Corsair Community

Commander Pro : Fan speed scale

sqall12001

Like if one fan is capable of 300-1500rpm and another can do 800-3500 rpm, the ability to make the scale 100-2000rpm on one fan, and 500-4000 on another. Or if you don't have any fans that go above 3000rpm, to cut off that scale at 3000.

I doubt that a Commander Pro can work out what speeds your fans are capable of. What I have asked for in the past is the ability to set the points of the graph for a PWM percentage rather than simply a finite speed i.e. 30% for 28°C, 40% for 35°C, etc. That would save me having a group of profiles defined for 120mm fans and another for 140mm fans.

I think a lot of us would like to see the graphs scale better, although we are normally referring to the dashboard and device values. You can make your like easier by typing in the two boxes on the left of the fan curve, rather than trying to drag the points around. I did that for the first few weeks. Never again.
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

still the same.

it's just one of many things.. the whole GUI needs to be redone from the ground up.

So many people come asking why their fans make a racket, just because the interface is so cryptic and they can't find out how to create a custom fan curve..

And once it's done, applying it also is a problem.

hiring some tech publication personnel would help too... i wonder when Corsair will start to publish manuals with their products

Was it resolved at any point?

It's crazy to see scale going to 5k rpm when my fans can do only 2i.

Setting the speed on my AIO is done in %, but yeah the Commander Pro does rpm. Might be because the AIO comes with Corsair fans so they know the speed where the Commander Pro doesnt come with fans so could be any attached?

I have a question related to what the commander pro says is the minimum rpm you can set for a fan? I am not using icue to control my commander and using Argus Monitor and it only let's me set minimum 25% which is about 700 rpm so wondering what the icue interface thinks is lowest for the ccpro?

Thanks.

I have a question related to what the commander pro says is the minimum rpm you can set for a fan?

It’s on an individual fan basis. Each fan model has a minimum PWM% and RPM it can run. In order for any controller to do 10%, the fan must be capable. 20-25% PWM is a typical minimum, but what RPM that equates to depends on the fan and its maximum. This one of the downsides to using 3000 rpm high speed fans you will have a somewhat high minimum.