Corsair Community

3 months since last update

robandcathy

What is going on? 40 hours a week and months before updates to hopefully correct issues? Seriously is this how corsair does customer service! Its' a fan seems like a complete operating system could be written to support 1000's of devices faster. When will this end? Either refund everyone their money and scrap the program or fix it quick! This is a nuclear train wreck at best. I wouldn't say anything if this lasted a few months but it's been a year and a half in the works, with promises to fix things. Things get smoothed over with a update soon but that update takes months. Will be addressed next update which is almost non existent. Im done with corsair and will RMA my unit once I post this

Okay. Corsair really need to step up with the link updates. Even ASUS GPU Tweak has been given an update, a product which everyone really hate. Luckily, GPU Tweak can have a replacement, which is MSI Afterburner.

But!, this corsair Link don't have any other software for it, and we really depend on the software. That is why we need updates for better utilize of their products.

they do need to produce an update but people need to be patient and less abusive and try to understand it takes time to get everything worked out.they put out a couple fixes that compounded problems so im sure they want to try their best to get it working properly this time

They do update the software but they don't release it until they are happy with it. You wouldn't want a software update that breaks a feature or one that won't work.

Problems/Issues may occur unexpectedly which can cause delays to the expected release date, e.g. the software doesn't read the CPU temp on certain motherboards, no devices are detected, a driver may conflict with the functions of the software, etc.

While it does seem quiet around the Link devices/software, there is something being done to resolve it.

I was going to but this then I read about all the problems.....will keep my cash until they fix it.

these arent widespread issues,this is a board designed to help those that do encounter problems,so thats what youll see here.i have 2 of these with no problems

wytnt as memory serves you are using a much older version of the software, as for being patient is a year and a half not patient enough? We see people post daily about problems so it does in fact affect many users. 3 to 6 months between updates is a very long time seeing that they have people on payroll to fix the code, it's not like this is open source and people fix it as they have time. This is a major company not some startup mom and pop shop. 99% of issues should have been squashed a year ago, their marketing should have stated which fans and configs this would work with. The product should have been tested better before sold to the public. Simple things as a setup manual or ease of upgrading. This should not be a standard. With 11,500 visitors a month to the web site.. http://visitorsworth.com/www.corsair.com and a company who made 16.7 million (profit last year) I would tend to expect they can hire one or two techs temp to fix the issues quickly. http://www.streetinsider.com/ipo_lookup.php?id=477

So now tell me if im in the wrong for wanting the software fixed and after a 1 1/5 years of waiting, I want it now. I wonder how much of the profit is from link sales:idea: I personally will not support corsair products anymore even though there customer service is excellent but whats the point of customer service if the product does not work as marketed.

Fyi I like your sig wish I could follow that advice.

i use the older s/w by choice,i didnt prefer the newer version,not that it didnt work but it was just a matter of preference.

you could follow my sig if wanted but you choose not to

its understandable to be disgruntled with this but addressing it constantly does no good at all and wont produce results any sooner

corsair i feel will make things right when their able to.

i use the older s/w by choice,i didnt prefer the newer version,not that it didnt work but it was just a matter of preference.

you could follow my sig if wanted but you choose not to

its understandable to be disgruntled with this but addressing it constantly does no good at all and wont produce results any sooner

corsair i feel will make things right when their able to.

Actually addressing this gets more people on board and may eventually get higher up's to finally do something. Being with a product for a year and a half with out the function really bothers me. I go to work to make a living and choose wisely how to spend my money to get ahead of the rat race. I understand trying to protect a company but someone that false advertises is not worth protecting especially if they are still currently doing it.....eg. fan control which is a broad statement, because if fact it does not control fans, only fans that meet the link standards which they do not disclose. so that within it self is a lie and for them to continue to market it that way is a shame at best. For corsair to drag a fix out this long is even worse!

Actually addressing this gets more people on board and may eventually get higher up's to finally do something. Being with a product for a year and a half with out the function really bothers me. I go to work to make a living and choose wisely how to spend my money to get ahead of the rat race. I understand trying to protect a company but someone that false advertises is not worth protecting especially if they are still currently doing it.....eg. fan control which is a broad statement, because if fact it does not control fans, only fans that meet the link standards which they do not disclose. so that within it self is a lie and for them to continue to market it that way is a shame at best. For corsair to drag a fix out this long is even worse!

you work?

oh,my baad

i woulda thought you would be still in school since personal vendettas are usually a kids game.i guess theres exceptions to every rule.

i appreciate the attention your showering me with,it helps to get my good opinion of corsair products more noticed

thank you ;):

So, lets be a pro and just stop the flame war, and summon RAM GUY here, maybe he have some insight about the future update.

You will get the same answer as last 10 times "soon but we do not have a exact date" :roll: and everyone is entitled to a opinion, and this is how I choose to share it. FYI I'm not flaming anyone, and myself and waynt just don't see eye to eye on what a consumer should expect from a product. His rig has worked so he is content, mine has yet to work, so I'm not content. Anyhow back to topic:

When can we see a update?

Why does it take so long for a update?

What will the update fix?

Will upgrading be fixed?

And it's these types of comments that get you into so may flame wars wytnyt...and that just not helping anyone.

your right but does spending ones time on here solely to cruise threads posting the same negativity to any and everyone help any?

So, lets be a pro and just stop the flame war, and summon RAM GUY here, maybe he have some insight about the future update.

thats just it tho myka,ramguy has repeatedly posted info current info regarding the update.,

They do update the software but they don't release it until they are happy with it. You wouldn't want a software update that breaks a feature or one that won't work.

Problems/Issues may occur unexpectedly which can cause delays to the expected release date, e.g. the software doesn't read the CPU temp on certain motherboards, no devices are detected, a driver may conflict with the functions of the software, etc.

While it does seem quiet around the Link devices/software, there is something being done to resolve it.

I have to actually disagree maybe with more frequent updates they can actually hear feed back from users and if all is not well you can go back to old setup. Seems like they do in house tests with out the real world environment tests and when a update is released seems like a whole new set of issues arise. With more frequent updates they can say hey is sirrea 2 fixed? no ok we will try again that the whole concept of beta testing (sadly we should not be doing) but its a step in the right direction and people will at least see progress. I have a feeling that next release will fix some things but create new ones and again we will wait and wait. Look at windows they have now offered the beta to consumers to help them work out the bugs, get feedback and improve the program all around. I do believe you that they are working on it but offering more updates may squash problems sooner that they think they may have fixed and save them time in the process. Im not a genius but common sense has to prevail at some point.

Not true I also tried to help many as I have time, but around a 3 month mark I feel its in vain, same issues same questions so yeah one get frustrated if a problem is not solved. :roll:

yes ive seen you helping others at times but posting negative comments repeatedly wont push corsair any faster ,you have to agree they arent trying to make people angry by holding up on a update,i just think they want to be as sure as possible that they produce a fixed update before releasing it.im sorry for coming on too strong towards you but i tire of being badgered simply because ive had good experiences with corsairs products.

no one wants these bugs worked out more than corsair does but it would be irresponsible to put out a faulty update and have even more problems

corsair has a good line of products and like most ,they have their challenges

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutz94 View Post

And it's these types of comments that get you into so may flame wars wytnyt...and that just not helping anyone.

your right but does spending ones time on here solely to cruise threads posting the same negativity to any and everyone help any?

But he's not! There is a fine line between supporting a product and trying to help with product support sometimes. You need to learn to put your personal feelings aside.

That is also his opinion and very much so entitled to it. He's not breaking any forum rules..so what s the harm. Please don't take this the wrong way, but even I have seen you blame "user error" on a quite a few products because yours works fine. I have a complete LINK kit my self and even I have have quit using it because it's just not doing what it is supposed to be. The LED.s have a mind of their own and I have no control over my fans.

