The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566479
robandcathy Reputation: 10

Legally this qualifies for a class action suit. False advertisment. To answer you question Ramguy, yes the only fans that adjust speed accordingly are the two that came with the H100, the other 5 "of different sizes do not. How could you possibly ship a product with out testing it with other fans? I know your tech support but don't you, yourself think your development dept is doing a poor job? It's common sense if its a fan controller, then thats what it should do. Im sure that the computers that the development dept have are not shipped with only corsair fans, so right there should give you a idea of the quality of the devlopment team. They should also know that everyone out there will be using other brands of fans, I have all top name brand fans not cheep ones either. Maybe you should include a list of tested and working fans by manafacture. Sadly it would probably only consist of one company, corsair.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
jimnh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566622
jimnh Reputation: 10

I've got 3 COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex PWM fans connected to the link. All run 790-860 rpm; Changing the profiles has no effect; I can change the H80 profile and hear the fans change..
Very frustrating... The very thing I bought the link for it is unable to do...

corsair commander firmware 1.2.0
cooling node: 1.2.0
H80: 1.1.12
lighting: 1.2.0

Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 566778
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Kl2amer and robandcathy
Noted and I am sorry but I will pass your concerns and comments on to our Product Manager.

jimnh

As mentioned earlier in this thread it does take a few min for the fan speeds to show or slow down. However we have reported the fans you are using to see if they can be added to the list of fans to be tested.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 03-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
vullprofiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566779
vullprofiman Reputation: 10

I have got 2 of these cougar fans too

They are connected to my H100 and through the H100 to the Link
And they are working

Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 566781

vullprofiman,
Thank you for commenting on that and I think jimnh had his connected to the cooling Node of the Corsair Link can you confirm that jimnh?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
jimnh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566784
jimnh Reputation: 10

My cougars are on the cooling node; The fans on H80 are not cougars but spin up/down as expected;

When I put the cougars on the motherboard pwm connectors I can ramp them up and down just fine;

Also I realize it can take some time for the changes to take effect, and have given it several min at times between tests on the cooling node...

Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566803

Was not sure if I could mention brand as you kindly edited my hard drive info in another thread, but Im using coolmaster fans, different sizes which came with my HAF-X case and 1 silentx, I think one out of every 10 owns a coolmaster fan.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
randolla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566825
randolla Reputation: 10

Or a Gentle Typhoon.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 566842

robandcathy
The Filter was put in place years ago for another reason which I have explained so many times I don't think its required but will if you really feel its needed..
However, we talked about removing it and it is embedded in the code on the forum so it would be a pain to remove it. However just post the HDD Info if it gets blocked by the filter we can still see so that is all that is important.
In addition, we are looking a lot of Fans now to see what we can do to include support in a future release.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566989
shaft Reputation: 10

I just installed my Corsair Link today and it has absolutely no control over any of my fans. I have Bitfenix Spectre Pro fans.
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...s/spectre-pro/

5 attached to the fan controller and 2 attached through my H100.
Nothing I do changes the RPM, they just sit at max (1200) for the most part. If I set it to fixed and set it way low (600-800) I see them randomly drop to 1000RPM once in a while. Very disappointed at the moment.

Firmware
Commander: 1.1.9
H100: 1.1.12
Cooling: 1.1.12
Lighting: 1.1.9

Last edited by shaft; 03-13-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 566992

Shaft thanks for posting that I am not sure if they are available here in the USA but we will add them to the list of fans to be tested. If not we may be able to get them from Europe please keep an eye out for future updates on our software.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566998
shaft Reputation: 10

Actually, I am in the USA. Popular online retailers carry them such as Frozencpu, performance-pcs and NCIX for Canada.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14...2025KK-RP.html
Hope that helps.

Corsair Link looks like a great product on paper, unfortunately no where on your site is there a list of compatible fans. I was under the impression when I bought it that it would be able to control any 3-4 pin fan.
If this can be corrected with a firmware update I would like to keep it, otherwise I can't justify keeping a $140 power splitter in my case.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567022

RamGuy was not mad or need a explanation, just mentioned that some times you can and sometimes you can't, I am a web master in two forums and a school website so I understand the filters, but usually they are a addon not embeded in code, off topic.... and the post was geared at saying I'n using name brand fans, can you give a realistic eta for any updates? I keep hearing soon but soon is not soon enough, my computer is torn apart right now, because I'm not sure which day there will be a update or if I need to rma.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 567023
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft View Post
If this can be corrected with a firmware update I would like to keep it, otherwise I can't justify keeping a $140 power splitter in my case.
We are evaluating different methods of fan control that would hopefully allow a much wider compatibility with 3rd party fans. All of them require a firmware update for the Cooling node/H80/H100. From this thread I have seen the following fans called out:

Thermalright TY-140
Noctua NF-P14 FLX
Prolimatech Blue Vortex 140
COUGAR CF-V12HP
BitFenix Spectre Pro
Coolermaster
Gentle Typhoon

I am positive there are lots more out there that have not been called out by part number. If you do not see your particular brand or model number listed, let us know what your using.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 567032
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandcathy View Post
can you give a realistic eta for any updates? I keep hearing soon but soon is not soon enough, my computer is torn apart right now, because I'm not sure which day there will be a update or if I need to rma.
We will update on the fan control issue by the end of this week (3/16/12). I will have a better understanding if the changes work on a large scale and how many bugs we still have to work out of the new method. It will use the same hardware so an RMA will not be needed, just a firmware update.