Corsair Community

hydro XL5 coolant life span

Danelite86

For a clear no-dye coolant? A year. Probably could go longer. I typically find a reason to change something long before I get to that point and have to drain.

Once you add dye, then you need to be a bit more cautious. Some of the really exotic stuff might only last a few months before it start to break down. None of the Corsair colored coolants should destabilize that quickly, but if you are at 9 months and your blue is looking faded, it is something to consider.

For a clear no-dye coolant? A year. Probably could go longer. I typically find a reason to change something long before I get to that point and have to drain.

Once you add dye, then you need to be a bit more cautious. Some of the really exotic stuff might only last a few months before it start to break down. None of the Corsair colored coolants should destabilize that quickly, but if you are at 9 months and your blue is looking faded, it is something to consider.

Is it the heat that breaks down the fluid over time..?

or oxidation ?

• Corsair Employee
what's the life span / when should i change the coolant? running the Hydro X series XL5 performance coolant clear

We recommend changing your custom cooling system’s fluid every 12 months to remove particulate build-up and ensure optimal thermal performance.