The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786503
Jo0Lz Reputation: 10
Default Lag when holding *-lock keys

Got the K70 RGB today, Cherry MX Brown.

Installed the software, connected the device to a USB 3 port, and all is glorious. Lovely colors, even made some key effects when pressing a button. Cool.

When I play Counter Strike GO however, I use the capslock key as a push to talk button in game. This was all fine with my K95 keyboard, but on the K70 RGB, it causes the game to lag as long as I hold the key.

I tested some things, and it happens when I hold the (unbound) num and scroll lock buttons too. I've tried updating the firmware (latest version already installed) and software (again, latest version already installed.)

Anyone having the same issues? Anyone having a fix? I need this to work properly, something like holding a button causing lag is just stupid. Maybe I need some kind of compatibility setting?

Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786505
terabyte Reputation: 73

This issue should be fixed in the latest Firmware 1.20 if I remember right, unless it's a different issue from the one I remember.

Which firmware version do you have on your K70 RGB right now? You can check it in the devices tab in CUE.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:09 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786596

I have firmware version 1.20; bootloader 0.11.
Software version 1.7.106...

Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 786658
Inheritance Reputation: 70

no issues like that while using any of the RGB keyboards when playing CSGO. try reinstalling the game and clearing out the games settings, and reinstalling CUE and clearing out the CUE's settings too. Also do you have any other software running that would be listening for a caps lock key press?
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787008

Come to think of it, I have whatpulse running, had no issues with the k95 though. I'll try turning off whatpulse monday; Ill let you guys know.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787210

Okay, well I tried quitting whatpulse, and also disabling auto-hotkey, but to no avail. If I press any of the lock keys, the game will lag as long as I hold it.

I am running Windows 10, build 10130, I can't test it on Windows 8 now, but maybe running the software in compatiblity mode will solve it.. Will have to test more.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:40 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787211

That didn't solve the problem either. It's not related to CSGO btw, when I hold capslock and move a window inside windows, it also starts to lag... ;(

Old 06-29-2015, 08:11 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787214

Windows 10 is not out officially and CUE has not been tested with it yet either as far as I know. It might be a bug in Win10 itself that will be fixed for the final release or it might be something the developers need to fix in CUE. Trying to get things working with a beta release is never a good idea in the end.

Until it gets released as stable it won't be supported either way.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787218

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
Windows 10 is not out officially and CUE has not been tested with it yet either as far as I know. It might be a bug in Win10 itself that will be fixed for the final release or it might be something the developers need to fix in CUE. Trying to get things working with a beta release is never a good idea in the end.

Until it gets released as stable it won't be supported either way.
I haven't had any real issues with running the TP of Windows 10. I am member of the insider program and give feedback when things are off with software and/or hardware.

This being said, I am going to test the same situation on Windows 8 sometime this week, but I'm probably going to get the same results.

To be honest, Windows 10 is almost done, and it's certainly a whole lot better compared to the ****ty software Corsair released with this keyboard.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787242

If you're able to replicate on Win 8 that will certainly help.

CUE has been working just fine for me thought, I've had a few minor issues but they're getting fixed with each update. Only a couple are left now. So far my experience has certainly been good :)

Old 06-29-2015, 12:32 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787246
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

Or you could plug in another keyboard and see if the problem still happens.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:40 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 787278
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Does the game lag when you hold down any other button besides caps lock? We did resolve issues with the lock buttons crashing the keyboard but I wonder if that may have had impacted using "hold down" functionality.

This is actually a firmware issue btw, not software (in reference to your "sh**ty" comment. )

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:39 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787330

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
If you're able to replicate on Win 8 that will certainly help.

CUE has been working just fine for me thought, I've had a few minor issues but they're getting fixed with each update. Only a couple are left now. So far my experience has certainly been good :)
Yeah, well I've had some issues with profiles and the software becoming unresponsive for minutes... No real crashes though, so they might just be related to the profiles I was trying to import.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkraghify View Post
Or you could plug in another keyboard and see if the problem still happens.
I have the K95 Non-RGB here, which I just tested; works fine. (Worked fine before I swapped it out for the K70 RGB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Does the game lag when you hold down any other button besides caps lock? We did resolve issues with the lock buttons crashing the keyboard but I wonder if that may have had impacted using "hold down" functionality.

This is actually a firmware issue btw, not software (in reference to your "sh**ty" comment. )
Well, I just learned it does this extremely with all the lock buttons. And not just in-game, also in Windows. I grab a window and move it around, when I hold one of the lock keys, it starts to stutter. But looking more closely, pressing all other buttons also creates minor stutter when testing. Haven't noticed that ingame though.

The software isn't ****ty per-se, but the overall feel of it is that it just isn't as polished as you would expect.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 787495
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo0Lz View Post
Yeah, well I've had some issues with profiles and the software becoming unresponsive for minutes... No real crashes though, so they might just be related to the profiles I was trying to import.

I have the K95 Non-RGB here, which I just tested; works fine. (Worked fine before I swapped it out for the K70 RGB)

Well, I just learned it does this extremely with all the lock buttons. And not just in-game, also in Windows. I grab a window and move it around, when I hold one of the lock keys, it starts to stutter. But looking more closely, pressing all other buttons also creates minor stutter when testing. Haven't noticed that ingame though.

The software isn't ****ty per-se, but the overall feel of it is that it just isn't as polished as you would expect.
We've come a long way with the software but I understand it's still not perfect. The beast that is software is that depending on the system setup, it may have effects that we can't replicate or fix if its not consistent. We've been able to resolve the ones we can track.

Given that though, I will report this to our validations team to test and see if we can mimic.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We've come a long way with the software but I understand it's still not perfect. The beast that is software is that depending on the system setup, it may have effects that we can't replicate or fix if its not consistent. We've been able to resolve the ones we can track.

Given that though, I will report this to our validations team to test and see if we can mimic.
I see now that it is a firmware issue. Even with the software not running, there is lag when pressing the lock buttons. That being said, the little bit of lag while pressing other keys is something to investigate as well. The best way to see it is to take a random window in windows, and move it around with your mouse. Then start pressing/holding keys, holding the lock keys will make it lag a lot, holding the other keys just a little bit.

That little bit of lag can be a real pain as well, specially in games where you need to have zero input lag, like CS:GO.

Thanks for passing this on internally, I hope something can be done about it sometime soon. If you can, let us know by following up :)

Tags
caps lock, counter strike, global offensive, k70 rgb, lag