Corsair Community

One question before hitting the trigger... sorry for asking again, but I'm not so good with english.

What if I'd purchase the LS100 Starter Kit (2x250 and 2x450mm) and an Expansion Kit (2x250mm)? Would I be able to connect them short-short-long-short-short-long (meaning 1x250 + 1x450 for each long side of my 34" ultrawide monitor)? Would it work or would it exceed the maximum led number? Or would iCue do problems?

Thanks!

Baio

• 3 months later...
Any update from Corsair on this?

What's your issue buddy?

I've partially solved configuring the LS100 channel as RGB strips (4x250 + 2x450), even if I can't use Video Lighting effect.

Only issue that is still there... every x hours the last 2 strips start to show a wrong colour (I use static white) and LS100 button does not turn off/on light.

Baio

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the kit yet due too this limitations but according to me there are other limitations even bigger then the one you are speaking about

1) max 138 addressable led is not enough for big monitor. let me make a quick resume of what we can buy

250mm bar = 15led

350mm bar = 21led

450mm bar = 27led

1400mm bar = 84led

As you can easly calculate by yourself 1400mm bar (that is perfect for 55" TV) cannot be used (you can address just it alone). Furthermore a 350mm on the vertical monitor side cannot be used together with 4x450mm (two top to bottom) are used (monitor from 32" to 46")

SO PLEASE IN THE FURTER RELEASE of your controller add the support UP TO 222 LEDs ON A SINGLE CHANNEL ( 2x 1400mm bars + 2 x 450mm bars, that will cover all the user cases of use).

It will cost more ? don't worry who need it will pay for it.

2) The previous poin lead us to the second one. Why should I buy a starter kit with bars that do not suits my needs and waste my money ? So please let us to buy only the controller without bundled bars, so we can chose by ourselft whatever we want according to our specific needs.

3) as other user already said, let us choose where we put the bar, the screen size e the bar sequence (always respecting the max leds adressable number)

Edited by ronzino

• 1 month later...

What is the situation on this now? I would like to get the LS100 working on my Acer X35

Is it possible to run 6 x strips (2 x 450mm and 4 x 250mm)?

i.e. 2 x 250mm for the side and the top and bottoms of the monitors getting 1 x 450 + 1 x 250mm (700mm total)? As this would work best for 34" UW IMO.

Any chance of some longer 700m strips in future?

Thanks!

Edited by zefal55

I dont believe there is a general misunderstanding of this. What most ultrawide users are asking for is the ability to specify what length of strips we're using instead of the rigid preset. For instance, the preset is short-long-long-short-long-long. My 34' ultrawide wont fit two long strips on the top and bottom without having to overlap the two strips in the middle. This results in a hot spot in the middle of the top and bottom with light overlap that looks bad with the lighting effect running. If I could specify 6 shorts all around the monitor, or 4 shorts and 2 long (short-short-long-short-short-long) it would work better. And using 6 short strips would not exceed the number of leds in the preset. Right now I have to use 1 long on top and bottom, but it leaves dark spots in the corners and only illuminates about 2/3 of the length along the top and bottom. But I dont have room to add another long strip. We just want some flexibility in how it is set up.

Could you put a picture of how it looks to give me an idea? I'm going to put it like you and I want to see the result first ...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Fever,

Revisiting this for the exact reason you are.  I have the starter and extras of the 450 and 250 but as others have indicated there in no combination that will support video lighting on my Acer 34P (2 450's are about 50 mm too long).  I mean for an ultra wide I feel what I have is a pretty common sized.  I wonder if this product will be going EOL soon or have a revision.

I was wondering if I could use two smaller 350mm strips for ultrawide (for top and bottom) and have the video feature work?  From what I can tell the configuration screen still has the longer strips.  If anyone has tried this please let me know.

My 34" 21:9 Monitor has a width of ~83cm and a height of ~38cm. In my case optimum would be to use 4x 35cm + 2x 45cm strips (45+35 top & bottom, 35 on each side). But before i just buy and try them myself i wanted to ask if this is a feasible solution and if not whats the drawback of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

nothing works except 2*250 + 2*450 for video lighting mode with a ultrawide screen. But it is too large for an ultrawide screen 21:9.

Just don't buy it for an ultrawide, it is a steal...And corsair seems to does not care about this problem since 3 years now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I have a large Aorus monitor. I want to run 2 x 250mm strips up the side, then 2 x 450mm across the top, then 2 x 250mm down the other side, and 2 x 450mm across the bottom.

Currently the last 450mm strip doesnt light up at all.

Is there any plan for Corsair to resolve this situation and allow for increased connectivity?