The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833643
JohnOrion Reputation: 13
Default I ran into this issue also

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike97a View Post
I have the same problem. My AX1500i is also not detected. It is connected by usb directly.

Also the fans/rpm of my 3 980tis are no longer showing.
I had this problem with my AX760i also... I tried to uninstall v3 and it failed somewhere during it but was able to uninstall it eventually. I installed v4 and it showed nothing so I rebooted and everything was showing. I rebooted again and lost evertyhing again and couldn't get it back. I then noticed that there were two other things installed by the original install dealing with USB dongles and H100 or something... I uninstalled both of them, rebooted and reinstalled 4 and was able to get it to see my PSU again.

As for the fans .. cant help you there .. my MSI fan and MB fans show on the "home" screen but not in the "configure" screen. The only fan that shows in the configure screen is for the AX760i.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 PM
axiun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833644
axiun Reputation: 27

So, is there no way to update the firmware in CL4?

I figured I'd dig out my commander mini out of my closet and give corsair another shot at this. In order to have it functioning I need to update the firmware on the mini and and h100i. In order to update the firmware I need to install CL3.2.5. Now I'm stuck in a reboot loop with the CL detecting a "new" device. And when I fix the reboot loop, updating the firmware crashes with an exception error.

Is someone drinking heavily while coding this software?

Last edited by axiun; 01-27-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:40 PM
axiun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833647

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I suspect not and doing as I say in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 will address the reboot loop. I recommend 3.2.5742. I suspect USB connecting the H100i may help.
Aye, I'm familiar with your work. I sincerely appreciate what you've been doing all this time.

That's the way I fixed the boot loop, but now I'm stuck with an unhandled exception crash when trying to update the firmware. Back in the closet it all goes. Better luck next time I guess!

Last edited by axiun; 01-27-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833651
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Which firmware do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiun View Post
That's the way I fixed the boot loop, but now I'm stuck with an underhanded exception crash when trying to update the firmware. Back in the close it all goes. Better luck next time I guess!
Thank you. I try, but Corsair could be rather more helpful. I can't even find the detailed CL4 release notes and wonder if they even exist. Which firmware do you have? I have as below and this is as good as it gets! CL4 does not even seem to have the firmware images. I had to USB connect my H100i rather than C-Link connect it via the CL Mini to update the firmware.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Update].png (97.0 KB, 8708 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-27-2016 at 09:57 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:08 PM
axiun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833664

Yeah, connecting through USB instead of through the Mini allowed me to update the firmware on the H100i.

It just keeps getting better. CL4 detects only 5 out of the 6 corsair pwm fans connected to it and it doesn't allow me to control them in any way.

CL4 detects the H100i connected to the Mini, but it doesn't see any of the fans connected to the H100i.

I'll just continue using AIsutie to control my fans through the swiftech pwm hubs. Much less problematic.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833665

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiun View Post
CL4 detects the H100i connected to the Mini, but it doesn't see any of the fans connected to the H100i.

I'll just continue using AIsutie to control my fans through the swiftech pwm hubs. Much less problematic.
Do any programs? My H100i is via a CLCC and in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833499 you will see all four fans are reported by CL4.

If you choose to run AI Suite that is the ONLY monitoring software you should run as it does not use the Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method and Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method mutexes to interlock access to the hardware sensors. There are many posts about CL and AI Suite issues. As CL is not my software I won't comment on it, but if you run AI Suite and SIV at the same time you are on-your-own as doing this is much the same as playing Russian Roulette.

Last edited by red-ray; 01-27-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM
axiun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833669

Fair enough. I tend to use AIsuite on it's own to control the fans.

This is what I get with CL4 and the latest firmware.

6 Fans connected to the Mini, 4 Fans connected to the H100i. All corsair pwm. AX1500i is detected, but no settings read beyond that. Everyhing is connected through the Mini.

I wonder if I should just RMA the Mini. I ordered one of the first units when they became available. Maybe it's a dud, as it never did work right.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:19 AM
lukacsmw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833683
lukacsmw Reputation: 10

To all of the Corsair employees that worked on CL4: Great Job! I love the new interface, much cleaner, much easier to work with and cooler to look at. I know ya'll get beat up a lot in these forums, so I just wanted to say thank you for the effort.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:47 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833695
Arrow Should be Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (Driver Removal)

Quote:
hydros7289.inf should be updated to support the Corsair Link™ USB Dongles so only one driver is needed. Both siusbxp.inf and hydros7289.inf specify the same SIUSBXP service, so having both is silly.
Some users have contacted me asking what the Windows Driver Package - Corsair Components, Inc. (SIUSBXP) USB (10/30/2015 3.6) is and I feel this is a silly name. Given the AXi PSU driver is called Corsair Link(TM) USB Dongle (Driver Removal) then a this should be called Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (Driver Removal) as was the case in CL3.

Please change this.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png Programs and Features.png (73.0 KB, 12511 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-29-2016 at 04:23 AM.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 AM
TheHorsetoWater's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833698
TheHorsetoWater Reputation: 10
Default Incomplete Configuration Overview

Are there any Corsair people looking at these posts?

I have just installed v.4.2.0.162 and was suprised to see a brand new GUI but quickly dissappointed to see there being no tiles for fan speeds in the configuration tab.

My PWM fans are detected in the system tray quick overview type display as are the GPU fan speeds and the H100i Fan speed but are not visible in the configuration panel. I am not running any other fan management software and the link obviously detects the PWM fans and the others but why no display in the configuration tab?

I appreciate the nicer looking tiles and everything but it sucks that I cannot see the complete cooling system as a nice overview.

