Corsair Community

Same old Corsair - Users being treated like Mushrooms

red-ray

Below is a quote from the thread when Corsair were keeping the users informed, however sometime after 10-Feb-2016 the thread was closed and quietly forgotten about.

It's now been over two years since some of the itemised issues were promised, further CL4 can't even update CoolIT firmware at all.

I for one feel Corsair need to start showing some professional diligence, tell the users what is going to happen and then make it happen.

From when the current Corsair Manager Product Management - DIY Components took over as the manager responsible for Corsair Link I feel the users have been treated like mushrooms.

Clearly Aaron has tried to hide his account, but I like a challenge ;): I suspect this post may soon be censored :p:.

Updated 2/11/15

The concerns shown in this thread and forum are real. Corsair should take responsibility for the software on all of their products. I am here to do that for Corsair Link. There are users having problems with Corsair Link and the frustration is warranted. The community has been supportive as we work through issues on the products and the software. Below is a slightly more detailed response as a start.

What came out of the bug tracking meeting was that several of the issues were not fully resolved. Another drop of the software went into test today meant to resolve them. If the software has known critical issue's it will not leave the building, now matter how badly an update is needed. The new date for the software to be released is the 16th of February. That date is a best case scenario that can/will move if needed. This may not make everybody happy, but it is the best thing for the customers and the products the software supports. Once the software goes into internal testing it takes roughly two weeks to fully complete the testing process. We have 15 test machines right now across three different groups trying to make sure we catch everything. That does not mean we always do and there will be things we don't catch. This is something that was not in place last year. We have had to staff up in our testing and software team to support the HID, Audio, and Link software.

• The v3 release is slated to have firmware updates for the H80i and H100i, a new bootloader (process/method of flashing the firmware), multi-language support, installation enhancements, new product support, an updated CPUID SDK, and various UI functional fixes.
  • Firmware updates for the H80i and H100i are to address certain USB connectivity and RGB LED color profile issues.
  • The bootloader has been completely revamped to try and make the process easier and more stable. Firmware updates in the past have left some users with bricked units and having to RMA your unit because a firmware flash went bad is the last thing anybody wants to do.
  • We have an installation option already that sets specific flags in the registry for Win 8/8.1 support but people are still having to set these manually sometimes. We are now going to prompt for admin access if needed to make sure the registry edits happen instead of continuing installation without the registry edits.
  • Multi-language support will give non English speaking users a much more useful tool.
  • The new version will also support the H80i GT and H100i GTX that will be coming to market soon. Since they have already been leaked all over the internet we can mention them here.
  • The new CPUID SDK is what runs all of the motherboard, GPU, and HDD sensors. An update just brings on new hardware that might not have been supported before. SLI/Crossfire detection is still not working.. yet.

2/11/15

The above list is not the complete change log. It was what the majority of users were having problems with and our main focus. The feedback about the RGB LED color's not being saved through system shutdown or restart are being addressed as well.

The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.

Archived