The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 11:55 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593087
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

if anyone can post pics ,it would be most appreciated

Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593105
Ryld Baenre Reputation: 10

Another thought. Remove the obnoxious dialogue to save the profile every time you close it, one click turns into 3. Unless a change has been made it doesn't need to be saved every time.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:37 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593127
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

i can agree with this ,if i make a change ill always save it and dont need the reminder to do so every time

Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593401
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman1 View Post
1. Not all devices detected (H100, Commander Unit, Light Unit, Fan Unit)
Current Commander unit (Firmware 1.1.9) does not support V2. A firmware update will be needed. This will give you all the other devices. This is not mentioned anywhere else that I can see, just an FYI for anyone else trying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman1 View Post
3. Would like to see the names of the available cases when selecting an alternate case photo (So I know what I might like to purchase next :-)
Good idea.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593409

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDFre@k View Post
Current Commander unit (Firmware 1.1.9) does not support V2. A firmware update will be needed. This will give you all the other devices. This is not mentioned anywhere else that I can see, just an FYI for anyone else trying this.

Where is this mentioned?

Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 593418
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Sorry but SpDFre@k answered that in his initial response
Quote:
This is not mentioned anywhere else that I can see, just an FYI for anyone else trying this.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593423

^ I was just looking for something official from Corsair but you not refuting it is good enough.

Any ETA on an updated firmware release for the commander? I checked the drop box link and the only one there was the 1.1.9. Did corsair get this to work with 1.1.9 in testing or did they use a different firmware?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 593435

I just checked with Cool Guy and once you update to 2.X version of the corsair Link Firmware you cannot go back.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 07-31-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593441

I would disagree with that assessment as would another member on the last page of this thread. I just uninstalled corsair link 2 and reinstalled the 1.2.7.0 version of the software without a problem. It still detects the commander, both nodes and my H100. It even kept my layout, case, names of devices and retains control of the SP/AF fans while not controlling the Triebwerk ones.

Do you mean the firmware version cannot be rolled back once updated?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 593451

Yes and you may see some anomalies with the newer firmware that you need to install in the commander with the 2.X version of our Link software, when you go back to the previous version. Its not that you cannot do it it just may not work right.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593461

Will the new firmware make the link any less compatible with the corsair SP/AF fans? Because if not then I wouldn't have a problem installing it as it doesn't control the fans I would like it to anyway.

It's difficult to give feedback as Corsair George asked for if we can't detect anything :/

Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593468
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryld Baenre View Post
Do you mean the firmware version cannot be rolled back once updated?
Yes, you are correct. Once you update to the new firmware (Commander only) you will not be able to flash back to the old firmware. Additionally, once the new firmware is on the Commander device V1 will no longer pick up the devices (much like V2 doesn't pick up the hardware now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryld Baenre View Post
Will the new firmware make the link any less compatible with the corsair SP/AF fans?
No it will not. The new firmware is only for the Commander device and will not have any effect on the Cooling Node or any fans connected to it.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Sguma70's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593526
Sguma70 Reputation: 10
Default Problems encountered with the two software 1.27-2.0.15

Hi I would like to contribute to the software and its problems:
Software 1.2.7: create profile fans turn off my computer and then restart the profile does not load the software I need to start to get back the saved profile at shutdown pc, profile lights to restart windows will not load Neither do when I start the software, so I lights recreate the profile, I have three two hdd ssd hdd caviar back a two hdd software detects a temperature of 30 degrees celsius 128 degrees celsius third do not understand what hdd is detected wrong.
Then the problem is not less important to me 'change background of custom homes with photos, but one important thing that the software does not load with windows so I always start it manually.
With the 1.25 update speed of the fans cooolermaster the problem and 'fixed, h 100 Scythe has 4 fans but have never had problems
The new 2.0.15 softvare and 'much more' beautiful as an aesthetic problem solved I can change background photo, problems that leads from the old software even worse a hdd 30 degrees celsius 128 degrees celsius and the remaining two then here 'have worsened, according software problem with windows will not start again for the rest does not find anything then the problem can not check if lights and 'resolved
I wait for the firmware posted for the node to recognize everything and give a better guide, excuse my poor English but I used the google translator.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593562

^^HDD/SSD temps may be off because the drives do not have built in temperature sensors. With SSDs it's not a huge deal as I don't know of any applications of the top of my head that would put them outside of their comfort zone, just ignore those temps. What I did to measure that was put one of the temperature sensors that came with the link in the lower HDD bay where I have 3 SSDs piled underneath the link commander. Good call on the custom image thing. I haven't used it yet but I can see people wanting to. Once my system becomes more static I may opt for a custom image.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM
bee144's PC Specs

POST ID # = 593572
bee144 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair George View Post
If you guys use it and play around with it, please post your comments here.

Please uninstall any older version of Link before installing the new beta.
http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/dri...ta_v2.0.15.zip

This has been tested extensively with the PSUs, and should offer the same functionality as V1 for other devices.

Since this is a beta test, we'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions. We're still working on V2, but from the beginning we were trying to incorporate a lot more of your suggestions and compatibility concerns, as well as stability.

Thanks.

Please note:
Is there any way that we could get a driver update for the Corsair Commander unit so that we can access our devices connected to it? That way we can fully test Link 2.