Corsair Community

Corsair K95 unplug/replug every few minutes

GraysonK

So I have a brand new corsair K95 RGB keyboard, currently being used with a brand new pro i160. Newest drivers installed, and using the iCUE software.

Every few minutes the keyboard will become undetected (lights stay on, but it is completely unresponsive), requiring me to unplug and replug the USB. It will continue working for a few minutes, or sometimes just a matter of seconds. Inside of the iCUE software the keyboard either vanishes or shows a red "!" in a triangle, which is fixed briefly when I unplug/replug the keyboard. Also got a windows "The last USB device you connected to this computed malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it" error message x1.

USB slots are all working fine with other devices. And I would assume corsair <=> corsair compatibility.

Couldn't find anything specific on the forums addressing this. I tried some troubleshooting:

-Reinstalled the drivers/rebooted with the keyboard plugged in

-Disabled USB selective suspend in windows 10 power options

-Found out I was using a USB 2 port, changed to USB 3 port (which oddly fixed the problem for a few hours before it returned?)

Anything else I can do to troubleshoot this?

Any idea if this is a hardware or a software issue? Will replacing the keyboard help, or I'll just get the same issues?

Thanks to the community,

Grayson

this is happening to me as well, i filed a ticket and have gotten zero response from corsair. Very very frustrated. Especially since i had to previously rma the scimitar mouse for the double click bug. I'm totally done with the company after this. Two faulty product is just too much, the lack of response from CS isn't helping.

I've tried all the fixes you mentioned and none worked for me either. I even tried the keyboard on another computer. I really really wish I had never purchased it at this point. Now i'm stuck with a 160$ brick. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did, honestly RMA it. I have a feeling the problem lies with icue tho.

Same problems ... So far exact 20min and red ! and hanging.... Unplug, plug but I am lucky not to get the error about malfunction, keyboard is returning to life.

Turned off USB power saving, restarted, very frustrating, giving couple days and RMA... Next I'll try if iCue is a problem. All firmwares new.

If it's happening every 20 minutes, sounds like a power issue with OS. Some sort of power saving feature. BTW, if you are changing the power plan settings, YOU NEED TO EDIT A COPY OF THE DEFAULT PLANS. If you edit the regular ones, like say "Balanced", the changes will not save. MS protects the default plans, so copy the plan you want to use, then make changes.

Try running the system on a Max Performance plan, like "Ultimate". I have Bitsum's Process Lasso, which includes a Highest Performance one, which disables cpu parking and other features.

I think your USB Power Saver is kicking in. You think you changed the setting, but you probably edited the MS supplied plan, which MS discarded the changes on reboot. Thus it seems to not have worked.

I RMAed it ...

If I set static color = works flawlessly

If I set RGB color = hangs couple minutes

All USB power savings OFF, performance MAX with no power savings except shutting down monitors... I didn't pay for it 200$ not to not use RGB patterns. But no it's random, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 5 sometimes 20min, one time (max) 60min and keyboard hanging, RGB frozen, need unplug USB and plug again. Doesn't matter, all people if you're having same problems, just change to static color.

Edited by F1le

• 1 month later...

Can confirm. New received after RMA the old one. New works totally fine...

So if your keyboard :

1/Hangs on RGB every couple of minutes and you need to unplug and plug it again.

2/Works much longer with just static light but hangs once a day

RMA this, don't even try to do some voodoo firmware updates etc as it does not work.