The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2014, 08:21 AM

POST ID # = 747408
bntlol Reputation: 10
Default H2100 keeps loosing connection

Hi.

My h2100 has been working OK for a couple of weeks now, it has dropped connection like 1-5 times a day, which was annoying, but still managable.

Since yesterday, the headset has lost connection atleast 50 times, ive restarted my PC, changed USB-port on the dongle, restarted the headset, drained the headset and recharged it, and also tried it on another computer. It'll work flawless sometimes for 10-15 minutes, and then struggle to stay connected for 10-15 minutes, this goes in waves, more or less.

I havent added or removed ANY wireless devices, or other electronical devices, everything in my apartment is exactly the same as when it worked fine, but now it's just toying with me. I'm really disappointed, im leaving to go to USA for 3 weeks tomorrow, and i dont have time to turn it in to the store before i leave. Any tips, workarounds, or things i can try to fix this? It's reaaally annoying :(

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2014, 05:29 PM

POST ID # = 747531
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

When it disconnects, does the L.E.D. on the dongle start flashing or does it stay solid?
Have you tried temporarily turning off wireless devices?

Old 03-01-2015, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 763566
Brett26 Reputation: 10

Hello, I am experiencing the same thing to the exact detail. I noticed no one posted a reply, so was just wondering if bntlol found a fix for this issue? I've tried searching other sites but this is the only post that has 100% the same problem I am having.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 764166
Corsair Chris Reputation: 10

It's possible that the dongle is defective, if that's the case you can submit at support ticket at corsair.force.com and we'll ship you a replacement dongle.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:50 PM
CGradel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768305
CGradel Reputation: 10

Are you running Windows 8? I have noticed a very similar problem with my V2000 since I upgraded to Windows 8. It worked flawlessly under Windows 7.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Kingston 1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007793
Kingston 1 Reputation: 10

i know im rectifying a old thread.
started having this issue over the last few weeks. today cutting off and on every few seconds. totally spoiled any listening experience.
after coming on here and seeing this i tried a few things like removal of driver reboot and removed all disconnected usb data. none fixed the problem. i was just about to order a new one, when i thought i would try something. it worked!
so for any who fear they need a new dongle for a headset.
first turn off headset.
next plug suspected faulty dongle in a usb slot and put a pin in the little hole just under the led. i pressed for 5 secs.
then press headset power and hold for 10 secs light will start to flash continually after a few secs press headset power again led will now go off.
this should fix the issue. worked for me, i have not had a drop out for the last 2hrs they have been on.

Last edited by Kingston 1; 06-12-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Tags
connection, dongle, h2100, problem, wireless