Robandcathy have been more than patient in my honest opinion and have every right to feel the way he does. He's been here pretty much from day one with the LINK system and has continued to try and work through the bugs along with trying to help other with the same issues putting heads together...which is above what most users would go through. That in itself is showing more support for Corsair products than most users would.

Why some users have no issues and other have nothing but trouble is beyond me. But it still doesn't take away from the fact that they purchased a product and are one of those experiencing problems and have every right to be upset when after all this time still doesn't perform to the product specs and or their expectations. .

Seems like they do in house tests with out the real world environment tests and when a update is released seems like a whole new set of issues arise. With more frequent updates they can say hey is sirrea 2 fixed? no ok we will try again that the whole concept of beta testing (sadly we should not be doing) but its a step in the right direction and people will at least see progress.

everyone here knows I love Corsair products just as much as the next guy, and will continue to do so. But i tend to agree with this and I feel robandcathys views are justified.

This repeatingly badmouthing of any critical remark reminds me of 1984. Thoughtcrime.

Following this logic one has to pay and has to remain silent. Even to post bugs seems to be an insult for these guys. One has no right to complain even if the solution lasts more than a year and more. Just because the company is sacred and infallible even if hard and soft failures are empirically recordable and repeatable. May be some sort of super identification and narcissistic wound.

Normally there is a complaint management, like Rockstar's. You get a mail asking you if the answers were helpful. 'Hide and cover' might not be a costumer friendly strategy.

yes ive seen you helping others at times but posting negative comments repeatedly wont push corsair any faster ,you have to agree they arent trying to make people angry by holding up on a update,i just think they want to be as sure as possible that they produce a fixed update before releasing it.im sorry for coming on too strong towards you but i tire of being badgered simply because ive had good experiences with corsairs products.

no one wants these bugs worked out more than corsair does but it would be irresponsible to put out a faulty update and have even more problems

corsair has a good line of products and like most ,they have their challenges

I by no means dislike corsair! I have ram and a few ssd's made by them, and Im not on any other corsair forum....Why, because they work as expected, so my money was well spent. The only issue I have is with the link and again so we can kindly understand each other I spent (I don't remember but 150$ or so) for a product that has not worked in a year and a half. How patient should one be? I'm not alone here and Im not negative about all of corsair but one specific product. I agree that corsair has some very good products....BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM, and maybe if this thread goes on someone will notice and make a change seeing that it is not going in the right direction. This is not a 3 week old issue and even corair employees say that updating is kinda confusing to them as well. People are lost trying to update with the uninstall this, then install that, throw a ping pong ball at computer 4 times and wait 5 min viola it works. No manual, and thanks to toasted (not corsair) there is some what of a walk through now, is that not the job of corsair? Why do they design software if not done right will brick your unit? Where is all the info maybe like most sites with a Q&A. I could go on and on but I hope you get my point that every aspect of the link is flawed form information, to implantation, to functionality, ask your self this why did they spend time on a new GUI instead of fixing the software issues. The GUI could have come later when it finally worked for all. Resources wasted, what most people want is fan control which is why they bought the link not fancy interface, although it could have been a project for them later to do at a later time, so I feel resources were wasted on a GUI instead of fixing the software. Addressing the update you want them to get it right instead of pushing frequent one well in a year and a half (corsair trying to get it right) I "think" there were 4 updates, each one with a new set of issues, so they spend 3-6 months getting it right, ends up wrong, so common sense would say hey lets start a beta trial so once we modify the code before we invest 80 more hours, see if it works. If not then we can redesign and refocus on that problem. Baby steps most people who have made it to these forums have a understanding that BETA is just that, so if it breaks they wont whine but at least it was a shot as long as corsair provides a way to restore old config. Ugh rant over for today

they did say their in their final stages of testing so to me that would mean progress is being made.

i think its a good move to hold back until compatibility with products has been ironed out.

Archived