Corsair Community

Corsair Link has discovered new devices

cadmonkey

"Corsair Link has discovered new devices which require a reboot to finalize the installation process. Click ok to reboot now or click cancel to reboot later"

So I click ok and it reboots, same message comes up.

I click cancel and the message flashes back - it won't go away.

I don't have tricky corsair watercooling bits.

I do have a commander mini

I do have a new EVGA micro 2 X99 board.

The messages started when I installed this board. Poos.

Is there a regedit to stop it finding new devices?

This software has not been nice even on my old board, with multiple crashes and all the other usual problems...

I am running Linux on this system, so I actually needed Windows for Corsair link, and to keep in touch with where they're headed with Windows in general, so I needed the latest Previews. Otherwise, the older RTM versions would suffice.

You can download the older ISOs from MS or elsewhere, and verify the hashes from MS or something. Just search for it, you'll find it easily. Build 10240 is the public release version, so it should be stable on that version.

Also if you can wait a bit longer, you can download the stable version directly as an update. MS is gearing for an upgrade this fall, they have been testing new features, and I believe 10586 will be the version which will be released to the public, of course after it has undergone some insider testing. So if you could wait for a couple of weeks or so, there should be a new stable update for public release very soon.

I had the same issue, this is how I solved it:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=153074

Maybe there's a better solution, which is what the last reply suggests.

I got it to stop the new device thing with this:

Totally worked for me. Just right click start button, click run, and type in "regedit"

So navigate to this path in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:

AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1

DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1

SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Just double click these individually in the far right pane and a window will pop up with the value already highlighted. Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.

But now it doesn't show any fans haha.

It really is a buggy piece of software.

Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.

But now it doesn't show any fans haha.

It really is a buggy piece of software.

Well, its all zeros as you said. But all the fans do show up on my system, probably because I went through reinstalling the OS more than a couple of times to get it running.

• 3 weeks later...
"Corsair Link has discovered new devices which require a reboot to finalize the installation process. Click ok to reboot now or click cancel to reboot later"

So I click ok and it reboots, same message comes up.

I click cancel and the message flashes back - it won't go away.

I don't have tricky corsair watercooling bits.

I do have a commander mini

I do have a new EVGA micro 2 X99 board.

The messages started when I installed this board. Poos.

Is there a regedit to stop it finding new devices?

This software has not been nice even on my old board, with multiple crashes and all the other usual problems...

None of these fixes work. Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro build 1511 and now Corsair Link wont stop annoying me with "discovered new devices".

ax 860i

h80i

Tried all versions of CL back to 5676. They all do the same thing.

I completely agree. Corsair needs to fix this software. I have an H100i and a original commander with 2 lighting and 2 cooling nodes. It barely works on Windows 10 and caused the threshold 2 update to get stuck which caused problems and required a reinstall of Windows to fix. I've since removed link to install threshold 2 and link doesn't work. Now that NZXT offers the Grid+, Hue+, and kraken series coolers which all use the much more stable CAM software I see no reason to continue fighting corsair's awful software. I was contemplating buying 2 commander minis on cyber Monday, but not now. I guess NZXT will be getting my money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived