The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 09:38 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722629
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

im curious as to why they made the fan channels voltage controlled and not pwm,,,perhaps they were thinking with the cooling node we could have both

Old 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722709
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

The fan ports will do both, voltage and PWM. A PWM fan controller has its disadvantages when trying to control a 3 pin fan. The PWM signal output to a PWM fan works great and is still part of the Mini, it just goes to voltage control for the 3 pin fans so that even fans with less than stellar motors can be controlled consistently.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722735
LeRoy3rd Reputation: 20

If I'm way out of line here, I hope some other forum members will let me know, alternately, if you feel similarly, I hope you'll show your agreement.

We were told that the Link Commander Mini would be released August 11, 2014 (Monday, yesterday). It didn't. Now, I've halted finishing my new compy build while I wait for this device as there's no reason to finish cable routing until it gets here.

The 11th came and went, and the product is nowhere to be found. I was up at midnight on the 11th refreshing the website and searching through online retailers in hopes of purchasing the newest make-my-cooling-easier-doo-dad. No luck. That's OK, I didnt expect it to be available AT midnight, just wanted to check on the off-chance that it was (didn't want them to sell out while I was asleep!).

All day Monday I did the same refresh/check other retailers dance. Nothing. I posted here asking about it. Nothing. I posted to Corsair's page on Facebook. Nothing.

While I am frustrated that the Commander Mini didn't come out on Monday, that's not what angers me. I understand that hardware ship dates can slip and deadlines can be missed. What ENRAGES me is the information blackout.

You told your customers that a product was going to be available to purchase on a certain day, and it wasn't. Fine. But don't leave us to spend all day trying to find it. Own up to it. I LOVE a company that communicates well with it's customers (me).

Certainly the decision to not release the Mini didn't come Monday morning, why didn't you let us know? If you'd come out on Friday (or even MONDAY) and said:

"We're sorry, but due to a problem found when testing the new hardware, it won't be available on Monday August 11 as expected. We're sorry for the delay and we'll keep you updated on our progress toward allowing you to throw your money at us. Please don't spend all day trying to find and purchase our new whiz-bang device, go outside, see some friends."

This is acceptable, and while it would sadden me, it wouldn't make me want to find a different company to do business with... You DO know that there are PLENTY of alternatives to the Corsair brand, right?

Anyway, to recap: Giving your customers the silent treatment and effectively staging an "information blackout" is HORRIBLE customer service, and it enrages us. Don't do that...

-LeRoy3rd

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:56 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722741
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDFre@k View Post
The fan ports will do both, voltage and PWM. A PWM fan controller has its disadvantages when trying to control a 3 pin fan. The PWM signal output to a PWM fan works great and is still part of the Mini, it just goes to voltage control for the 3 pin fans so that even fans with less than stellar motors can be controlled consistently.
not according to a review,says its voltage control and the cooling node supplyed the pwm

Old 08-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722742
Fauxbeard Reputation: 19

I had updated my original post to reflect the information regarding version 2.7. August 11 was supposed to be the release date but due to the fan control issue that has been reported with 2.7.5332, we have to re-evaluate the software build. If you recall, version 2.7 is required for the new Commander Mini.

By the way, I did say "should be released', not "will be released". Up to this point, that ETA was tentative and is subject to change. Trust me, I'm just as excited as you are for the release of 2.7 and Commander Mini.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:02 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722743

yes we know,,its ESTIMATED time of arrival
im just interested in the price to see how many ot hours i will need.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Bunny Foo Foo #5 View Post
By the way, I did say "should be released', not "will be released". Up to this point, that ETA was tentative and is subject to change. Trust me, I'm just as excited as you are for the release of 2.7 and Commander Mini.
It should be noted that we were all going off of the quote from Facebook:
"Corsair James This will be available on our webstore on 8/11."

"Will" is much more definitive than "should". Either way, even if you post a "should", "might be", or "we hope", it's still common courtesy (not to mention good manners) to let your customers know that there's been a change. It shows respect and good will.

-LeRoy3rd

Old 08-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722747
Fauxbeard Reputation: 19

You're right. My apologies.

Thank you, internet dad.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:25 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Bunny Foo Foo #5 View Post
You're right. My apologies.

Thank you, internet dad.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 722749
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy3rd View Post
It should be noted that we were all going off of the quote from Facebook:
"Corsair James This will be available on our webstore on 8/11."

"Will" is much more definitive than "should". Either way, even if you post a "should", "might be", or "we hope", it's still common courtesy (not to mention good manners) to let your customers know that there's been a change. It shows respect and good will.

-LeRoy3rd
Hi LeRoy3rd,

The date of 8/11 has been slightly delayed. While we were scheduled to go live on this date, we decided at the very last minute to push back the release date until last minute kinks with the software were resolved. While it is an unfortunate delay, we felt it would not be fair to those who purchase the unit and not have it work as we would intend to.

Please stay tuned as we'll make it public once the Mini is available.

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:48 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722750

Thanks for the update. Please don't let my irritation at silence dissuade you from posting dates in the future. We (your customers) love to know what's coming down the line, and we love dates (even tentative dates), so, please, keep communicating, just let us know when the plans change so we can adjust accordingly. We'd do the same for you. :-)

-LeRoy3rd

Old 08-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722758

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
not according to a review,says its voltage control and the cooling node supplyed the pwm
I think we might be talking about different things. I was referring to the ports on the Commander Mini. The Cooling Node and H80i/H100i use a different method of fan control than the Mini and they are PWM only controlled with no voltage adjustment. I have not seen any reviews of the Commander Mini so information any review site posts might not be entirely accurate at this point. If you have a link to that review I would like to see it.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722759

the mini has voltage control,,to get pwm control the node is needed
the mini may be both voltage and pwm but its alluding
ill locate the blog...

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/20...commander_mini

Last edited by wytnyt; 08-12-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:26 AM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722775

Quote:
the mini has voltage control,,to get pwm control the node is needed
the mini may be both voltage and pwm but its alluding
ill locate the blog...

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/20...commander_mini
Yeah, that's not entirely clear and does not spell it out very well. I am sure Corsair will clarify that shortly. Thank you for the link.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Homo sapien
thenosbod's PC Specs

POST ID # = 722859
thenosbod Reputation: 60

Quote:
nah,,end of this month
which month would that be???