The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 07:54 AM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766971
badtag1 Reputation: 11
Angry Corsair Link Software

After a number of re-installs, like many other have done, with Link Software.
I decided to try so other software, for temps.
and after using HWmonitor, HWINFO64, ASRockExtreme, AMD Overdrive, Core temp and one or two more.

Its seems, that the Link Software down right sucks, when it comes to giving the Correct temps, sorry to say. I love Corsair products, But i think you need to go back to school on this stuff. your software will shows temp reaching 150C for the Northbridge. REALLY. when in fact my north bridge on my ASRock 990FX Extreme6 mother board dont get over 45C. using the other software listed above.

Ya something is a BIG MISS, with it.

So here is a ideal, when it comes to monitoring the temps for the system. i think you should, just monitor what the Closed loop coolers are doing from Corsair only and not giving the temps of the system. Or get with the makers of HWINFO64, or a mother board company to get the correct tech right for monitoring the motherboard sensors. instead of getting the mother boards in and working from the board stand point. Cause you all got it wrong, when it comes to the mother board sensors and what temps they are.

not saying the products are bad, its the programming that sucks. and that is being honest. from a END user stand point of view ..
see i was thinking that my boad was going bad, after using corsair link software. when in fact it was my GPU`s that are bad. so the software is reporting wrong temps, and really wrong temps at that. i dont think a firmware update or a new corsair link would help. now a REPROGRAM, of the software and a new version of it might be something to look into ..oh and a more adjustable RPM pump motor. giving options to the end user for speed of the pump .. i have the H100i unit and the pump is running at less then 2k rpm, and no way to adjust the speed. also pack it with the control unit. seems finding a seller with the control units (Corsair Commander Mini) , is well lets just say easier said then done. and getting temps from the power supply`s. not a easy task, when you have to purchase the dongle, buy its self. i am using the RM1000 watt power. and im not sure if the fan even kicks on, like it should the unit does not get to hot, just warm. even under full load, as for the fan, dont know if it even runs at all .. no way to check to see if it is even working ..

Old 03-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766977
red-ray Reputation: 81

HWiNFO should report the +12 current if you have a Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter all the time, but it will only report the FAN one it starts spinning. My SIV utility will report both all the time.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:14 AM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766979

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
HWiNFO should report the +12 current if you have a Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter all the time, but it will only report the FAN one it starts spinning. My SIV utility will report both all the time.
it does but the thing is you have to purchase that part . it dont come with the units .. and thats what sucks
you spend 150.00 and more on power supplies. and then you have to purchase C-link .

Old 03-18-2015, 08:23 AM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766982

"My SIV utility will report both all the time".
thanks that seem to be a really nice one infact. thank you for tossing that viewer to me. gotta read more up on it ..

Old 03-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767015
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Honestly, the Corsair Link connectivity on the RM series is...really, really odd to say the least. We're not fans of it internally, it's a relic of a bygone product manager.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:34 PM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767064

if the fan even turns on, no one will ever know. being how there is not way to tell once the system is running. Be nice to see something like a LED with color leds, on units like this. Red for full on, Pink or ?? for med, and ?? ( color for low, and nothing for not even running. then when it is linked with the software those leds are not used .. these units that are set to run when they are needed to. Cause mine never turns on, i clean my PC about once every week or two, depends on the usage. and i never, NEVER see any dust on the filter . and i game alot run video editing and photo editing software pretty much on a daily usage ..

Old 03-18-2015, 02:36 PM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767065

i know its not about the power supply's, but kinda goes hand in hand with the link software usage ..

Old 03-18-2015, 04:29 PM
badtag1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767101

now i have another problem with Corsair Software link software. but it might be a problem with my board too.
so here goes it ..

Corsair link is showing a CPU AUX fan at 2276, oh wait its flashing red. and the only thing i have pluged into that is the RPM dong for the H100i. so that leads me to believe that it is not reporting right .. seems that every so often, i have to un-install the software and re-install it, in order get the temp to work . they get stuck on very high temps that are over 100f, i dont get it, so gonna pull out my mother board toss in another one, and see what happens. who knows my board might be on the down fall. funny thing is its a BRAND NEW MOTHER BOARD /./.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:50 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767235
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Dude, this is NOT a problem with your motherboard. Link frequently reports incorrect temperatures and fan speeds, particularly for hardware that isn't directly connected to a Link device. On my PC, link reports 120c for my SSDs, 65c for my motherboard and 0RPM for several fans. These readings are stuck in place and never change. Link's temperature and fan readings aren't reliable and are the last thing you should be looking at when diagnosing a problem.

Check your temperatures with a reliable program like HWInfo or AIDA64. If they give a different reading to Link, you can be absolutely certain the problem is Link and forgot about changing your hardware.

Last edited by ApexAU; 03-19-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 AM
ricksizer426's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767465
ricksizer426 Reputation: 10

I have heard so much praise of corsair in the past, all lies!!!! I am now in the process of ordering a different liquid set up and am tossing all corsair products , I cant afford (monitarrily or mental) having something that doesnt perform as advertised. Very sad state of affairs when a "reputable" company cant get their own products to work properly, makes you wonder if they are only putting this crap out to support the company bottom line. I will say that the cooler works very well at cooling my extreme chip, but I have no control over how fast the fans turn. will be expensive to replace all my cooling and memory but I refuse to use something that is proven to be inferior by the companies own lack of knowledge . so sadly I say bye bye corsair

Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 AM
mittelk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767473
mittelk Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksizer426 View Post
I have heard so much praise of corsair in the past, all lies!!!! I am now in the process of ordering a different liquid set up and am tossing all corsair products , I cant afford (monitarrily or mental) having something that doesnt perform as advertised. Very sad state of affairs when a "reputable" company cant get their own products to work properly, makes you wonder if they are only putting this crap out to support the company bottom line. I will say that the cooler works very well at cooling my extreme chip, but I have no control over how fast the fans turn. will be expensive to replace all my cooling and memory but I refuse to use something that is proven to be inferior by the companies own lack of knowledge . so sadly I say bye bye corsair
It does make a person wonder doesn't it? For as long as the H80i and H100i have been out and the time that Windows 8.1 has been available they still cannot seem to get this software right. I read reviews of the "wonderful Corsair Link software" and wonder what version they are using because to read this forum it can't be the same. Yes the hardware is good but when a company promotes the accompanying software as the same great thing you would think they would put a big push to make it so.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 AM
kbhushan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767488
kbhushan Reputation: 10

Guys use the latest version of corsair link but just do not upgrade the firmware to 1.7 because it is buggy. Version 1.5 works just fine.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Megajunn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767734
Megajunn Reputation: 10

Just pointing to my solution right here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...282#post763282

Old 03-21-2015, 02:10 PM
PC Gamer
skylerwjacobs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767739
skylerwjacobs Reputation: 10
Default Issues with Corsair Link

I myself have had a few issues with Corsair Link, all simple problems. H100i and AX860i would not show up in Corsair Link after a fresh install of the OS (AX860i is plugged into the side of the H100i pump in order to be able to monitor both devices, only had 1 available USB). This was simply fixed by unplugging the USB from the side of the pump, and plugging it back in. Corsair Link then prompted me that new devices were ready to be installed. Problem solved.

My first motherboard (MSI Z87-GD65) would not register actual temps (was getting screwy readings up past 100C like others are experiencing within Corsair link). That motherboard is long gone now (had to RMA 3 of these boards before i finally said forget this MSI junk, *RMA was not because of Corsair Link issue not reading temps correctly). I have since then gotten a new motherboard (ASUS Maximus VII Formula), and all of the temp sensors report accurately.

Have not had any issues since then, running the latest CL 3.1.5525, and running version 1.0.7 for H100i.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM

POST ID # = 769576
Nadar Reputation: 12

I've already given up Corsair Link a couple of years ago, but sadly here I am again. It seems to me that the problems are the same as it was back then:
  • Software only available for Windows
  • Whoever is making the software obviously doesn't know much about Windows, fundamental things like window drawing is flawed.
  • It is so full of bugs it's not really usable.
  • It hogs lots of resources while doing very little
  • It doesn't do what you ask it, things suddenly change or simply doesn't work.
  • Endless promises that things will improve in the next version, yet the next version is probably worse.
  • Versioning scheme is, atleast to me, completely meaningless and does in no way indicate major versions, minor versions or bugfix releases.
  • The software tries to do many things but doesn't even master the basics.
  • Firmware updates are unorganized and noone really seems to know what versions work or not. We, the customers, can't control what firmware to use, we have to rely on Corsair Link to decide for us.

I've said this when I tried to get Corsair Link to work last time, but I can repeat what I think needs to be done for Corsair Link to have a chance:
  • Sack the current software development team.
  • Release (and update) the firmware API so that open source software can be made that can communicate with Corsair Link capable devices. This will make the state of the Corsair Link software much less damaging to customers, and it will be possible to use it with other OS'es.
  • Focus: Decide what the software should do, and skip all the "bling". Once the basics are in working order, one can think about "extras".
  • Skip the "fancy" graphical interface, it's not really that nice, and it creates a lot of problems both with resource usage, GUI standards and bugs.
  • Skip trying to read all kind of hardware out there on the marked with what must be a very limited software developmen team. Limit it to Corsairs sensors and fans/pumps/LEDs, and let us control them in a dependable and predictable way.
  • Separate GUI from the rest, and make a Windows service that will run even when the GUI crashes or isn't started. A nice touch would be to let the GUI connect via TCP, and be able to connect to/monitor several services/computers.
  • Get the basics working ASAP!

1 members found this post helpful.