Corsair Community

H100i pro AIO setup with LL and ML fans

AndyM001

Hi, I'm planning on doing a few upgrades in to a new case that I've ordered. I'm using 3 LL120 fans up front, 1 LL140 for the rear exhaust, and the 2 ML120's attached to the radiator. I've done some research on the forum (particularly Zotty's guides) and online and think I've got my head around the setup. Can someone please confirm if either of the 2 setups attached look okay, and if both are, which would be the best option, thanks in advance.

1619037706_CorsairRGBFans-CommanderPro-H100iSetup1.thumb.jpg.37163011eb7702631e1d081e3f57a020.jpg

843075240_CorsairRGBFans-CommanderPro-H100iSetup2.thumb.jpg.34ad5af779c78bbaa09adb0e49c365ef.jpg

#2 is what you want. There's no reason to waste 2 Commander Pro headers on the radiator fans when the AIO has a built in controller that is also controllable through CUE. More to the point, it's something of a safety feature. The Commander cannot read the coolant temp of the AIO unless the software is running. However, with the fans on the AIO controller, it can always make them do the right thing. In the event of a malfunction like if the pump did not start, the fans would immediately ramp up to max without having to boot into Windows and wait for CUE to load up and then make a response.

In more day to day stuff, the fans will either max out or go flat when they loose the sensor data from the AIO. If then are connected to the AIO, your CUE fan profile is saved to the device and it's a seamless handoff between hardware and software mode.

#2 is what you want. There's no reason to waste 2 Commander Pro headers on the radiator fans when the AIO has a built in controller that is also controllable through CUE. More to the point, it's something of a safety feature. The Commander cannot read the coolant temp of the AIO unless the software is running. However, with the fans on the AIO controller, it can always make them do the right thing. In the event of a malfunction like if the pump did not start, the fans would immediately ramp up to max without having to boot into Windows and wait for CUE to load up and then make a response.

In more day to day stuff, the fans will either max out or go flat when they loose the sensor data from the AIO. If then are connected to the AIO, your CUE fan profile is saved to the device and it's a seamless handoff between hardware and software mode.

Excellent, thanks for the reply.