The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 339 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM
jpowers1278's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612795
jpowers1278 Reputation: 10
Default Having Similar Problems with the Lighting & Cooling Kit

Hi -

I very recently (last week) did a new system build for myself, including an H100, AX1200i, and the Lighting and Cooling Kit.

Right from the get go, the commander is not working correctly. I installed the latest version (2.1.7) and was unable to see the commander or any of the devices attached to it. When opening the "Firmware Update" application (through the LC2 UI or through opening sierra.bootloader directly) The application crashes on launch.

After digging around a lot, I found a download for 1.2.7 and installed it. This worked well enough for me to change the lights and monitor fans... for about 3 days. Now, when I open Corsair Link 1.2.7, the application shows the blue splash screen and then crashes out. I have tried reinstalling, leaving the computer completely unpowered, changing which USB header the commander is plugged into - all to no avail.

The light on the commander is green, and the last profile I saved in 1.2.7 does seem to load at boot. However, I am unable to make any changes.

Thanks!

Jim

Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612800
robandcathy Reputation: 10

After looking at your specs you are running windows 8 which is not supported yet (to my knowledge)

Last edited by robandcathy; 11-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
jpowers1278's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612803

Because Windows 8 hasn't been available to developers on MSDN for over a year or anything...

I went all in on Corsair on this build because I've never had a problem with anything I've ever purchased from them, but this build is a very different story.

The Sata6GB backplane on my 800D case is DOA.
My h100 pump runs about 200rpm faster than it should and is noisy.
And the link commander is CLEARLY not ready for release.

About the only thing that works great right out of the box is the memory. This has been a pretty disappointing purchase all around (but at least it's not leaking like a thermaltake cooler would)

Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612850
robandcathy Reputation: 10

Sorry for you issues, just trying to help. If we are on the forums that means we all have a issue and need help. Im sure (hopefully a windows 8 version will be released).

Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 AM

POST ID # = 612874
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

jpowers1278,

The Commander unit has to be updated to firmware 2.0.6 on LINK 1.2.7 before you can use LINK 2.1.7.

Have you tried running LINK 1.2.7 as administrator?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 613185
Manannin Reputation: 10

Ok now I have a new problem. Nothing has changed on my system, literally nothing, no new drivers, nothing. But now Link is completely useless. Fans are all running at 100%, but showing as 0% in Link with the sole exception of my H80 fan. H100 and H80 both showing as 0 degrees C (but the pumps are still reporting the RPMs ok (I assume). The LED is not responding (according to it's status box, it is transparent... All the temp probes are at 0 degrees C.

Basically it is screwed. Any suggestions?

I know this is a very common complaint from a lot of people here, but when is there going to be a version of this software that is stable? I realize there is a lot of different hardware options to account for yadda yadda, but that is what BETA testing and research is for. We are being sold a product which is clearly not fit for it's intended use yet. It has so much potential, but that potential is currently sat waiting on the ever lingering promise of upcoming releases which as yet do not live up to the claims made to get us to part with our money.

Link v1 had its issues, but seemed to work on the whole better than v2, but now we/I am stuck as we cannot go back.

Is there anything RAMGUY, COOLGUY or any other Corsair related GUY, can tell us that will actually give us some reassurance that we haven't been defrauded of our money and that this product will someday actually do at least the basic functions that it is intended to do.

I know you do not like to give solid release dates in case they change and so on, but if we are to be treated like unpaid BETA testers, at least do us the decency of telling us what is going on here and if there is any point us waiting for this to be resolved.

Sorry for the rant, but this has been going on far too long to be new hardware teething problems.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 AM

POST ID # = 613190

Manannin,

Have you tried reinstalling the dashboard?
Is the Commander unit detected in the dashboard?
Have you tried a different USB header?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 613221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Manannin,

Have you tried reinstalling the dashboard?
Is the Commander unit detected in the dashboard?
Have you tried a different USB header?
Yes, yes and no!
To explain more, I tried reinstalling first. All that did was reset the profile but still no responses from the sensors/readings etc.
I assume the commander has always been detected as the nodes and fans etc are there (the pumps were still showing RPM for example).
I tried swapping USB header with no joy.

I have it working again at the moment, and to get to this point I had to disconnect the commander, restart the computer, uninstall everything Link related and delete any leftover files. Restart again, and then install from scratch. It is working now, so we will see how long for.

Just FYI it is back to the same status in my post a week ago. HDD/CPU temps incorrect etc...

Thanks Toasted!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
jpowers1278's PC Specs

POST ID # = 613436

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandcathy View Post
Sorry for you issues, just trying to help. If we are on the forums that means we all have a issue and need help. Im sure (hopefully a windows 8 version will be released).
Yeah, not lashing out at my fellow customers, just expressing frustration with the products.

I'll try re-re-reinstalling 1.2.7.

Thanks!

J

Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614074

And now it has all gone again. Fans showing as 0 RPM, temps all 0, I now have 3 LED nodules, none of which correspond to the actual colour of the LEDs in reality or have any control over them...

Can anyone at Corsair help here? As I shouldn't have to reinstall this every time I want this to work. Currently this product just flat out does not work, even in a basic sense, and it seems to be quite a prominent theme.

As much as I appreciate help from other members of the forum, it seems anything we do is only a band-aid measure and the fundamental flaws in this poorly written piece of software needs addressing at the source.

Please help.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 PM

POST ID # = 614146

Manannin,

Reflash your Commander unit and see if it brings back the RPMs, temps, etc.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 AM
eternitykh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614185
eternitykh Reputation: 10

is sierraservice running properly?

if not, then you wont see any temps or fan rpm's

and yeah... my lighting node acts up and stops responding sometimes, can't fix without reboot.... it does this over time, and works fine initially after reboot, then after some time it'll just stop responding.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM
BossyHardest's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614938
BossyHardest Reputation: 10
Default About version 2.2.0

hi everyone!

I just update to the latest version, the new icons are really cool , and while a bit more stable, but I'm the only one still see the temperature of the core 1 only, and the service "SierraService" calling the Hard Drive all 3ms?

Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 AM
TheLocNar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615200
TheLocNar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossyHardest View Post
hi everyone!

I just update to the latest version, the new icons are really cool , and while a bit more stable, but I'm the only one still see the temperature of the core 1 only, and the service "SierraService" calling the Hard Drive all 3ms?
SierraService is hammering my HD as well. This should have been fixed with this update, but it hasn't been.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 AM
mjagiello01's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615245
mjagiello01 Reputation: 10
Default Compatibility

Is the new version 2.2.0 compatible with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit?

Closed Thread