The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 589278
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblematicHS1 View Post
I now have the same problem. I have been using this headset for a while, but for the first time the headset has locked up, meaning that both the blue light by the power button and the orange light by the mini-USB port are constantly on and pressing the power button doesn't do anything.

Do I seriously have to wait for this whole thing to discharge? I think it's a pretty monstrous flaw that I cannot somehow yank the battery or do a hard reset somehow.

Edit: The orange light by the USB port is on whether the USB cable is plugged in or not. Also the PC cannot recognize the device when the headset is locked up like this.
What are your hardware system settings, OS, and what USB port are you using? Also, when first experienced the problem was it upon boot-up or did you encounter it during use?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM

POST ID # = 589789
bdpope88 Reputation: 10

I am also experiencing the exact same problem, the headset has worked flawlessly for me for about 2.5 weeks. I have tried reboots, clean install of the drivers and to re-pair the devices. However, the headset was unresponsive during the re-pairing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. As far as hardware, I have a custom build.
Asus Z-68-V Pro/Gen3 Mobo, i5 2500k processor, 8 GB Ram, GTX 570 Video card.

I have tried several different USB ports for both the charge cable as well as the wireless adapter. None of them remedy the problem.

I left my computer on overnight and left the headset on the charger, the wireless adapter was not plugged in. Upon waking up, I plugged in the wireless adapter and took off the headset from the charger. That's when the charge light decided to not stop and the problems began. The computer detects each time when I plug the headset in and automatically chooses that device... however no audio comes through the headset, the mic doesn't work and the volume control doesn't work either. I have tried changing the volume manually to different levels to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 589884
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpope88 View Post
I am also experiencing the exact same problem, the headset has worked flawlessly for me for about 2.5 weeks. I have tried reboots, clean install of the drivers and to re-pair the devices. However, the headset was unresponsive during the re-pairing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. As far as hardware, I have a custom build.
Asus Z-68-V Pro/Gen3 Mobo, i5 2500k processor, 8 GB Ram, GTX 570 Video card.

I have tried several different USB ports for both the charge cable as well as the wireless adapter. None of them remedy the problem.

I left my computer on overnight and left the headset on the charger, the wireless adapter was not plugged in. Upon waking up, I plugged in the wireless adapter and took off the headset from the charger. That's when the charge light decided to not stop and the problems began. The computer detects each time when I plug the headset in and automatically chooses that device... however no audio comes through the headset, the mic doesn't work and the volume control doesn't work either. I have tried changing the volume manually to different levels to no avail.

Thanks for the help.
Try draining the battery (I know this isn't recommended) completely and then recharging the device completely. Let me know the results.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:05 AM

POST ID # = 611221
kantarell Reputation: 10

I have the same problem (too eager to use, didn't fully charge).
I have no sound but mic seems to work fine.

I tried the pairing and the dongle stopped blinking, but there is still no sound, so I'm going to try draining the battery.

Does anyone have an approximate time for it to drain without actually using the headset?
Since I can't have sound on, I'm assuming it will take much longer than the 10 hours specified.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 AM

POST ID # = 648176
Buzz2112 Reputation: 10

same problem here

Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 AM

POST ID # = 648273
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Let the battery discharge and fully recharge (green light) it before turning it on.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Mastachief's PC Specs

POST ID # = 652506
Mastachief Reputation: 10

Same problem here too.

Had it 2weeks now and the only difference last night was that i switched the power to my rig off at the socket whilst the headset was plug into the usb charger.

Can't believe that you have to drain the headset completely before being able to use it again for such an expensive bit of kit this is a joke.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:07 PM

POST ID # = 670629
l0nd0nm0nkey Reputation: 10
Sad

Same problem here. Been using them for 3-4 weeks with no issues (I was actually very happy with them until now).

Cant turn the head set off, solid amber light.

Is there a fix for this (other than waiting for the headset to fully discharge)?

Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 AM

POST ID # = 670693
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Unfortunately, there isn't a faster way to "reset" the headset.

It will be a good feature to add into a future product similar to the V2000.