Why no obvious changelog? this is a hugely different peice of software and I downloaded in good faith that it was just an update, not a whole different beast.

Will ticket support but would be nice to see some official presence on these forums...

EDIT: At least Corsair allow download of previous versions. I have rolled back to v3.2.5742 until they digitally sign their downloads correctly, release a changelog and fix the configuration issues for non-CPU cooling solutions.

Last edited by TheHorsetoWater; 01-28-2016 at 05:32 AM. Reason: update

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:07 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833699
Haha! CL4 only reports 6 cores rather than 10 for an Intel Xeon E5-2660 v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhague View Post
Code:
HWMonitor_32:  Xeon #1 shows 10 Cores and 20 CPU's.
               Xeon #2 shows  6 Cores and 12 CPU's.
               Total = 16 Cores and 32 CPU's

HWMonitor_64:  Xeon #1 shows 10 Cores and 20 CPU's.
               Xeon #2 shows 10 Cores and 20 CPU's.
               Total = 20 Cores and 40 CPU's.
  1. CL4 only reports 6 cores rather than 10 cores for an Intel Xeon E5-2660 v3. The reason for the missing 4 cores is that CL4 is only a 32-bit program when it should be 64-bit. To work-a-round this reboot with 2 CPU Groups of 20 CPUs using the command bcdedit /set {current} groupsize 20. The release notes should be updated to specify this restriction and give the work-a-round.
  2. Reporting Temp #... is silly as is AMD Radeon (...9 390 Series and the ordering of 1 10 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.
  3. The names should be reported as Intel Xeon E5-2660 v3 or even Intel Xeon E5-2660 v3 (Haswell-E)
  4. The 2 x VCPU should be reported rather than VBAT and I feel VCPU should be in the per processor package rather than system area.
  5. The coolers should be H80iGT 1 and H80iGT 2
Quote:
The per X7460 % CPU used totals are incorrect by at lest an order of magnitude. From Task Manager it's obvious that it can't be 30% let alone 68%. I also noted that the % only changes for the first Xeon. Note the system has 3 CPU Groups with 8 CPUs in each Group.
The Xeon X7460 core temperatures are correct for the first 8 cores and the remaining 16 are all reported as 36.0°C which is clearly incorrect.
Note that if you enable CPU Groups the per package % CPU loads and core temperatures may be incorrect as they are on my system.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png SIV [System] panel.png (26.6 KB, 8646 views)
File Type: png CL4 Home Screen.png (477.8 KB, 811 views)
File Type: png CL4 Home Screen Half.png (261.6 KB, 8498 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-30-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:30 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833751
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Just installed Link V4 and spent an hour or so replicating the profiles I created in the previous version. If I had to describe Link V4 in a single word, it would be "unfinished".

The new interface is quite good and it detected all but one of my devices (an all all-time record!) but there's a disappointing number of absent features and backward steps:

- No option to change the appearance or hide devices in the profile tab: if Link's spotty hardware detection can't be fixed, at least give us the option to get rid of the clutter by manually hiding unwanted devices

- No option to enter specific values in the Fan curve interface: this one makes it difficult to believe Corsair did any real testing before release. The drag-and-drop interface is a nice inclusion but using it to set curves with anything less than 10 degrees between each point is beyond frustrating. It's inaccurate when selecting values (e.g. forces odd numbers like 812 RPM) and the grid can't be resized so intervals of less than five degrees on a curve are separated by mere pixels. This wouldn't even be an issue if Corsair kept the option to type in values manually.

- No included installation instructions, guide, tutorial or tooltips to help beginners with the basic features or explain advanced features to experienced users.

All up, for a total overhaul, Link V4 has a fresh coat of paint but otherwise doesn't seem very far removed from prior iterations.

Last edited by ApexAU; 01-30-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:26 PM
DeHann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833756
DeHann Reputation: 10

My opinion:
1. A more recent version should be able to uninstall (cleanup) any currently installed version of Corsair Link (and its associated drivers) without manual intervention.
2. Add a maximize button for the Corsair Link window (fullscreen).
3. Unable to locate a firmware update check for my various Corsair devices. Although this may be performed automatically, a manual check should be implemented.

All in all, the new interface seems to be moving in a better direction; but, seems like it is unfinished (beta) and requires more development.

NOTE: Also request changelog / release notes be provided for each version.

Last edited by DeHann; 01-28-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional comments added

Old 01-28-2016, 03:56 PM
vmondude's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833780
vmondude Reputation: 13

Hi! I'm new around here.
I can't even install version 4 as I can't get rid of the old version (which didn't work properly) I've uninstalled everything, removed all traces from the system/reg and still it finds an old version and goes no further.

Any help very much appreciated!

Old 01-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833784
Braxos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Some users have contacted me asking what the Windows Driver Package - Corsair Components, Inc. (SIUSBXP) USB (10/30/2015 3.6) is and I feel this is a silly name. Given the AXi PSU driver is called Corsair Link(TM) USB Dongle (Driver Removal) then a this should be called Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (Driver Removal) as was the case in CL3.

Please change this.
Red I did install v4 and v3 4 or 5 times with removing everything or partial, leaving 1 or both drivers from v3 installed. Each time I get the hydro series drivers version 3.5 and the dongle will never get installed from v4 and if I leave it from v3 then still no ax1500i.
I use a usb 3 to usb 2 and then 2 single 5 pin cables so that ax1500i and h100i gtx fit on a single usb. It worked without issues on v3 but on v4 no way to see the psu so i Ordered a nzxt usb 2 hub and if that fails I have to find my corsair mini, removed it after upgraded my system and have thermal sensors and fan controlling via motherboard.

Closed Thread