Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Nitrotoxin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723852
Nitrotoxin Reputation: 20
Big Grin Corsair Link

1. Version: 2.7.5339
2. Windows 8.1 Pro-64 bit
3. Motherboard: EVGA X79 Dark
4. Nothing wrong it works PERFECTLY!!!! Yeah I can't believe it either... but everything is working flawlessly!!! Thank you Corsair!!!!

I was loosing hope...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 AM

POST ID # = 723879
lantis Reputation: 10

3. Motherboard: Gigabyte z87x-ud5h
4. Works perfectly fine as far as i can tell.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 AM
WizzyThing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723887
WizzyThing Reputation: 10

I don't mean to be a butt or anything but, why do you write bug reports just to state that everything is working?

That's kinda pointless and just confusing.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 AM

POST ID # = 723889
lantis Reputation: 10

only to annoy you

Don't you feel that reports of specific hardware setups that work correctly are just as helpful as those that don't?

What if someone comes on tomorrow and says that their z87x-ud5h h80i setup doesn't work? Corsair now has reports of it working on someone elses system. Maybe they will contact me for application data to help this guy?
Maybe they will offer me a movie contract and i will be the next Bruce Willis.
I will give movies an action edge and i will not hire you to be my co-star.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
MojoVersion8's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723903
MojoVersion8 Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoVersion8 View Post
might be consided risky but you could try deleting the device store in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Corsair > CorsairLINK > Devices) when you uninstall the software (so it's completely cleaned out) then resinstall it
this worked for me when that happened
well this issue happened to me again, where I open the window only to see 0 for everything on my H100i so I could try my fix again, it looks like you don't even need to do this when reinstalling, I just exit the software, do the regedit delete and then start it up again and it's fixed

Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 PM

POST ID # = 723918
Daveangel Reputation: 10
Default fan/pump

just installed 2.7.5339. I cant change fan to pump anymore???

it also wants to upgrade me cooling nodes from 1.2.11 which I suspect means downgrade??

Old 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech_Greek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723932
Tech_Greek Reputation: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveangel View Post

it also wants to upgrade me cooling nodes from 1.2.11 which I suspect means downgrade??
Do you want your fans to run at 100% all the time? If it's grouped with the pump it'll run at a ratio to the pump, which should be running at max rpm all the time.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Bagpuss's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723938
Bagpuss Reputation: 10

3. Motherboard: Asus Z97 Deluxe

Several problems with this release:

- H100i fans not detected.
- AX860i still not detected, even though v2.5_5145 does show it. Definitely a software issue, which I've reported several times to technical support.
- Main CorsairLink window no longer opens when you start application or when you select "Show CorsairLink" from system tray.

This release is a definite backward step. I just don't understand how fixing these issues can be so hard. Has me wishing I'd never bought the AX860i or the H100i.

Please, please get this fixed!
For now, I'm going back to letting the motherboard control the fans. At least that works, and can be configured from the BIOS.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Nitrotoxin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723940
Nitrotoxin Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
3. Motherboard: Asus Z97 Deluxe

Several problems with this release:

- H100i fans not detected.
- AX860i still not detected, even though v2.5_5145 does show it. Definitely a software issue, which I've reported several times to technical support.
- Main CorsairLink window no longer opens when you start application or when you select "Show CorsairLink" from system tray.

This release is a definite backward step. I just don't understand how fixing these issues can be so hard. Has me wishing I'd never bought the AX860i or the H100i.

Please, please get this fixed!
For now, I'm going back to letting the motherboard control the fans. At least that works, and can be configured from the BIOS.
Did you remove the corsair folder from %appdata% ? Did you remove corsair entries from the registry?

Old 08-21-2014, 06:08 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723948
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveangel View Post
explain exactly what you mean so were on the same page

these hydros are designed to have the temp of the water controlled by using the water trigger h100i temp.
when you begin a load on the computer the cpu obviously builds heat and the water passes over it and lends a cooling effect.you can use the h100i temp to spin up the fans at what ever temp of the water you want
i usually raise my fans @30% once the water temp raises @ 3 degrees above idle
not knowing the amount of heat you'll produce,its best to try different temp/fan points and you'll get your max cooling ability of your system.there's not much point maxing your fans at first load as your water will still be cool till it begins to saturate which is what needs to be regulated...

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM

POST ID # = 723962
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzyThing View Post
I don't mean to be a butt or anything but, why do you write bug reports just to state that everything is working?

That's kinda pointless and just confusing.
Actually, I'd love to see a list of hardware that Corsair has tested products on, with a list of what does and doesn't work. Judging from the forum, they have issues with many pretty mainstream motherboards and video card setups, many with only one Corsair Link device in the loop.

I don't see how this can be a big part of your business, and a main selling point for your most expensive water coolers, power supplies, and fans, and then have this be such a huge science experiment for so many users. If they have tested, letting us know what works would help greatly in the troubleshooting process.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:36 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723965
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
Actually, I'd love to see a list of hardware that Corsair has tested products on, with a list of what does and doesn't work. Judging from the forum, they have issues with many pretty mainstream motherboards and video card setups, many with only one Corsair Link device in the loop.

I don't see how this can be a big part of your business, and a main selling point for your most expensive water coolers, power supplies, and fans, and then have this be such a huge science experiment for so many users. If they have tested, letting us know what works would help greatly in the troubleshooting process.
while that would give us a vague idea of working components,once but one item was installed it would make such a test scheme ineffective.
this is what i think most companies face,they test their products but its virtually impossible to know exactly what software or hardware will be added and used by the user...,even something as a usb device can change things dramatically.

one comes to mind is my landseair gps tracker
as long as i connect it after windows is booted,all is ok
but if its connected upon boot,my computer will lock up forcing a dirty shutdown but the real kicker is,the power button will not work at all,till i unplug the power and wait @ 15 minutes...

Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast
MojoVersion8's PC Specs

POST ID # = 724001
MojoVersion8 Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
explain exactly what you mean so were on the same page

these hydros are designed to have the temp of the water controlled by using the water trigger h100i temp.
when you begin a load on the computer the cpu obviously builds heat and the water passes over it and lends a cooling effect.you can use the h100i temp to spin up the fans at what ever temp of the water you want
i usually raise my fans @30% once the water temp raises @ 3 degrees above idle
not knowing the amount of heat you'll produce,its best to try different temp/fan points and you'll get your max cooling ability of your system.there's not much point maxing your fans at first load as your water will still be cool till it begins to saturate which is what needs to be regulated...
actually I think this is just the same thing I was asking about

can't change "device type" between fan and pump which you could in older versions, mostly cosmetic though
Attached Images
File Type: png device type.png (61.2 KB, 581 views)

Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 724004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoVersion8 View Post
actually I think this is just the same thing I was asking about

can't change "device type" between fan and pump which you could in older versions, mostly cosmetic though
actually theres no reason to be able to configure the pump as its a set speed.,,,
you are able to configure other items such as the fans ,thermals,ect...,,right?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 PM
kfiddler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 724005
kfiddler Reputation: 10
Default Working good

Hi,

I have the H80i and purchased the additional kit with cables so I can plug in two more fans into the pump head. After upgrading to this software no fans would show up. I tried unplugging the usb from the pump head and they still did not show up. I reinstalled the link software and tried various things nothing worked. I ended up unplugging the usb cable from the motherboard and plugged it into and another usb connection on motherboard and started up the machine and everything is now working great so far.

Closed Thread