The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 02:16 AM

POST ID # = 301362
osc8r Reputation: 10

I'm in a similar situation.

M2N + TWIN2X2048-6400C4D(1GX2)(4-4-4-12) + AMD 6000

The pdf on this ram says it's 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V.

Unfortunately my motherboard with the latest bios update, only goes up to 1.9V. So I gave it a shot anyway, 4-4-4-12 2T @ 1.9V and windows simply won't start, BSOD after BSOD.

I have now set the mem to 5-5-5-15 -2T at 1.9v and it hasn't crashed...yet! Sisoft is reporting ~760mhz combined. I will run memtest later tonight.

So is this the best I'm going to be able to get out of this setup, considering my voltage is limited?
I'm quite disappointed, especially as this mem + mb combination was (and still is) RECOMMENDED at: http://compatible.corsairmemory.com

Last edited by osc8r; 07-03-2007 at 02:43 AM.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Bagman57's PC Specs

POST ID # = 306977
Bagman57 Reputation: 10
Default Random system reboots

I upgraded at the beginning of the year with a new ASUS M2N-E MB, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 and 2 MB of Corsair XMS2 Twin2X 6400C4. I'm also having stability problems. I was thinking it was a heat issue so I replaced my case fans with larger 120mm intake & exhaust and added an 80mm side fan to cool the pci cards (i.e. 8800 GTS Superclocked). Then I thought it might be a power supply issue never thinking about the ram. When my system crashes it reboots. It may do it every 30 minutes or so or not for several hours or more. If I cold boot it sometimes stops really frequent crashes. I have the memory set at 4-4-4-12 T2; tRC set to 16; vDIMM set to 1.90v. I raised the bus speed to 215 Mhz so the memory would run at 400 Mhz otherwise it ran at 378-9 Mhz. That speed bump also overclocked the CPU from 2600 Mhz to 2795-9 Mhz. I'll try the memory in the secondary slots as dontasciime mentioned. Is there a recommended set of fast Corsair modules that are stable for the ASUS M2N-E MB? The memory config wouldn't let me search by MB for some reason.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Bagman57's PC Specs

POST ID # = 307615
Bagman57 Reputation: 10
Default Update

I set all my memory settings in the bios (updated to v.802) back to auto. The auto settings are 800 Mhz; 5-5-5-18; T2; Trc 23. After a week I've had one crash where my system just shut down, no reboot. The Asus web site has a zip file download named Memory-QVL (Qualified Vendors List). There's three pdf files in that and under DDR2-800 the CM2X1024-6400C4 is the only Corsair modules listed in any of them.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:38 PM
tibyke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 310275
tibyke Reputation: 10

hello,

i have two pairs of the CL4 twinx kit. when i only use 2 sticks, all goes fine, but wheny i put in both pairs (4 sticks), computer just wont boot up, blank screen, no video signal. when i enter bios (with 2 sticks), change memory voltage to 1.95V (max!), save, quit, power off, put other 2 sticks in, power on, it boots up, goes fine, but seems pretty unstable, and after a while with every-day usage it just reboots or locks up, and upon next reboot it does the same thing: no video signal, blank screen.

do you have an idea?

t

Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Isengrim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 310760
Isengrim Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
That MB should run great with those modules. As long as you have an X2 or FX CPU other wise DDR667 would be suggested and you have to run at 2t Commande Rate. Let's get your modules replaced,
Please use the [http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html] "On Line RMA Request Form" and we will be happy to replace them or it.
Hi!
I've been reading most threads here on troubles with TWIN2X2048-6400C4 working with ASUS M2N-E but I can't see ifa anyone got a solution to their problem? I have almost the same symptoms...my system is not reliable. Sometimes the PC runs fine for a couple of weeks and sometimes it reboot randomly every day (sometimes i get at BSOD but mostly not). This night I run memtest on my module for 14hrs, no errors whatsoever. So my question is: is this i memory issue? Is there some way for me to localize this problem? (I have also contacted ASUS in this matter, but no answer yet. of course I will update this post if I learn anything useful)

Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 PM
tibyke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 310926
tibyke Reputation: 10
Question

guess what!

i bought a brand new ASUS m2n SLI Deluxe motherboard, which supports better overclocking features, and ddr2 voltage up to 2.5V.

i thought all will work out of the box, but far from being this the situation, it doesnt work after tweaking timings/memory speed at all.

i have the same issue: sometimes it boots up, sometimes it doesnt, locks up, etc.

with only 3 modules, all work fine, with 4 modules, it just wont go :(

im going slightly mad

t

Old 12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Sal Galvan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 322186
Sal Galvan Reputation: 10
Default Finally got mine to work!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Now for the disclaimer. Yes I know that a lot of performance/overclocking is luck of the draw and you may have the exact components and it still may not work for you.
I have an Asus M2N-E and CM2X1024 6400. At first the only settings that were stable were auto detect everything which left the memory at 5-5-5-18-23 2T @ 368 MHz according to cpu-z. Yes horrible. And my system would NOT even BOOT at ANY better settings. NOW it's at 5-5-5-12-23 2T @ 400 MHz. Not great but at least closer to specs/SPD. The difference? I used a different pair of "the same" memory. Version 7.3 (PSC ICs according the "DDRII Inquiry" in these forums) DID NOT work for me, but magically version 5.3 (PROMOS ICs) of this memory DID work for me. Are the PROMOS ICs better than the PSC ICs? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm going to continue working on this to see if I can further improve the timings and I'll report back later. Good luck to all of you reading this thread. BTW the improvement changed my Counter Strike Source Video Stress Test from 125 fps to 140 fps and made Team Fortress 2 playably "smoother".

Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
mortis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 326729
mortis Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Hey guys i am new to the forum and i am not sure if i can just post something on here or not but i ave the same board m2n-e as this dude and i have a similar problem. 1st i had a xfx 8600gt and most of the time it would not boot and give of a series of beeps 1 long 2 short, and according to award bios it was a gfx card issue so i did the usual and tested in another machine and had the same problem his board being an asus nforce 680i. so be both updated bios and it worked fine on his machine and occaisionally on mine. so we swapped cards his being a 7900gs and it worked fine for a day or 2 until now, but now its like it wont bood up like every second or 3rd boot and when it doesnt boot up it wont boot for like 20mins. i hear nothing from the pc speaker this time when it boots, also in some intense games like crysis it crashes. anyway enough of my ranting what i want to ask is, if these two problems are from the same thing or are they separate and is it fixable, the asus overclocking thingy says system temp and cpu temp are 45 degrees c and approx 60 degrees c. thanks for any info you guys can give me.

please tell me also if i am not spose to reply to this thread and where to start a new thread. thanks