got it right in the past.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png Should be requireAdministrator.png (81.9 KB, 1508 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 09-22-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742_signed.exe

Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 PM
SoullessDreamer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872567
SoullessDreamer Reputation: 10

I have an issue with my H80i, after installing 4.3.0.154 my LED on the CPU blinks white every 15-20 sec. I have it on performance profile for the 2 fans using CL. None of my other fans(case/GPUs/CPU/etc) are set through CL. I have no other programs that modify any fans. I am running CUE(mouse) and CGHCP(my headset). I didn't have the issue with 4.2.3.41, when I updated to 4.3.0.154 the issue occured. I just installed a fresh copy of windows and it is up to date(drivers and windows). Link seems to almost constantly use 1-2% of my CPU, I don't know if this is part of the issue. Also something I noticed, the performance profile uses a lower RPM for the fans than before. I don't know if this is part of the issue as well. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Edit:
So I uninstalled back to 4.2.3.41 and no flashing. CL still uses 1-2% CPU constantly. However the performance profile sets the RPM to what I am used to. With 4.3.0.154 the performance profile sets the RPM lower.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:37 AM
TalonShadescale's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872593
TalonShadescale Reputation: 10

I installed version 4.3.0.154 a couple of days ago and now whenever I shut my desktop down my H100i GTX Pump is no longer detected. To test this I have uninstalled and reinstalled which caused the pump to show up again. Restarting does not cause it to disappear. Only shutting down.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 AM
TalonShadescale's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872594
TalonShadescale Reputation: 10

Also, unplugging the pump's USB Connector from the internal header and plugging it back in will also cause the pump to show back up in Link.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:14 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872600
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question A bug in the H100iGTX device driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShadescale View Post
Also, unplugging the pump's USB Connector from the internal header and plugging it back in will also cause the pump to show back up in Link.
When it's not working what does Windows Device Manager report as the properties error code?

If you use Device Manager to disable/enable the device does this also get it working again? If so then I suspect this caused by a bug in the H100iGTX/H115i device driver.

In SIV I implemented a work-a-round for this this bug, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=872598

Old 09-23-2016, 10:45 AM

POST ID # = 872689
AAOO Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudar View Post
does this version prevent your HDD from spinning down during idle times like the previous one?

is yes is there a way around it or i have to stick to v4.2.2.27 ?
This version still keeps the hard drives alive and spinning.

I can audibly hear my 4TB WD Black clicking every 2 to 4 seconds which can't bee good for the drive.

My solution is to not use CL, it's a POS! I open it after coming out of sleep to get my settings to stick then exit from system tray. Have to do this every day.

What's wrong with the software team at this company?

From reading the forum this has been going on for a while now as well as other various bugs that go unresolved for months/years.

Put red-ray in charge and let's get this fixed!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Mark_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872702
Mark_K Reputation: 14

Technobeard
Bearded Corsair Employee

You ask us to give specific format details to post the issues we are having.

We all do that but Corsair continues to ignore and not respond to issues identified by the user community.
Do you think that you have no obligation to respond to questions? These people are patiently trying to help your organization.

Show them the respect they deserve by responding to their questions.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Croxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872869
Croxy Reputation: 10

Hi folks. In the latest release my system is now showing an additional fan (MB Fan#2). Is there a way to identify which fan is which? Not essential, though would be good to know :)

Old 09-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Croxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872887
Croxy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croxy View Post
Hi folks. In the latest release my system is now showing an additional fan (MB Fan#2). Is there a way to identify which fan is which? Not essential, though would be good to know :)
So, just upgraded my mobo bios (Asus X99-A bios ver 3402) and now the second fan is MIA :)

Ah that sweet sound of stability... ;)

Old 09-25-2016, 05:46 AM
Lou0717's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872911
Lou0717 Reputation: 10

[IMG][/IMG]
mine does same

Closed Thread