Corsair Community

iCUE not recognising Lightning Node CORE

EnglishBloke

TLDR;

Three QL120's connected to Lighting Node CORE then to Commander Pro, not showing up in iCUE

PRODUCTS

-Corsair Carbide Spec-06 White Case

-iCUE LS100 Starter Kit

-H100i AIO Cooler

-QL120 RGB Fan Kit (Contains Lighting Node)

-Commander Pro

-RGB Hub

SETUP

Firstly I have fitted the LS100 kit inside my case, with two of the 250mm strips internally and one of the 450mm strips replacing the LED's that came in the front of the case as they were not iCUE compatible. These are daisy chained and connected to LED Port 2 in the Commander Pro.

I took the two LL120 fans from the H100i and mounted them inside my case. These both go to the RGB Hub which is then connected to LED port 2 of the Commander Pro.

For my H100i I have mounted 2 QL120 fans to it (Because the LL120's face the wrong way so the lights would be pointing at the radiator and the front of my case is covered). The third QL120 is below the radiator.

All three of these fans go to the included Lightning Node CORE, which is connected to the Commander Pro via USB port 1.

All accessories are lit using a Lighting Link mode.

PROBLEM

The QL120's cannot be found in the iCUE software. When connected to the Lighting Node they simply light up white. There is no option for selecting the Lightning Node in the software, even through the Commander Pro. If I connect one to the RGB Hub and tell it I have 3 fans then the connected QL will display the test LED, but because the RGB Hub is set up for the LL120's, I cannot connect all the QL's through the Hub as they have more LED's and they will not light up correctly.

EXTRA

While extremely unlikely to be related, I recently replaced my PSU and Motherboard. I'm 75% certain that the RGB in the QL120's were editable through iCUE before this. I did not unplug anything relating to them except the fan control to the AIO pump, which is now connected again.

Edited by EnglishBloke

Since the QLs are connected to a Lighting Node Core, you are looking for that device at the top of the CUE window. If it does not show, you most likely have a USB recognition problem.

1) Check the USB 2 plug on the Commander passthrough. The receptacle is large and it is very easy to misalign the USB plug on the pins.

2) Try it at another USB port, on the Commander, your USB hub, or MB directly. The x570 motherboard seem to be finicky about USB connections. You also can try other device USB plugs on the Commander to see if anything is recognized.

• 3 months later...
I am also having a similar problem, my lighting node pro is dectected in usbdeview but is not dectected at all by icue so I am stuck on rainbow on my lighting strips and rgb fans. What i found very odd is that when i uninstall icue and install Link, everything works fine but i cant change the rgb of my vengance ram as it is icue only!

I am also having a similar problem, my lighting node pro is dectected in usbdeview but is not dectected at all by icue so I am stuck on rainbow on my lighting strips and rgb fans. What i found very odd is that when i uninstall icue and install Link, everything works fine but i cant change the rgb of my vengance ram as it is icue only!
I have this same exact issue as well, I can see the node in ILINK but not in ICUE (which I used to be able to see, I believe one of the many updates stopped it)