The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 AM
RainbowDash's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758837
RainbowDash Reputation: 10
Excited

Thank you for the post here, this makes me very happy to get any new version of CL even if it still has bugs to work out.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:46 PM
SirVigh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759148
SirVigh Reputation: 10

Much Appreciated Update!

I hope:
- Corsair memory readings will work
- Corsair PSU readings will work
- Lightning node will remember its settings without having to start Link software

Still....appreciate the update and the hard work so far!

Old 02-10-2015, 07:08 AM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759290
ukunox Reputation: 11

Finaly after a year...cant understand why sli wont be supported, it worked before.
Let's hope they learned something in the past year and that we get a bugfree version.
The regedit should be made while install not to do it manually. You cant await from endusers to edit the regedit! I could do it but as i need to ask...are you going to add a row in the manual packed by the h100i that customers need to edit the regedit? I quess no. So dont do it. Just keep it simple an make it work. Noone really wants to ask google why Corsair stuff dont work when pluged in...If you have a problem related to OS's you should bring out different versions. Thank You for the understanding.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759328
red-ray Reputation: 81
Wink regedits should be done on CL startup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukunox View Post
The regedit should be made while install not to do it manually. You cant await from endusers to edit the regedit!
It's not possible to reliably do the regedit at install time as the C-Link USB device could be plugged in after installation (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\7&309908C&4&0000\Device Parameters does not exist 'till it is) and for some PSUs it has to be as the C-Link installation installs a special driver. What you are asking for is sensible, but C-Link would need to do this every time it starts. Also after doing this it will need to restart the USB device.

All of this is quite easy and my SIV utility does it when started with the -CRLCTL command qualifier. From memory it took less than an hour to implement.

The ideal solution would be to have a CoDeviceInstaller for the USB Class which would be installed when CL is installed and could instantly do the regedit when the C-Link USB device is plugged in, but this is rather more work. With this solution C-Link would not need to run with admin rights.

Last edited by red-ray; 02-10-2015 at 11:07 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Razorback's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759341
Razorback Reputation: 10

Thank you Corsair, I really want this to work again.

I ripped my Link controllers out of my system just before Christmas in a fit of rage after the umpteenth software fail.

I'm waiting with baited breath to watch the forums upon V3 release... if the usual thread of frustration isn't present.... hey I might be willing to give it another go and even look at buying more C-Link gear in the future.

If not? Oh well, my expensive commander and fan controllers will gather more dust in my drawer and I won't touch anything stamped Corsair Link :(

Old 02-10-2015, 12:08 PM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759344
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

It's nice to know a new version is coming, but tbh we've been waiting for a year for a proper update, so please release this asap please.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 759690
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh_790 View Post
Thanks for the update. Is that a full changelog? What about the blinking of the LED's when fans are set to custom curve? That and H100i detection are really the only huge problems I have with the software.
No, it is not a full change log. Just what we believe were the major issue's people are having and our main focus. The blinking of LED's you are referring to, which product is that on? Is it only on custom curve? If this is the Commander Mini, then yes we have been looking into this, if other please let me know. Are the fans you are using PWM, 3 pin, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzilla View Post
Would it be possible to get a checkbox added in the future which allows non-PSU fans to run at 0rpm without flashing red? Believe this is mostly an issue for people with Strix and Twin Frozr video coolers which stop the fan under low/no load.
I will put this on the list for GPU fans and see what we can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Ann View Post
But for God's sake - let us decide wether we want to put our PWMs lower than 40%.
This restriction is absolutely ridiculous!
This restriction is to keep lower speed fans from stalling out. 1k rpm stock fans at lower than 40% generally stall and is considered a safety feature. We do see the requests to turn off fans as an enhancement and will look at what kind of warnings we have to put in place for people to enable this if the hardware can support it.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:34 PM

POST ID # = 759691
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Please tell us that you're going to post a list of items that have been tested and were fixed on the test systems, along with a list of outstanding issues you intend to fix.

This alone would help to alleviate lots of frustration. Nothing more frustrating than being told here at the forum to try multiple versions of Corsair Link, and then permutations of regedit's, and BIOS settings, and then standing on one foot rubbing your tummy while patting your head, only to find out it is a known software issue!

Please, document what is known... Stop the Madness!!!

Old 02-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 759692
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
Please, document what is known... Stop the Madness!!!
These will be a known issue section below the release notes. We had a limited version of this with 2.7.5361 but with a lot more testing going on that list will be longer.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:38 PM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759694
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
These will be a known issue section below the release notes. We had a limited version of this with 2.7.5361 but with a lot more testing going on that list will be longer.
Cool Guy, do you know if the system tray menu bug will be fixed in the next update? If not, can you confirm it's a known issue that will be patched in a future release? I'm not sure if it's ever been acknowledged by Corsair. If it hasn't, can you please bring it to the attention of the software developers?

Thanks

Old 02-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759720
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Known Issues Sticky Thread

Quote:
Thank you, this is a good start, but please can we have a known issues sticky thread that contains this list and get's updated if any post release issues are confirmed. This should be closed so it does net get filled up with comments and should have two entries for each release. One for known issues on release and the other for post release issues.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:50 PM
nh_790's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759836
nh_790 Reputation: 23

Quote:
No, it is not a full change log. Just what we believe were the major issue's people are having and our main focus. The blinking of LED's you are referring to, which product is that on? Is it only on custom curve? If this is the Commander Mini, then yes we have been looking into this, if other please let me know. Are the fans you are using PWM, 3 pin, or both?

Thanks for the reply. The issue is on the commander mini using 3x AF120 Quiet and 1x AF140 Quiet fans. All are 3pin I believe. yes only on custom curve, when set to fixed there is no issue.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:11 AM
swarfega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760371
swarfega Reputation: 13

It's been a month since initial post.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:12 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 760373
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
It's been a month since initial post.
You might want to re-check your math there. It's been just over 10 days since the initial post, not over a month. He also updated it just over 3 days ago.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:36 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760380
ApexAU Reputation: 13

A couple of things:

1. Can you please respond to my question about the bugged system tray menus? I'm not asking for confirmation of a fix, I just want to make sure the developers are aware of the issue.
2. I think most people expected a delay. A short delay isn't a big deal at this point but can you please provide an actual date for the release as opposed to the vague description in the first post?

Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread