The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757615
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question The month is now out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
All I can tell you is that development is ongoing, and a new version that should address a lot of these problems is due before the month is out.
The month is now out. What is the URL to download new CL release please?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:44 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757618
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
The month is now out. What is the URL to download new CL release please?
Agree cmon Corsair Dustin. Wheres the new version of corsair linK?

Old 02-02-2015, 12:08 PM

POST ID # = 757646
caymandive Reputation: 10

Anxiously waiting for the new version too!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:20 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757648
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Its better to have to wait a few extra days so any issues can be fully tested,rather than release it prematurely because users keep pushing..
just my 2c from what Ive seen in the past...

Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757682
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I'm actually in the Corsair Link bugtracking meeting this morning, so I should be able to give you an update soon.

It's easy for you to get ticked at me for this and I don't necessarily blame you, but remember that I have minimal control over what's going on with CL. You guys are frustrated and I don't blame you at all, but imagine how I feel fielding these problems literally daily. I'm doing everything I can to keep shaking the Corsair Link tree and get these problems resolved.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757686

Quote:
I'm actually in the Corsair Link bugtracking meeting this morning, so I should be able to give you an update soon.

It's easy for you to get ticked at me for this and I don't necessarily blame you, but remember that I have minimal control over what's going on with CL. You guys are frustrated and I don't blame you at all, but imagine how I feel fielding these problems literally daily. I'm doing everything I can to keep shaking the Corsair Link tree and get these problems resolved.
I realise you are the guy-in-the-middle. I feel it's long overdue for the CL Manager to post and keep us all informed of the progress. Please mention this at the meeting.

Last edited by red-ray; 02-02-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:42 PM

POST ID # = 757709
AlphaBravo Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandive View Post
Anxiously waiting for the new version too!
I am also looking forward to the new release.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:19 PM

POST ID # = 757928
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Its just my observation is all
another observation is you have the tendency to name calling
perhaps you should refresh yourself with the Forum rules.
It's only an infraction, if it isn't true. Therefore red-ray has nothing to worry about!

I've got to say, I totally expected Corsair not to deliver a new version of link before the end of the month. I've come to expect one thing from Corsair regarding software, that I'll be underwhelmed at the best, and more likely encounter tons of frustration.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757932
Wired Reputation: 32

Guys, cut it out with the shilling stuff and the attacking any and all posts either one of you makes, I'm tired of it. Just set each other to ignore. Next one that fails to act their age and goes after another member is getting a week's vacation from the forum.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Last edited by Wired; 02-03-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Blackout STi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757992
Blackout STi Reputation: 11

So, about that update... Um, when is it "rumored" to be released now? Because I think my machine might blow up if I have any more instances of "H100i LED" in my Corsair Link menu. I will do unspeakable things to get a fix for this...

Old 02-04-2015, 03:37 AM

POST ID # = 758008
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:

Dustin,

I and the others get that you are in the middle. The issue is that Corsair has been fixing Corsair Link for several years now. I think everyone in this forum has been much more patient, than could ever be expected. If this weren't a hobby for the people here, they would have chucked the product, and got their money back from Corsair, and simply made for a walking bad advertisement for anyone willing to listen.

The users still here would like to see Corsair succeed. But, this is being handled horribly from a customer relations standpoint. Nothing official is being told to users of the forum, from anyone who appears to have the authority to control anything.

Sorry Dustin, but you are simply the pawn they've sent into the battlefield to be sacrificed.

It's time to get someone with some authority to step up, and take some ownership. So far, I haven't even heard anyone admit that Corsair's software doesn't work, and that they plan to fix it! We only seem to get the: "there are some issues with certain configurations" type of argument. Well that argument is true, in a way... if the configuration involves Corsair Link, and Windows 8.1, there are problems. It's time for someone to step up, say they're sorry, and tell us when this will be fixed.

I don't think this is unreasonable. But, I would have thought Corsair might have figured they need to actually inform their users 18 months ago. I think it is time for the "Mushroom Treatment" to end. No more keeping us in the dark, and feeding us ******.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758032
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
Dustin,

I and the others get that you are in the middle. The issue is that Corsair has been fixing Corsair Link for several years now. I think everyone in this forum has been much more patient, than could ever be expected. If this weren't a hobby for the people here, they would have chucked the product, and got their money back from Corsair, and simply made for a walking bad advertisement for anyone willing to listen.

The users still here would like to see Corsair succeed. But, this is being handled horribly from a customer relations standpoint. Nothing official is being told to users of the forum, from anyone who appears to have the authority to control anything.

Sorry Dustin, but you are simply the pawn they've sent into the battlefield to be sacrificed.

It's time to get someone with some authority to step up, and take some ownership. So far, I haven't even heard anyone admit that Corsair's software doesn't work, and that they plan to fix it! We only seem to get the: "there are some issues with certain configurations" type of argument. Well that argument is true, in a way... if the configuration involves Corsair Link, and Windows 8.1, there are problems. It's time for someone to step up, say they're sorry, and tell us when this will be fixed.

I don't think this is unreasonable. But, I would have thought Corsair might have figured they need to actually inform their users 18 months ago. I think it is time for the "Mushroom Treatment" to end. No more keeping us in the dark, and feeding us ******.
OMG YES!! Not a more true statement as been said. Well said

^^^^^
This is exactly how everyone feels.

Last edited by RetrogamerX; 02-04-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758044
Thumbs up Well said

I feel the Corsair CEO needs to read and then post on this forum.

Last edited by red-ray; 02-04-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:22 AM
mittelk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758086
mittelk Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
Dustin,

Agreed, Dustin, what came out of the "bug tracking meeting" the other day?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:52 AM

POST ID # = 759804
oscillik Reputation: 13

I think Peter Molyneux and 22Cans might be involved in the development somewhere...

1 members found this post helpful.